CABANA BAY BEACH RESORT Thread..........

Does anyone know if the gift shop at Cabana Bay sells the tubes sold at the lazy river? We will have a small air compressor for an air mattress and would rather buy the tubes in the gift shop and blow them up in the room. Last summer we had to wait almost 45 minutes in the sun in line waiting to purchase tubes. I would rather avoid having to do that again! Thanks!

Update: I called Cabana Bay hotel and spoke to the gift shop. They do not sell floats in the gift shop. I thought I saw floats in the gift shop on our last trip, but wasn't 100% sure. Well according to the gift shop employee they do not.

I'm not sure about requesting a cot, but I've stayed in a suite and with the fold-up bed in the living space, I'm not sure where there would be room for a cot. If there is, it would be just barely and nobody better need to get up in the middle of the night. Depending on the budget, I might consider doing a 2 bedroom suite or some type of adjoining rooms rather than trying to get 6 adults/teens in one suite.

My son is going to sleep on the sofa with a blanket and pillow from home, without opening it into a sofa bed. This way the air mattress will fit on the living room floor. He isn't tall and the sofa will be fine. We have stayed in the family suites at Cabana Bay twice now so we are aware of the space and set up. If we could get a cot I would leave the air mattress at home. Called Cabana Bay and they do not offer cots at Cabana Bay at all, no matter which room is booked.

Also, 2 bedroom suites are not available during our trip. Otherwise I may have switched us to that.

We have stayed at most of the hotels, fortunately, as my daughter is a CM. Cabana Bay, is by far, our favorite. We like the layout of the rooms and the privacy afforded by the little living area/kitchenette.

We've stayed at several of the Deluxe resorts and they are nice, but we love the laid back family atmosphere at CB. However, that being said, the key word is "family" so if you are looking for romantic, quiet or adult, you might want to look elsewhere.

The only issue we have had is PARKING. DH drives a quadcab F150 and parking it is a nightmare. Very limited parking (IMO) and several nights we had to park a long way from our room.

Just got back from another GREAT week at Cabana Bay! It's an absolute STEAL for Volcano Bay entry and is just our favorite place to stay period right now!

I made a fun little youtube video for the resort. Click and enjoy. Really puts you in that Cabana Bay mood!

Just got back from another GREAT week at Cabana Bay! It's an absolute STEAL for Volcano Bay entry and is just our favorite place to stay period right now!

I made a fun little youtube video for the resort. Click and enjoy. Really puts you in that Cabana Bay mood!

I've added it to the 2nd post at the beginning of the thread........

Thanks Ralph, for taking the time to make the video........:)

I have a question on the s'mores (love them and it looks like a fun thing to do). They sell the kits at the hotel, correct? Is there usually a wait to get to the fire pits or can you just walk up and make yours?

I have a question on the s'mores (love them and it looks like a fun thing to do). They sell the kits at the hotel, correct? Is there usually a wait to get to the fire pits or can you just walk up and make yours?

Saw it being done, but haven't done it or looked it up myself. We are Scouters and smore-making is a sacred art. LOL! I think they sell kits, not 100% positive though....

Yes, they sell the kits in the grab-and-go section of the diner. I don't recall the price.

Do they require a credit card deposit upon check in if you book a package? I think I read somewhere that someone had to put $100.00 per night on their credit card for incidentals.

Do they require a credit card deposit upon check in if you book a package? I think I read somewhere that someone had to put $100.00 per night on their credit card for incidentals.

If you set your room key up to charge, they do put a $100 a night hold on the card. We weren't aware of this last month and it was a bit of a surprise. If you don't set up to charge, I don't believe they do this.

If you set your room key up to charge, they do put a $100 a night hold on the card. We weren't aware of this last month and it was a bit of a surprise. If you don't set up to charge, I don't believe they do this.
I won't be setting up my room key so I'm glad to hear this! Thank you! :)

I won't be setting up my room key so I'm glad to hear this! Thank you! :)
I always decline and I don't get the $100 charge per night. Do keep an eye on your statement though. This last trip I was charged for parking and some random charge and we hadn't charged anything to the room and didn't have a car.
So it's worth looking at your statement.

Labour day weekend is coming up quickly. Only 49 days until we are in Orlando, and 56 days until Cabana Bay!

I always decline and I don't get the $100 charge per night. Do keep an eye on your statement though. This last trip I was charged for parking and some random charge and we hadn't charged anything to the room and didn't have a car.
So it's worth looking at your statement.

Labour day weekend is coming up quickly. Only 49 days until we are in Orlando, and 56 days until Cabana Bay!
Thank you that's good advice! We're at 76 days for Cabana Bay!!! So excited! have a great trip! :)

Volcano Bay Cabana Bay Entrance Question:

We'll be staying at Cabana Bay this October and in some of the information I've read, if you want to use the Cabana Bay entrance to Volcano Bay, each person must have a room key. I am planning a trip where some local friends will be meeting us at the room and we'll be walking over to Volcano Bay together. Since our friends won't have a room key, will we need to take a longer way to get there (ie. walk to another resort and take their Volcano Bay bus, our friends parking in the main parking and meeting us there, etc.) or does anyone know if they'll make exceptions at that Cabana Bay entrance?

TIA! :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!