New menu names at Galaxy's Edge Docking Bay 7 Food/Cargo **Now a hybrid menu 10/30 #53**

I agree it is sad. Also looks like the vegetarian 'meatloaf' is gone completely.
There is a tiny section after the kids meals that says plant based that has the newly titled ‘hummus plate’

California has a plant based ronto wrap and both parks got unique plant based kids dishes as well

You dont even need to read the description. Other than the fried chicken, all others basically had what they were in the title. Ribs, salad, roast, spread etc.... My guess is (and maybe this is just really hoping) this is not the reason for the title change.

You dont even need to read the description. Other than the fried chicken, all others basically had what they were in the title. Ribs, salad, roast, spread etc.... My guess is (and maybe this is just really hoping) this is not the reason for the title change.
What other reason would it be?

I think it's really sad that they are already removing some of the theming and the entire land isn't even open yet!! So unless the put it back, they've already made it so that no one will be able to experience the entire land with the original theming---at least in WDW. :(

I really think Disney just misdiagnosed this. If they are having a problem filling tables at Docking Bay, it is probably because (1) They could have been just a little more basic on the KIDS menu since basically every family blog says avoid docking bay like the plague if you have kids (the adult menu I doubt is a problem--the interesting bowls at Salu'ti sell out all the time--but even Salu'ti has a hot dog for picky kiddos), (2) all the Oga's confusion where people thought it was a sit down and cancelled in droves when they learned it was a bar has shown there was a ton of demand for a table service restaurant in SWGE--so if they had done that instead of counter service that'd be great; and (3) they are probably cannibalizing sales with the very popular ronto roasters just next door: most people aren't going to eat two meals in SWGE, and everyone raves about the ronto wrap.

@momoftwins I think you're on to something. I always forget Docking Bay is there as I've heard more about ronto roasters. Granted I haven't been to GE yet...

I really think Disney just misdiagnosed this. If they are having a problem filling tables at Docking Bay, it is probably because (1) They could have been just a little more basic on the KIDS menu since basically every family blog says avoid docking bay like the plague if you have kids (the adult menu I doubt is a problem--the interesting bowls at Salu'ti sell out all the time--but even Salu'ti has a hot dog for picky kiddos), (2) all the Oga's confusion where people thought it was a sit down and cancelled in droves when they learned it was a bar has shown there was a ton of demand for a table service restaurant in SWGE--so if they had done that instead of counter service that'd be great; and (3) they are probably cannibalizing sales with the very popular ronto roasters just next door: most people aren't going to eat two meals in SWGE, and everyone raves about the ronto wrap.

We ate at both (not the same day). The food in the rest of DHS is boring, so we were really excited to have better options in SWGE and we weren't disappointed.

I agree it is sad. Also looks like the vegetarian 'meatloaf' is gone completely.
If I remember correctly, that never came to Florida. I thought it sounded much better than the current vegetarian meal, but maybe we'll at least get the plant based Ronto Wrap that just debuted in Batuu West.

I think it's over simplifying to refer to the changes as dumbing down of the theming. I suspect a number of visitors to GE just aren't invested enough to want to play along with the story. If guest pushback is in fact the motivation for these changes, it won't be long before CMs are given the option of slipping in and out of character based on the interaction with any individual guest.

I think it's over simplifying to refer to the changes as dumbing down of the theming. I suspect a number of visitors to GE just aren't invested enough to want to play along with the story. If guest pushback is in fact the motivation for these changes, it won't be long before CMs are given the option of slipping in and out of character based on the interaction with any individual guest.
As it should be.

I think the original names probably created extra hassle when ordering. When you're in a loud, busy QS restaurant waiting to order, you've got kids with you and you're trying to read through the menu quickly to figure out what everyone wants to order, having to read a description of every item to figure out what it is is just an additional hassle. (I've never been there, just imagining how it might be). I would guess that a lot of people were also asking CMs to explain what the dishes were which just bogs everything down. It's not like a table service restaurant where you have time to leisurely peruse the menu before ordering.

Too bad. Was looking forward to asking a Batuu CM about the Tip Yip and having them ask me what planet I was from, and then saying "Hmm Earth, then I guess it would taste like a chicken on your planet."

One less opportunity for WDW magic.

Too bad. Was looking forward to asking a Batuu CM about the Tip Yip and having them ask me what planet I was from, and then saying "Hmm Earth, then I guess it would taste like a chicken on your planet."

One less opportunity for WDW magic.

I don’t think the fact that the Tip Yip is listed as fried chicken means that you’re missing out on an opportunity.

It’s a noisy, busy counter service kiosk where they’re trying to move the lines as quickly as possible. I didn’t really find it conducive to conversation. Each time I ordered, the cm’s just wanted to know what I wanted and how I was going to pay. Lol. They were always super nice though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!