All Star Music Renovations

I'm glad you had a good trip! Do you think it's safe to say building 9 is finished? Did it look like they had started on building 7?

If it's not finished, I would say it is very very close to being done. I saw some people walking around rooms and it looks like they were inspecting them. Most of the work traffic appeared to be at building 8. I only caught a few glimpses of building 7. There were some people in safety vests walking around, but nothing like the traffic going on at building 8.

If it's not finished, I would say it is very very close to being done. I saw some people walking around rooms and it looks like they were inspecting them. Most of the work traffic appeared to be at building 8. I only caught a few glimpses of building 7. There were some people in safety vests walking around, but nothing like the traffic going on at building 8.
Okay thanks! I want to put building 9 as finished, but I would hate if they're still working on it and I put it down as finished.

We were blessed and got an updated room at All Star Music - Jazz Inn (we did not book a preferred room) - wanted to share photos for those curious!

We asked our travel agent to put in a request for an “updated room” (wording provided by Disney customer service when I called). :banana:

*Rooms are updated to include 2 queen beds (one is pull out)

View attachment 464884View attachment 464885View attachment 464886View attachment 464887View attachment 464888View attachment 464889

From some of those pictures, I could swear you were taking pictures of our Pop room.

I'm a bit conflicted about this. On the one hand, I think the refurb looks great. On the other hand, I do wish the resorts each had a more unique feel. I know they're "just" value rooms, but it would be nice to see more resort-specific theming in each.

Pretty sure I'll still put in my request for an updated room for my trip. though.

This is going to be a silly question but how do I go about requesting a renovated room? On the early check in it only gave me the option to choose near transportation and Calypso buildings. Thanks for any help!

Does anyone know why they are starting and ending with the preferred rooms? There will come a point where all standard rooms are 100% done, but those booking preferred will only have a 50/50 chance of getting a renovated one. I personally booked a standard, but I think I'd be annoyed if I paid extra for a preferred room and had to sleep on double beds while others paid less and got nicer rooms.

Does anyone know why they are starting and ending with the preferred rooms? There will come a point where all standard rooms are 100% done, but those booking preferred will only have a 50/50 chance of getting a renovated one. I personally booked a standard, but I think I'd be annoyed if I paid extra for a preferred room and had to sleep on double beds while others paid less and got nicer rooms.
If you pay for a preferred room you are paying for the location. I don’t think disney is paying any attention to that. They are going in that direction to finish by all star sports because it will be easier to move the equipment from buildings 1 and 2. Unfortunately that’s just part of staying at a hotel with renovations

They did the same thing at Pop Century and ASMovies. They go in order for convenience, so they can move from building to building around the resort vs. having to cart everything through guest areas to get to the other side and slow themselves down.

This is going to be a silly question but how do I go about requesting a renovated room? On the early check in it only gave me the option to choose near transportation and Calypso buildings. Thanks for any help!
Like PP mentioned, call and speak with a CM who will note your preferences on your reservation. I'd still complete the early check in - but make sure not to check a request that conflicts with what you really want - and follow up with the phone call. Every time I have called, I have mostly received what I requested. Every time I only completed the early online check in, I've never received what I wanted. Maybe coincidence. Probably not.

Like PP mentioned, call and speak with a CM who will note your preferences on your reservation. I'd still complete the early check in - but make sure not to check a request that conflicts with what you really want - and follow up with the phone call. Every time I have called, I have mostly received what I requested. Every time I only completed the early online check in, I've never received what I wanted. Maybe coincidence. Probably not.
Thanks so much!

So building 8 is preferred based on the FB post above? I thought only 1,2,9 and 10 were preferred.

No. The post is confusing but I think the front desk CM just told her the wrong thing. Building 8 is standard.

ok that’s what I thought. It seemed a bit far away for preferred and I really wanted one of the closer buildings when we are there Feb 3-5

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!