All Star Sports Recommendations Please

Kelli72

Earning My Ears
Hi! I am new here, so I was not sure if I should start a new thread or just post in one that is already existing...

We will be staying at AS Sports Dec 04-09 in a preferred room. Does anyone have any suggestions on good room location, floor, etc.. This will be our first time at WDW, so any advice at all would be greatly appreciated! :) Also curious about travel time on the busses to the different parks.

Our party will have 4 adults and 2 kids (ages 8 and 13) in 2 rooms. Thanks!

Touring Plans has a room by room breakdown with recommendations, pictures of the view, etc.

First floor is convenient for coming and going but tends to have more noise with people walking past the room and people above you. Third floor is less convenient but probably the quietest. I prefer the backside of the buildings (away from the pool/courtyard areas), super quiet.

Touring Plans has a room by room breakdown with recommendations, pictures of the view, etc.

First floor is convenient for coming and going but tends to have more noise with people walking past the room and people above you. Third floor is less convenient but probably the quietest. I prefer the backside of the buildings (away from the pool/courtyard areas), super quiet.
Very helpful info! Thank you so much! :)

We were just in 7116. Preferred, Touchdown, backside, first floor.

It was perfect for us.

We asked to be close to transportation and food. I also asked for the first floor because I use a scooter and that ends up being a pain on the elevator.

It was quiet, because it was away from the action. But we just weren't that far away from the action.

Okay, you are going to be there during POP Warner so my suggestion is to try to be away from all activity and busy areas. I would request Surfs Up, Top Floor and I would really want backside away from pool. I would probably call and have all that written on to my reservation. I was there last trip and it was a great spot, easy to get to all in a couple minutes.

Okay, you are going to be there during POP Warner so my suggestion is to try to be away from all activity and busy areas. I would request Surfs Up, Top Floor and I would really want backside away from pool. I would probably call and have all that written on to my reservation. I was there last trip and it was a great spot, easy to get to all in a couple minutes.
Thank you! Definitely will call tomorrow! In your experience, does that cause heavier traffic at the parks, or just the resorts? Just curious.

We were just in 7116. Preferred, Touchdown, backside, first floor.

It was perfect for us.

We asked to be close to transportation and food. I also asked for the first floor because I use a scooter and that ends up being a pain on the elevator.

It was quiet, because it was away from the action. But we just weren't that far away from the action.
Away from the action works for us! Thank you!

Thank you! Definitely will call tomorrow! In your experience, does that cause heavier traffic at the parks, or just the resorts? Just curious.

I haven't been there for that but you can do searches on here for info. The resorts should be the most impact because they are there and the competitions. I'm sure they are in the parks but it should be pretty spread out. It's at resorts most the "noise" comes.

We have been at Sports twice during Pop Warner. There was zero difference in the parks. You notice them at The resort because they are in groups dressed alike. But no noticeable change in traffic around the resort.

Just got back today from a 3 night stay at All Star Sports. I had booked a preferred room and did a fax request through Touring Plans. I requested room 6154 and that is exactly the room I got. It's in Surf's Up building 6, on the side away from the pool, ground floor and at the end closest to Stadium Hall. It was very quiet.

Just got back today from a 3 night stay at All Star Sports. I had booked a preferred room and did a fax request through Touring Plans. I requested room 6154 and that is exactly the room I got. It's in Surf's Up building 6, on the side away from the pool, ground floor and at the end closest to Stadium Hall. It was very quiet.
Thank you! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter