All you need to know about Eisner, you could learn from...

airlarry!

Did you know some ferns date back to Prehistoric t
Rupert Murdoch? Check out this article, spotted by Al Lutz on www.mouseplanet.com from this website:

http://www.newyorkmetro.com/nymetro/news/media/columns/medialife/5766/

Here's my favorite part of the article:

Then he told the story of selling the Fox Family Channel to Disney -- of running into Michael Eisner at Herb Allen's Sun Valley conference and of how much Michael wanted to do a deal. Apparently any deal.
We wandered into an open bar at a nearby restaurant where one of the TED dinners was to be held that night -- but there was no bartender. Still talking about the Disney deal, rehashing the billions he'd gotten, Rupert slipped behind the bar and started to open the wine. "I had to let Peter Chernin do the deal," he said, "because I couldn't keep a straight face."
Rupert crows here about beating Ei$ner at CEO Texas Hold 'em...and before one dismisses this as bravado from another rich bigwig, notice he is pained when asked about losing the DirectTV deal to Charlie Gergen.

BTW: If you are not sure if Disney listens to complaints when you visit (remember LB's lament about hopelessness after his visit) check out the rest of Al's article where he talks about the company moving up the timetable on refurbishment after getting 4200 complaints about refurbishment last year, which was 10 times (TEN TIMES!) the complaints they had the year before.

quote from Al's article

From what I can gather, everyone is tired of this combative, prickly and micromanaging CEO. He was great when he came in, but he's been on the shelf now long past the expiration date. They are tired of Eisner fighting with everyone, losing relationships with Lucas, Spielberg, and now Pixar. His hardball tactics, while making Disney a lot of money during the good times, have come back to haunt him now that times are tough, as no one is giving the company any kind of courtesy or break. One thing the entertainment business thrives on is relationships, no matter how superficial or shallow they may be. Eisner just can't be bothered with them

This pretty well sums it up. He's made too many enemies. The rumors coming out from various sources is the beginning of the end. This is usually the case when dirty laundry in the board room starts to become public.

Wait, That quote sounds just like.....

HEY!!!, AV, might be from the land down under!!!

The Disney purchase of Fox Family has basically been a laughing matter in Hollywood from the day it was announced. From the huge debt, the huge cash payment and down to the deal with Pat Robertson – Eisner was taken like a country hayseed at a three card monty game at a New York subway stop.

By the way, also mentioned in Al’s article was the recent rehab of ‘It’s A Small World’ – they really did a tremendous job. I don’t think the interior has looked this good since 1967 and it really does remind you why people like this attraction. As for the reason why all these rehabs, the rumors say a certain individual has been leaning on some people tremendously hard. She really wants her father’s place looking nice and looking nice SOON!

LOL Scoop! I didn't know Miss Eisner cared so much...Maybe she can be the next CEO...Landbaron would be pleased! ;)
:smooth: :smooth: :bounce: :smooth: :smooth:

I thought this blurb interesting,
"You just said you're too small," the Forbes guy said, grabbing onto Murdoch's passing analysis about who might buy Disney. "Are you saying it's over for News Corp.?"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter