ALLDining plans and packages and adrs canceled, future 60 day adr window

Status
Not open for further replies.
September here also. Half have been canceled and half are still there. I imagine that they're just rolling the cancellations out a little at a time. I'm sure the rest will probably be gone tomorrow. I'm really hoping to get another one for BOG. That was the one my daughter was most looking forward to

Has Disney given a reason for this? I spent HOURS making these reservations for our October trip and they were wiped out.

Now my resort ADRs are cancelled Ohana, California Grill and Tiffins at AK.

But LeCellier and Hollywood Brown Derby are still there. Although the two still there are early PM reservations. The others were much later at night.

Has Disney given a reason for this? I spent HOURS making these reservations for our October trip and they were wiped out.

Capacity will be limited and not all restaurants may be open. Wiping the slate clean and reducing how far out you can book lets them better control capacity as fairly as possible (rather than randomly canceling only some reservations).

Haven't gotten an email at all...neither has the other emails in the parties going with us.

But Hoop De Doo reservations have been cancelled. Refund hasn't posted yet but in April it took a few days after cancellations/paid in advance stuff to be credited back.

Was wondering about that...my Hoop De Doo reservations were cancelled but no refund posted yet..UGH! We rescheduled our April trip to October and now feeling like maybe we might reschedule again for spring. We are a party of nine and like to have one nice sit down meal everyday. Worrying about our ability to do so with new reservation system.

September ADR disappeared this past weekend, but I just received a formal cancellation email with cancellation #...

Hello xxxxx,

As we plan for the reopening of our Disney Resort hotels and Theme Parks, we are keeping the wellbeing of our Guests and Cast in mind. To manage capacity and foster physical distancing during this unprecedented period, at reopen we will be changing - and suspending - some dining and other experience bookings.

As a result of limited capacity, we have made the difficult decision to cancel existing dining reservations and experience bookings.

We’re putting a great deal of thought into helping you return to the magic and appreciate your patience. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Your Cancellation Confirmation Number is 500xxxxxxxxx.

You will not be charged for any cancellation fee and all pre-paid reservations refunds will be processed within 7 days or sooner of your reservation date.

Please visit DisneyWorld.com for the most updated information.

Thank you for your understanding.“

We cancelled all air, and reservations, prior to our our APR 2021 DVC Res.

No Parks, no food, lots of confusion. A War Zone is not a vacation.

Capacity will be limited and not all restaurants may be open. Wiping the slate clean and reducing how far out you can book lets them better control capacity as fairly as possible (rather than randomly canceling only some reservations).

It seems too soon to cancel plans when they're unsure if there will be a change. Those of us who had reservations will not have priority.

It seems too soon to cancel plans when they're unsure if there will be a change. Those of us who had reservations will not have priority.
They ARE SURE there will be a change. As they stated, all restaurants may not be open, and capacity will be limited. Rather than them randomly cancelling some and leaving others intact,when they don't know yet the capacity and which restaurants will be open, They MUST cancel all and start from scratch when they can determine what restaurants they will allow reservations for, and what capacity. When it is safe, or perhaps before it is safe, they will increase capacity, and open more restaurants for reservations. Keep in mind, there will not be buffets or character meet & greets either. You may be mad or bitter about it, but that does not change it. If you still want to go, you have to start all over for dining reservations 60 days out at whatever restaurants are open and what they have. Be prepared to not get all you want, and many or the restaurants you want not being open or available. Or you can cancel, and go after a vaccine is developed, and long enough for WDW to be fully open. Some things may be gone, or changed permanently. Prepare yourself for it.

I specifically asked and I was told they are NOT sure there will be any changes for October.
Who did you ask and when? Why would you NOT believe what WDW itself put on their website? That will give you the most accurate and up-to-date info. And even that they change, so checking frequently keeps you most informed.
Or don't believe WDW website, and find out when you get there and report back. :groom:

Last edited:
My ADRs are gone all the way down the line including November ones. When they said all ADRs they werent kidding.

Today (Thursday). All my dining was cancelled off MDE. On my reservation. Room only still lists delux dining. I expect that to go next week sometimes. My 60 days is June 19. Think it will let us make reservations by that time. I’m more concerned on touring without FP

I really feel for everyone that lost the ADRs that they had worked to schedule. I will be interested to see how difficult ADRs are to get with limited capacity/potentially less full service restaurants open. Do you think the limited capacity in park attendance will match the percentage drop in available dining reservations?

I must say, I am happier with a 60-day window than 180 days.

I am sure people are right to identify this as a capacity issue for the restaurants in "social distancing" format. I understand hurt feelings amongst those who love to plan and like the dining plan, but....Visiting from the UK we go usually for 10 days to two weeks (unless a cruise is part of the vacation). Although I have got used to using the dining plan and booking ADRs six months out, I don't actually like it!! I happen to think that the dining plan has actually made the restaurants more crowded and rushed: good for Disney, for guests perhaps not so much. It is also a lot of food!! I remember back to the 1990s, when one could rock up at a resort and get good dining reservations during one's stay!! It was a much more relaxed experience back then? We are booked for October this year (family of six, three generations) and will go provided we are able to travel and get into the US! My one concession is to book a rental car and take the hated car parking charge on the chin. That way we can go off property and perhaps save a bit of money (?) on our dining. Denny's take away anyone??

I’m w you
i miss bus roulette, no adrs, spontaneity of the trips

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!