Alli and Cole's 08/13/2015 SBP Escape w/ F! DP - Updated 09/29 Professional Photos Up!!!

If you happen to check the DIS during our travels, have a most excellent flight and an AMAZING wedding!! I mentioned it on Sam's PTR but were arriving the 15th-22nd: if you want any more crashers during your honeymoon you let me know!!

Best wishes!!!

If you happen to check the DIS during our travels, have a most excellent flight and an AMAZING wedding!! I mentioned it on Sam's PTR but were arriving the 15th-22nd: if you want any more crashers during your honeymoon you let me know!!

Best wishes!!!

I love crashers! FB message me once you arrive and we'll set something up! I'll have a U.S. SIM card so access to data through our whole trip!

Everything looks fantastic!:tinker:

Thanks so much!

I going to do my absolute best to take pictures of any and all surprise gifts I haven't posted here yet to post in my report when I get back. We're sitting at our gate now waiting for our first flight today. I'm so excited!

After a fairly long day of traveling we got the The Boardwalk last night just after 615 or so. Unfortunately we were one of those people who had to wait FOREVER at the airport for ME. We got off the plane at 4:09 and our bags were already on the carousel when we got there we grabbed them and put them on a cart ($5 for a cart? They're free back home!) and trucked over to ME where we waited for a while. We were loaded on the bus and waited almost another 40 minutes for it to leave the airport. But I was just happy I had my dress in my lap instead of in my hand at that point - I have a big bruise on my palm from carrying the hangers all day (including in our sprint across the airport in Salt Lake where we arrived at gate b13 and had to head to gate d05 - they were already through all the pre-boarding and priority boarding by the time we got there!
Our room at BWI fulfilled my #1 request - a king bed! Wi got the email our room was ready while we were swapping our SIM cards out on the plane in Salt Lake!
A few pictures from our journey
image.jpg
Me all ready to set out proudly announcing the reason for our trip!
image.jpg
My luggage waiting to be loaded (yes sadly that's all mine and my jumbo matching bag is under my dress)
image.jpg
Our room at BWI with congratulatory balloon.
image.jpg
Glorious double sinks for the girl who never learned to share well with anyone other than her twin sister.
Then we headed on a journey to activate our APs and buy a our TiW card at the International Gateway. We got both accomplished then headed through Epcot to the monorail station - we were going on a quick tour... Three monorails later were were finally at the Polynesian (there was a mixup when cole didn't hear me say not to head for the MK monorail at the TTC - having never been there before he didn't know) and we had to tour to MK before getting on the resort monorail to Poly) then we were finally at our chosen destination - Trader Sam's! There was a minuscule wait to get in at about 8:10 but we decided to stay out on the Pineapple Lanai. We each had a drink and ordered some apps to share. My only picture for you...image.jpg
My half finished Spiky Pineapple (rum and Dole Whip - YES PLEASE!!!)
We headed back too our room afterwards as I had been visited by an unfortunate Aunt Flo during our travels and desperately needed supplies. (Tmi? Sorry)
While waiting for our bags to be brought up (the didn't have any bellman available to help with our bags when we arrived and I was too exhausted to carry anything anymore - plus we had more suitcase than we had hands) I finally checked out the balcony. It's teeny tiny but hey... It's there!
image.jpg
Only one of us is allowed to sit down at a time I guess.
Once I was all settled in to bed I remembered I had one last thing I had to do... Make up our timelines to drop at Garden Grove on Saturday (ie today)
image.jpg
Ta Da!!! About 30 seconds later they were all done and I pulled up Netflix on my laptop and headed for dreamland.... Side note omg your Netflix is still so much better than ours is :(

Look at you live updating! That's quite the impressive level of dedication, especially for this most important of trips! Glad you made it to WDW safely, and look at that king bed!!!

Yummy yummy Trader Sam's. I could go for one right now!

Enjoy Garden Grove today!

I've been lurking and following along, and just wanted to say congrats!! You're finally at WDW and getting married! Have fun and enjoy all of it. Can't wait for more updates.

Today we slept in and headed out around 9am to grab breakfast. Cole wondered aloud if it was really that quiet at the resort right now or if everyone was at the parks. I quickly told him not to worry... They were all at the parks. We took the long way around and caught the boat over to Hollywood Studios: my first ever ride at WDW was Tower of Terror and I REALLY wanted it to be Cole's too. We used our FP+ just after our window opened at 9:50 (and moved passed a family in front of us when a loaded elevator needed just two more people - score!) we then had almost an hour to kill until our FP+ for Toy Story opened so we headed to the Great Movie Ride. It was fun and for the first time in 11 trips I was hijacked by a cowboy instead of the gangster! I was so excited and had to explain to Cole why I kept shaking him in excitement during the ride. We then rode TSMM and at the moment of truth received our scores:
image.jpg
It was a tie!
Cole conceded that I won because of my VERY impressive 50% accuracy though.
We grabbed a couple of drinks then headed to our last FP+ Star Tours. After a visit to Hoth and Naboo we arrived with our Rebel Spy safe and sound. We wandered around a bit more (and I picked up my big souvenir for the trip - the brown leather sketch Dooney with AMAZING placement of all the graphics) then we headed back to our room for a nap still groggy from our long day the day before.
Right now we're about to leave for dinner at Flying Fish with @TinkLoverSam and her hubby, Arthur and my parents. See you real soon.

Last edited:
Today we slept in and headed out around 9am to grab breakfast. Cole wondered aloud if it was really that quiet at the resort right now or if everyone was at the parks. I quickly told him not to worry... They were all at the parks. We took the long way around and caught the boat over to Hollywood Studios: my first ever ride at WDW was Tower of Terror and I REALLY wanted it to be Cole's too. We used our FP+ just after our window opened at 9:50 (and moved passed a family in front of us when a loaded elevator needed just two more people - score!) we then had almost an hour to kill until our FP+ for Toy Story opened so we headed to the Great Movie Ride. It was fun and for the first time in 11 trips I was hijacked by a cowboy instead of the gangster! I was so excited and had to explain to Cole why I kept shaking him in excitement during the ride. We then rode TSMM and at the moment of truth received our scores:
View attachment 114477
It was a tie!
Cole conceded that I won because of my VERY impressive 50% accuracy thought.
We grabbed a couple of drinks then headed to our last FP+ Star Tours. After a visit to Hoth and Naboo we arrived with our Rebel Spy safe and sound. We wandered around a bit more (and I picked up my big souvenir for the trip - the brown leather sketch Dooney with AMAZING placement of all the graphics) then we headed back to our room for a nap still groggy from our long day the day before.
Right now we're about to leave for dinner at Flying Fish with @TinkLoverSam and her hubby, Arthur and my parents. See you real soon.

That's amazing! How in the heck did you get the exact same score? Wow!

Whoa, identical scores!! I've never seen that before!

Did Cole love ToT? It sounds like you had such a relaxing morning/day at Studios.

Yay for Dooneys!!! I wanted to replace mine on my last trip but they didn't have the print I liked in the size I liked (the blue and white one in a bigger tote bag).

YAY I'm so glad you're having a great time. I'm so sorry I had to bail on Friday! Work was insane. Keep me posted though, even if it's for after the wedding. Because it's SO CLOSE now!!!

Oh wow, where did the time go?! I feel like I blinked and now you're AT WDW and only days away from the wedding! And if the last few months seemed quick for you at all, this next few days will be lightning fast. I hope for your sake they aren't and you get to soak it all in but they say time flies when you're having fun and we all know what Disney Time is like. I hope you're having the most amazing time! I love that 9am is a 'sleep in' when you're on vacation but again - Disney time - it totally is. Now that I think of it, I don't think I've ever *seen* a resort food court at 9am, we've always rushed to the parks by then. You'll be grateful for the rest, you've got some more big days ahead.

I love that Cole got to follow you in ToT being his first ride at WDW, Jess & I did WDW together for our first times so I think she really enjoyed it when she finally got me to Disneyland and could show me around somewhere I've never been. Have a magical time, hopefully you get a chance to check back in before the big day but if you're anything like we were when I guests got to town it'll be a choice between the Dis and sleep so I'll totally understand if you've gotta pick back up later on!

Whoa, identical scores!! I've never seen that before!

Did Cole love ToT? It sounds like you had such a relaxing morning/day at Studios.

Yay for Dooneys!!! I wanted to replace mine on my last trip but they didn't have the print I liked in the size I liked (the blue and white one in a bigger tote bag).

Cole has been to Disneyland twice and had ridden their version of ToT but he was blown away by the 5th dimension aspect here in WDW. I can't wait to surprise him with it on the wedding day - I almost blew it on Friday while we were flying in but I think he's forgotten about it.

YAY I'm so glad you're having a great time. I'm so sorry I had to bail on Friday! Work was insane. Keep me posted though, even if it's for after the wedding. Because it's SO CLOSE now!!!

We will have to wait until after the wedding but we will definitely find the time to meet up!

Oh wow, where did the time go?! I feel like I blinked and now you're AT WDW and only days away from the wedding! And if the last few months seemed quick for you at all, this next few days will be lightning fast. I hope for your sake they aren't and you get to soak it all in but they say time flies when you're having fun and we all know what Disney Time is like. I hope you're having the most amazing time! I love that 9am is a 'sleep in' when you're on vacation but again - Disney time - it totally is. Now that I think of it, I don't think I've ever *seen* a resort food court at 9am, we've always rushed to the parks by then. You'll be grateful for the rest, you've got some more big days ahead.

I love that Cole got to follow you in ToT being his first ride at WDW, Jess & I did WDW together for our first times so I think she really enjoyed it when she finally got me to Disneyland and could show me around somewhere I've never been. Have a magical time, hopefully you get a chance to check back in before the big day but if you're anything like we were when I guests got to town it'll be a choice between the Dis and sleep so I'll totally understand if you've gotta pick back up later on!

It was definitely fun showing him around for the first time on friday and saturday. The last two days have been a bit more stressful playing tour guide to the rest of his family. I asked them a year ago to give me a list of their must do's and reminded them every 2-3 months I never did get even a single ride from anyone... Of course now every time they walk passed something they want to know if it's in the plan... Oh well. I hope I'm doing a good job playing tour guide and one surly 22 year old brother won't keep me down for long.

3 days...3 days!!! sO exciting!!! :)
Sounds like you are having a wonderful time down there!

Have a wonderful wedding day! It's so close! Can't wait to see pictures.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter