Alli and Cole's 08/13/2015 SBP Escape w/ F! DP - Updated 09/29 Professional Photos Up!!!

200.gif

200.gif

I hope your day is magical!!:bride::groom:

I can't wait to hear all about it.

Soooo... The bridal salon never packed up my veil with my dress so here it is my wedding day and I've just discovered it. Now the poor girl steaming my dress is so worried about my veil and I'm pissed and the salon in Calgary doesn't open for another 100 minutes so I can't scream at them yet.

It's not like it wasn't already delayed 3 months, you'd think they'd at least manage to send it home with me!

Soooo... The bridal salon never packed up my veil with my dress so here it is my wedding day and I've just discovered it. Now the poor girl steaming my dress is so worried about my veil and I'm pissed and the salon in Calgary doesn't open for another 100 minutes so I can't scream at them yet.

It's not like it wasn't already delayed 3 months, you'd think they'd at least manage to send it home with me!

They didn't send the veil??? Oh boy, I hope they're ready for the verbal beating they're going to get from you.

HAPPY WEDDING DAY!!!!!

Oh I'm soooooooo glad I'm not the person taking the calls at THAT salon.

If I was there I'd keep your glass full of mimosa's. Or whatever floats your boat LOL

That sneak peek is radiant!!! Regina is amazing! I can't wait to see more. Hope you're having the best honeymoon, I've loved seeing where you all are!

I've been falling down on the job of updating... I started a post in the airport in Minneapolis but since we've been home I've worked two twelve hour shifts and played about 24 hours of Disney Infinity 3.0 plus going through some of our MM pictures (waiting to download them until the weekend of the 18th when I'll be at my parents place and can download them to their computer too plus I want them to be able to make some edits if they want) hanging out with Sam and Arthur and going on a date night with Cole when he was unexpectedly switched to a day shift yesterday and we had a cheque from OpenTable burning a hole in our pockets for a month before the wedding. Then we saw Southpaw in the theater (excellent movie, horrible couple behind us sat down RIGHT as the movie started and never stopped talking and kicking my seat... Grrr) now I work 5 12s in a row and then hopefully will have some updates to post and insert pictures in later.

Thursday, August 6th / Friday, August 7th

Okay I know I already gave a brief account of our arrival day but for my TR I’m going to step back and talk about the day before that because it’s basically one really freaking long day…

I finished work at 6am on Thursday and went home to get a nap in. I had a wax appointment at 1pm so I was up again at 12 and ran out the door. After my wax I headed to my sister’s place to pick her up so we could go for mani/pedis together. Once we sorted out whether Arthur was coming with us or not (he stayed home with dad and finished his nap) we headed out to our nail appointment. I was still completely up in the air over what I wanted my nails to be and had sent Sam probably 30 pictures the night before. In the end I decided on a modified French manicure and at the suggestion of the salon owner ended up doing tips as my nails were long but a little weak from recent abuse on my part. Sam also decided on a modified French manicure but insisted on only getting shellac as she’d almost passed out from the fumes the last time she had pink and white gels done. We sat together and got our pedicures – both of which ended up being slightly off colour-wise mine turned out grey instead of navy and Sam’s was way pinker than the magenta-esk colour we expected. We then sat down for our manicures – again right next to each other. Sam finished much quicker than me because hers were much simpler and required a lot less time to cure but in the end we both loved our nails.

image.jpg
My nails
image.jpg
Sam's nails

I dropped Sam off at her place and ran around my house like a mad person re-packing my suitcase from the day before into two suitcases to prevent being overweight. At about 8 or so I decided to try and nap and got another couple short hours of cat naps in. My alarm went off at 1am and I got up and straight into the shower. I had separated out all the products that I was going to pack and had a little pile of the stuff I had to use before I packed it… Unfortunately my hairbrushes did NOT end up in that pile and therefore stayed in Calgary for the duration. I knew it before we even landed in Orlando but it was too late to do anything about it. My sister had already gone over to my place to pick up a present (ironically for her) that hadn’t shipped in time and to pick up the outfit I’d ordered for Arthur at the last minute. At just after 3am Cole’s friend Ed arrived at our place while we were packing everything into Cole’s Jeep.

image.jpg
Custom t-shirt all set to go
image.jpg
Just my luggage!

We took the Jeep to the airport and Ed drove it home for us – he also stayed at our place on and off while we were gone to look after it (and probably to escape his 3 roommates too) I’d checked us in for our flight as soon as I got home from work Thursday so when we got to the airport all we had to do was print our boarding passes and check our bags in. We also found out we got to check them all the way through since we cleared customs in Calgary (Double yay since we had more suitcases than we had hands with me carrying my dress). We had a 43 minute layover in Salt Lake City on the way down. We got off the plane as quickly as we could when we arrived (which resulted in me getting a huge bruise on my thigh when I had to choose between getting up and into the aisle RIGHT THEN even though my leg was stuck under the armrest or let the really impatient guy behind me go before me and have everyone else on the plane follow him. Once we were off we were waiting in the gangway for our gate checked bag with a huge crowd of people. I told Cole I was going to go ahead to our next gate to see if they’d let me pre-board with my dress (the first flight didn’t – I jammed it into the TINY captain’s closet) halfway down this huge long hallway I saw a bin of bags pulled up to the side and I could see our gate checked roller in it and a couple people pulling their bags out. I didn’t have enough hands to get the bag by myself and didn’t want to leave Cole waiting for no reason so I backtracked up to the top of the gangway and told everyone standing there (since I couldn’t get through to Cole at the back of the crowd) that the gate checked bags we up ahead… Everyone stared at me. I said it a second time. Everyone looked at me blankly except Cole who started to try to cut through the crowd but wasn’t making any headway. All the bags are up ahead. I swear I’m not lying” I tried again. Now it was a mass exodus of everyone rushing to get their bags and Cole and I were literally the second to last people to get our suitcase off the cart. After pausing to try and help a mom travelling solo with two kids under 3 unfold her stroller we rushed to find our next gate. By the time we made it 2 concourses over they were finishing up the pre-boarding of our flight and I was told that I could board with my group and ask the flight attendants about putting my dress in the closet. So that’s what we did. I was able to squeeze my dress into a slightly larger closet than the first one and then we found our seats. Once we were seated we both swapped out the SIM cards in our Iphones for the US ones I’d ordered for us from Telaway. They worked awesome our whole trip, all we had to do was forward our phones to a local Canadian number provided by Telaway then if anyone in Canada wanted/needed to call us they just called our normal cell numbers. If anyone in the US needed to get hold of us they could call an American number. They came with unlimited calls and text and most importantly DATA! I used my phone like crazy and when I got home had absolutely no extra charges, it was awesome! When we landed in Orlando we went straight to baggage claim and our suitcases were already coming out. We followed the signs to Magical Express and I finally got to put my dress down and run to the washroom!!! We checked in and we sent to wait for our bus. And wait. And wait. And wait! We waited almost 45 minutes to board the bus and once we were finally onboard we waited another 25 minutes or so to get closer to a full load. We then set out to Beach Club, then the Yacht Club and finally the Boardwalk!

image.jpg
Does everyone else HAVE TO take this picture too?

We disembarked and gathered our luggage from under the bus and struggled to get all our bags into the hotel. We passed three Valet/Bellmen who were chatting on the driveway and never offered to help which at the end of the LONG day made me really angry. We finally managed to drag all our bags to the check in line and got ourselves checked in and picked up the first in what would be an extensive collection of magic bands. We tried to get Bell services to help with our bags at that point but the Bell Captain said he didn’t have any bell men available right then. He offered to hold our bags but we’d have to call down for them later as they couldn’t just bring them up. Tired and with a big bruise forming on the palm of my hand from the hangers of my dress we agreed to drop our bags off there and after a short debate I left my dress with him to as he promised to hang it up. Cole took his bag up as the custom shirt I’d had made for him was apparently bugging him.

We went up to our room and Cole changed his shirt and I took a couple of quick room pictures and we were on our way back out.

image.jpg
Our room with the all important King bed and a nice surprise from the hotel.
image.jpg
Vanity area with double sinks!!!
image.jpg
Picture of our minuscule balcony I forgot to take until we came back to the room that night.

By this time it was after 6:30pm we went to the International Gateway at Epcot and activated our annual passes at the ticket booth, then moved over to the Guest Relations booth and purchased our Tables in Wonderland card (oh how I miss that card!) we then walked through Epcot and I pointed out a couple of the key areas to Cole as we rushed to the front gate and boarded a Monorail already waiting at the platform. We chatted with a couple of people along the way who asked about my shirt. At the TTC I made my first mistake as the HUGE crowd from the Epcot monorail surged to board the MK monorail I was behind Cole and we couldn’t hear me when I realized it was the wrong monorail and wouldn’t take us to our intended destination – Trader Sam’s at the Poly and some much needed sustenance and booze! So we boarded the MK monorail and rode over to MK then disembarked and went around and got in line for the resort monorail and took it most of the way around to the Poly. I followed some kind of 6th sense that led me right to the door of Trader Sam’s and we went in and asked about getting in. There was a short wait and we were given a pager. We went around the outside to the Pineapple Lanai and sat down and ordered drinks.

image.jpg
My Spiky Pineapple when I finally remembered to take a picture (and Instagram it of course!)

Just after we ordered some apps – after being seated for maybe 5 minutes – we were paged. We looked at each other and decided we’d rather just stay outside. There was a nice breeze and it was 8:20ish by this point and cooling off a little. I took our buzzer back and tried to get a couple just inquiring about a table in but they didn’t have their IDs on them so they couldn’t get in. I went back outside and we enjoyed our drinks and the appetizers and then exhausted we headed back for the monorail. We took it over to MK then took the bus from MK back to Boardwalk and called for our luggage. I confirmed I didn’t have a hairbrush and texted my sister to have her add it – and a couple other things – to the list she had for their Walmart run on Sunday. At that point we basically collapsed in to bed and then I remembered we had to make up our timeline scrolls to drop off the next day! Thankfully everything was in my carryon and it took less than five minutes.

image.jpg
All the scrolls done! I got lots of compliments on something that was pretty simple.

And then we FINALLY passed out with the alarm set for the delightfully late time of 8am.

Last edited:
Regina finished my pictures!!! My disc is on the way but my album is online now. The link is here the password is "Love" I haven't had a chance to really study them yet but man am I in love!!! I can't wait for my in park shoots. I've had a lot going on this week and next week and hopefully I'll have some really good news to share soon but I promise to get another update out this week.

Regina finished my pictures!!! My disc is on the way but my album is online now. The link is here the password is "Love" I haven't had a chance to really study them yet but man am I in love!!! I can't wait for my in park shoots. I've had a lot going on this week and next week and hopefully I'll have some really good news to share soon but I promise to get another update out this week.

Only made it through a few of them so far, but oh man, gorgeous!!!

Your photos are gorgeous! I love your dresses, your colors (the pops of pink are awesome!), the locations... you look so happy :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!