Alone with two kids... 3 and 15 months!

Laurabearz

I cant load my bobbin!
Okay.... Here's the deal. We got invited to go to WDW this Saturday for 6 days.... Free room, super cheap airfare. BUT My husband cant go.... so it would be me and our two girls age 2 11/12's and 16 months old.
We would be going with another couple and their 13 month old son. They are Disney with kids novices.... we have one trip under our belt. And for that trip I did everything with the girls anyways.... LOL

BUT I was looking for some tips on how to pack lightly for our days at the parks.... I will be lugging it all, when my husband is there I PACK the back pack.....:D I plan on bringing THE BEAST, our double stroller and a Hip Hammock (sling type thing) just in case. And a back pack....

What are some things you always bring with littleones..... Thanks!

Congrats on your trip! The weather is excellent!

I have no experince with bring a 3 month old, but I would think an infant would be very portable. During our last trip, dd was 7 years old and ds was 15 months old, so I can help you out with your older cutey!

We brought his crib sheets and blanket for security. We washed them a couple days before we left and brought them to WDW with the scent of home on them. I think that helped. His eating habits were a lot better than I anticipated, he ate lots of free meals at buffets. He like Cheerios as a snack, so I lots of them on hand. As far as packing ~ you might not need all the diapers you would probably use at home. I found that I changed his diaper less frequently and he was fine. Napping was a pleasant surprise too! My little love never napped in his stroller at home, but he had great stroller naps in WDW everyday! He sleep about 2-3 hours less a day in WDW than at home, but he was great! You are going to have a great time! Sandra.

I have never taken my 2 kids to WDW at that age, but I have schelped them both (solo) to Silver Dollar City (Branson, MO) numerous times when the youngest was an infant. (her first trip was at 2 weeks). It really wasn't bad, I just let the youngest set the pace and took lots of breaks. It helped that she was nursing, so the only "extras" I needed were diapers/wipes. A frontpack really helped with the baby, a change of pace from the stroller.

If you're staying on site, it's a must to go back at noon and nap. You also have to carry less, if you're only packing for 6 hours not all day. I took my DD at 2 1/12 yr. to WDW, the naps were a lifesaver. We were the only ones out of our group of 8 that were not whining about how tired we were at the end of the day!!

Have a great time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter