Alright, You've Convinced Me to try "Touring Plans!"

I signed up today with two different dates for BoG and nothing so far.

The crazy thing is I have a reservation for 1 on my preferred date but even though I could get another one for 1 about 30 minutes later the system wouldn't allow it.

You have to make the first ADR for someone else. Then you will be able to make a second ADR for yourself, even though you have one already for that time slot.

We have a large party, sometimes I have to split us up. We have 2 ADR's for Mama Melrose at the exact same time. I booked the first one with my husband as the lead, then went in and made the second one with myself as the lead on that one. You have no issues booking this way.

The suggestion to use the Touring Plan Reservation Finder to secure hard to get restaurants was the best advice I have gotten in recent memory. I can not thank this board enough. After weeks of trying on my own to get BOG lunch and 'Ohana dinner, Touring Plans snagged both at my preferred times in under 24 hours! The text alert feature is amazing. SO thank you!!!

Has anyone successfully joined the basic Touring Plans recently?

I did yesterday. I couldn't figure out how to join as a basic memeber on their site so I googled Touring Plans Basic Account, and that gave me a link to sign up for the free account. BTW, you can only set 2 searches in a basic account.

I've heard good things, so hopefully it works out for you! My DH and I are also going on our honeymoon "trip to end all trips" this year in December. We've been married 3 years now but never got to take a real honeymoon when we first got married. 13 days at WDW followed by a 3 Day Disney Cruise to the Bahamas and Castaway Cay. I can't wait! You will have a blast. Happy Birthday to both of you and Happy Honeymooning!

I signed up a few days back, figured it couldn't hurt to try it as well. So far nothing but I am looking for BOG dinner in late November so that could be why nothing has popped up yet.

I signed up a few days back, figured it couldn't hurt to try it as well. So far nothing but I am looking for BOG dinner in late November so that could be why nothing has popped up yet.

I signed up as well and have received nothing either. But I did sign up for BOG and CRT for early Dec so I figure it could take a while.

Would anyone mind explaining how this works to me? I am 180 days out and can't get BOG. What is "touring plans"?

From my understanding, they scan for open reservations and send you either a text or an email, which ever you decided on, whenever something pops up in the specifications you listed. They don't actually book anything for you, that's on your end so if you do miss out, make sure you go back and reactivate the search. Touring Plans is a website that offers this service, you do need to make an account but it is free. You will see the option for the paid account which is $15 a year but you can click on the link for the basic free account.

I believe I got everything right lol

I signed up and after two days I got a reservation at CRT for Dec 8th. I also received a text for CRT on Dec 9th.
Touring plans is awesome!

I'm really hoping this eventually works out! Been hoping for about two months for BOG dinner, and I missed one alert. Made it in time for the second, but when I clicked the link in the Touring Plans e-mail, it... took me to a reservation for California Grill, which was very strange. At least I don't go until September?

I've been signed up for a week, so far no alerts. Hoping for BoG dinner and Bon Voyage Breakfast in late November.

I agree with everyone here. I set up the reservation finder last weekend and already have reservations at BOG and CRT for early November. Not my ideal times, but i am very confident that I will get them.

Has anyone had luck with touring plans for larger parties? We have a group of 6 and are looking for several reservations the week after Thanksgiving. I know there are still some out there being held back because of currently unreleased CP and ROL dining packages. So I haven't given up hope! I've signed up for touring plans for the Bon Voyage breakfast and a BOG lunch (open to several days) but haven't gotten any notifications yet. Still over 5 months out. Plenty of time! Just wondering though, for those of you getting hits on the reservation finder, if you are smaller parties of 2-4 which seem to be easier to snag.

Thanks for the advice, was a member years ago, just signed up again. Fingers crossed :flower3:

if you have not ever used TP reservation finder to help you with those tough ADR's. You needn't to try it. I had friends doing a last minute trip and got a CRT for them and today got the email with my 8:00 am BoG reservation for November! So easy!!

Do you have to sign up for touring plans in order for the reservation finder to work? Is it free? Trying to get ohana for my family in late september and I've been checking daily with no luck :(
It's tough to find the free sign up. I kept looking and didn't see it until the 3rd or 4th time I went on their site. Look to the right of where the paid membership sign up is and there's a 2 or 3 word hyper link that says "basic account" or "free basic account".

I signed up for it and got BOG reservations thanks to them! But then MNSSHP came out with their dining so we decided to cancel it and to dinner at BOG during the party instead.

Still, they came through!

Hanging in there and depending on tp to help me get my crt breakfast and bog dinner for November. I know those two are tough ones. So far I've missed a few alerts for the bog but haven't gotten any yet for crt. I'm sure for crt people tend to cancel last minute.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter