Alternatives to Gatwick Express

Obi Wan Kenobi

DIS Veteran
This is probably known for regular users to get from London to Gatwick, but there are alternatives that are cheaper.

Article in Head for points shows Thameslink and southern railways shows using an Oyster card makes cost £8.10 instead of Gatwick express at £19.90 one way

Interesting, that if you go Gatwick express first class at £61.40 return also has lounge no1 access thrown in

headforpoints/2019/0...-express-2019/

Are you sure you can use Oyster? South Corydon is actually the boundary of normal train use. It might be being used at an inflated out of London pricing.

I used National Express Bus from Victoria bus station when there was engineering works on the train line. The bus takes 1 hour 50 minutes and costs £10 one way.

I just checked on Trainline

On Thameslink from Blackfriars station the Super Off Peak Single ticket to Gatwick Airport is £9.70. That is showing ONLY for the Blackfriars departures to Gatwick

Indeed I’ve just looked it up and it has been extended to cover Gatwick. What ai read is for Gatwick Express nearly always cheaper to buy online in advance, but for a southern or Thameslink sometimes cheaper in advance and sometimes cheaper with Oyster.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!