Am I cutting it too close?

kiramay

DIS Veteran
Trying to plan my FPs and days.
So far HS has a 9 am opening on 11/30. If we RD smugglers run will we make it to Oga’s Cantina by 10:10?

My other option is 2:25 pm, but I have Sci Fi at 1:05 so that’s tight too if Sci Fi is running behind.

So hard to plan in your specific circumstances with potential park opening changes for your date. Or maybe not.

Let’s just say it does stay at a 9am regular opening, so hard to say what that rope drop experience will be like since we have no real world experience to draw from.

I am going to guess we see either more EMHs or pre 9am openings so I’m going to go out on a limb and say stick to your rope drop plans.

But personally I’d wait to see park hour changes for November before deciding, and then adjust as needed based on your preferences.

Not much help, I know!

I would probably go with the 10:10 Oga’s and try to do MF after if park hours do not change.

I have absolutely no idea, but we're debating the same for 11/5. Way back when I got our 10 am Oga's reservation, everyone thought it was likely that EEMH or early regular openings would continue at HS after 11/2. But now that's not looking as likely for our dates. Who knows what rope drop will be like for MFSR after EEMH ends. We scheduled our 3 FPs for 10, 11, and 12, and the one at 12 is a tier 2 we don't really want. Depending on what happens with wait times on 11/3 and 11/4, we'll plan on one of these 2 options. We have to leave at 1 to fly home. If I had a full day and wait times post-EEMH end up similar to now, I'd do MF:SR later in the day, sometime after lunch.

Option 1
Get to the park very early, at least an hour before opening and maybe closer to 2 hours.
RD MF:SR as soon as they'll let us in. If the line is longer than expected, use the single rider line.
10:00 Oga's
FP1 10:50
FP2 11:15-ish
Try to move FP3 up so we can tap in. If successful, try for a ToT same day FP. If not, get in the standby line,
ToT
Leave the park at 1 pm :(

Option 2
Get to the park moderately early, 45 minutes to an hour before opening
RD ToT
10:00 Oga's
FP1 10:50
FP2 11:15-ish
Get in the SB line for MF:SR. If the predicted wait time is longer than 60 minutes, use the single rider line.
Leave the park at 1 pm :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts