Am I the only one annoyed with the "parties?"

Chloe'sMom

I'm wonderful in my imperfection!
I understand why they do it at October and the Holidays but seriously - the pirate and princess party it is annoying. DH and I have one night to go to MK w/o our "princess" which allows us to do some of the big kid rides and it is of course on an night of the Pirate and Princess party. Which I feel is a rip off for the amount of extra money you pay to go . I'm sorry - but that is the way I feel. So now instead of being able to get in my BTMRR and Splash - we'll be headed to AK and The Studios.

~Amanda

Why do you only have one night? Have you considered JUST buying the "party" ticket and going into the park at 4pm instead of spending the full day admission?

Unfortunatly, or fortunatly depending on your viewpoint, Disney has found yet another huge money maker. These special, hard ticketed events are very popular, so in turn make a ton of money for Disney. Are they worth it? Well, I've been to MNSSHP (once), MVMCP (4-5 times) and the Pirate/Princess Party just once. I love the holiday ones. The PPP was okay...it was a good way to spend a bit more time in the MK at a time of year when it normally closes early.
So....it's all about choices. You may find it to be upsetting that there is a PPP on the only night you can fit MK into your schedule, but someone else may be distressed that there is no PPP when they want to go to one. No one is going to be completely happy. Perhaps you can work your schedule around a bit to fit in a different night at MK.

Then don't go to them. :confused3

I'm not. No - I will not pay for extra admission when I already pay for an annual pass. And I only have one night - because we only have a baby-sitter for one night, and that is the night it works best on. I would prefer to go to MK but that won't work.

~Amanda

Unfortunatly, or fortunatly depending on your viewpoint, Disney has found yet another huge money maker. These special, hard ticketed events are very popular, so in turn make a ton of money for Disney. Are they worth it? Well, I've been to MNSSHP (once), MVMCP (4-5 times) and the Pirate/Princess Party just once. I love the holiday ones. The PPP was okay...it was a good way to spend a bit more time in the MK at a time of year when it normally closes early.
So....it's all about choices. You may find it to be upsetting that there is a PPP on the only night you can fit MK into your schedule, but someone else may be distressed that there is no PPP when they want to go to one. No one is going to be completely happy. Perhaps you can work your schedule around a bit to fit in a different night at MK.

I hear ya - and believe me I understand the business sense behind it. It just bugs me because seriously - just open the park, save the money on the parade and the "special" fireworks.

~Amanda

I haven't been to any of the PPPs but I did get to watch and hear the PPP firework show from GF's Narcoosees balcony one night and I think it might be my absolute favorite Disney fireworks show ever. I'd love to go to one but I agree that the party is overpriced especially if you don't have a young child with you. I think you should either find a way to change the night that you can go to MK without your daughter or else buy tickets to the party and let her enjoy it. The number of people in the park ARE significantly smaller than normal so you guys could probably ride the "grown up" rides and take turns with your daughter fairly easily. I know it isn't the best solution but :shrug:

I'm annoyed right along with you. In a few years, the MK will only be open at night if you pay extra. We, too, have AP's and just refuse to hand over MORE money to the Disney greed. We were there the last week of Jan and the MK was closed for 3 nights for the parties. Two of those were Saturday nights! We have been to MNSSHP and MVMCP and that was fine. These other parties are very overpriced if you already have tickets. I have let Disney know how I feel about it, but I'm sure the effort was wasted. Too many people are willing to hand over the money. MK is not open that late during Jan, so it did not matter that much. I'll be back in May and have to go through the same thing again. This time, I WILL be losing time at the MK at night. We love the MK at night and love seeing Wishes. What really bothers me is the Disney greed. Can you tell I am annoyed??? :rotfl:

I've moved this on to the ThemeParks Community Board.

Now.. personally.. some months are thicker with these Mickey Pirate & Princess parties than others .. but I think they average something like six a month? March only has four. That's not an insane amount..

BUT.. if does kinda suck if they land just so on the calendar to mess up your trip! Frustrating I'm sure.

Knox

Now.. personally.. some months are thicker with these Mickey Pirate & Princess parties than others .. but I think they average something like six a month? March only has four. That's not an insane amount..

Wow. That's actually a very common sense way of looking at it. No wonder they made you a moderator. ;)

I can understand a few parties. But the number of nights that are devoted to parties is ridiculous.

Personally I think the P&P is nothing more then a "money grab" And yes, I think it's ripping off folks who go to Disney and pay for normal tickets. Plus it's not "special" anymore. .... Used to be the parties were "special" now it's Today's Monday "let's have a party" BIG DEAL!

Luckily for me, I spend very little time at MK, but I will not be spending any money on the P&P party! I am not a fan of the MNSSHP either, but at least it's a real holiday folks party for. I mean does your neighborhood have ""Priate and Princess Day"??? What's next the "Earnings are down party?":rotfl:

I'm confused. isn't the P&PP party held after park closing? If it isn't, how does Disney keep people who have already paid admission to the park from going on the rides?

Sorry, It isn't held when we are going so I haven't researched it at all. I can imagine it must be frustrating for a lot of people.

Does sound like a great business ploy...get all these folks to hand over $100s more just to spend a few more hours at MK. There was another thread, where the OP said that they felt like they were being booted out to make room for the party. Now some may be fortunate enough to afford all these extras, but for us I'd rather spend the extra $$ for more days at WDW!

There are 2 P&PPs scheduled for the 6 nights we will be there in mid May, which makes it that much harder to schedule our week. MK is our fave park as well, and I am bummed that we won't be able to spend those 2 evenings there, will just have to go to another park (Epcot or DHS since AK closes so early).

I choose to think of it this way: some people really do enjoy these parties, and I'm happy for them...for the rest of us, we just have to plan around the parties...at least we know it way in advance.

I'm confused. isn't the P&PP party held after park closing? If it isn't, how does Disney keep people who have already paid admission to the park from going on the rides?

Sorry, It isn't held when we are going so I haven't researched it at all. I can imagine it must be frustrating for a lot of people.

Yes, but now the park closes at 5 or 6 to let the "party" start. Whereas before the park would be open till 9 or later on those nights.... If there are enough folks for a party they would have had hours longer the 6 PM! So effectively Disney REDUCED the avaialble hours for MK unless you pay extra on party nights!

I don't go to the parties but I'm not annoyed by them...honestly I almost like them in a way. The last two times I went to MK they had the PPP and during the day I didn't think it was that busy at all, walked right on Space Mountain two times in a row. I think a lot of people went to other parks because of the party. :)

Yes and no. The park officially closes at 7PM for the party, but they don't physically close it down. When you present your ticket for the party, a CM places a wristband on you. Beginning at 7PM, people not wearing wristbands are no longer allowed to enter attractions, shops or restaurants. They're directed by CMs towards the exits, where they must either buy a party ticket (and get a wristband) or leave the park entirely.

Yes, but now the park closes at 5 or 6 to let the "party" start. Whereas before the park would be open till 9 or later on those nights.... If there are enough folks for a party they would have had hours longer the 6 PM! So effectively Disney REDUCED the avaialble hours for MK unless you pay extra on party nights!

It's open until seven during the parties... and it's not like they are taking hours away from you or trying to cheat anyone. Everyone that buys a ticket knows that it's only open until seven and if they decide to go it is their choice.

On party nights, MK is open until 7pm for non-party guests. At this time of year, the MK normally closes at 7pm. Park hours are extended for the parties. So, even without the parties, you would not be able to stay later unless you visit at a different time of year.

Personally, I love the P&PP. I think the fireworks are better than Wishes. I also love Hallowishes. I love watching all the folks in costume. Each to their own.

What's next the "Earnings are down party?":rotfl:

Clearly you've seen the WDW Master Plan document for the next four years. :goodvibes

Actually, some might argue that's exactly what the P&PP was meant for..

Disney Board Meeting said:
ARRRR-nings are down matey.. let's throw a p-AARRRR-teee.. and invite me some princesses.. ARRRRRR-iel and ARRRRR-urora....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!