Am I the only one annoyed with the "parties?"

I find it annoying, too. As Pete said on the DisUnplugged Podcast, paraphrasing: "Leave it to Disney to figure out how to sell two admission tickets for one day." :rolleyes:

I know this is going to come out harsher than I mean it to, but y'all have an annual pass, correct? But there's a conflict w/ when you can get a babysitter? Then I guess MK just isn't in the cards for that night. Sounds like y'all are somewhat local (more local than me in TX :) ) -- just shrug, grin and bare it.

Try again another week, month, whatever. And if it's like with us, where you go once in two or three years, forego the annual pass.

Having said that it is a bloody rip off. But I'm going to one anyways so I know there will be one night time at least when we go that the lines will be negotiable for my fam.

Chloe's Mom,

I hear ya!

We went to MVMCP (party of 4 adults, 2 children) in Nov., paid dearly for the extra admissions, and IT RAINED!!!:sad1:

I will not pay for anything above our AP again.:sad2:

We will be back the first week in April. I have decided on the nights that MK closes early, we will be enjoying the ammenities at our resort more. Maybe that will be a good thing. We will arrive at the parks in the morning much more rested than we would be if we stayed up late!:)

TC:cool1:

I guess I just don't get it.

If the park would otherwise close at 7, and you get to stay until 7, how are you being cheated?

For some days in later March, April and again in May .. the parks are open later than 7pm generally.. but they close at 7pm on those MP&P Party nights..

So.. in theory at least.. if you go to MK as a day guest that day.. you're not getting the 'full day'.

For the February and early March dates.. the parks generally close earlier .. 7pm or 8pm.

On the other hand.. if you think about paying 45$ and getting access to the park from 4pm to midnight.. AND all the special activities... you could argue the opposite.. that's an incredible value.

I don't have an opinion really on the "parties" because I've never been. However, I completely disagree with how many there are scheduled when other "special events" are going on, especially for a relatively srowded time of year. For example we are arriving on 4/19 and staying until 4/30. Yes we are lucky enough to be there for 11 days BUT the Magic Kingdom will be closing early on 5 of those nights:scared1:

4/19 Grad Night
4/23 P&PP
4/25 Grad Night
4/26 Grad Night
4/29 P&PP

I am sorry but that is a little much! It took some serious hard core planning to fit MK into our schedule, especially for the nighttime parades and Wishes.:sad2:

If it makes you feel better ... I REALLY wanted to go to the P&PP last night, but we couldn't get an RV site for Fort Wilderness ... at all. My parents own the RV, so all it was going to cost me out of pocket was the price of the ticket. Now that was annoying. I'm sitting at home while they're at Disney b/c I didn't want to take the weekend off .. but I would have gone up for the day to spend the evening at the party with incredibly fewer people, great fireworks and cooler weather.

I can see how it would be a little on the aggravating side if it was the only night you could to MK w/o the kids ... but maybe take advantage of the kid swap. Is it the same, no ... but it works and it's fun and you get to ride the "big kid" rides.

I am sorry but that is a little much! It took some serious hard core planning to fit MK into our schedule, especially for the nighttime parades and Wishes.:sad2:

I'm not saying you may not have a valid complaint, but just to play devil's advocate:

Out of the other six nights you'll be there, MK is open until 11pm on five of them, and until 10pm on the remaining one. You don't say if you're staying on property, but if you are, MK will be open for evening EMH until 2am on the 20th and the 27th. And it will open at 8am for morning EMH on the 24th. That sure is a lot of time available to spend in MK. Is it really that inconvenient to visit MK on those days and visit the other three parks on the days it closes early?

For those of you that don't go to any of the parties, do you use Park Hopper tickets to just go to a different park before these parties start?

Also... another question.

I am going in Nov. and want to go to a MVMCP. I am getting 10 day MMY tickets w/ PH and WPF & More option. Should I change this to 9 day tickets w/ PH and WPF & More option. If I am going to pay extra for a ticket to MVMCP, then do I need a regular park ticket that day?

I am going in Nov. and want to go to a MVMCP. I am getting 10 day MMY tickets w/ PH and WPF & More option. Should I change this to 9 day tickets w/ PH and WPF & More option. If I am going to pay extra for a ticket to MVMCP, then do I need a regular park ticket that day?

You don't really need a regular ticket for the day. You will be allowed to enter MK with just your MVMCP ticket beginning at 4PM. Many people choose to spend the morning of the party relaxing at their resort, shopping, or doing other activities outside of the parks. It's up to you if you'd rather buy that extra 10th day and visit a park in the morning. It's only about $2 more than a 9 day ticket. :)

I'm not saying you may not have a valid complaint, but just to play devil's advocate:

Out of the other six nights you'll be there, MK is open until 11pm on five of them, and until 10pm on the remaining one. You don't say if you're staying on property, but if you are, MK will be open for evening EMH until 2am on the 20th and the 27th. And it will open at 8am for morning EMH on the 24th. That sure is a lot of time available to spend in MK. Is it really that inconvenient to visit MK on those days and visit the other three parks on the days it closes early?

OK so all of you claiming the "park would close at 7 anyway" WHY do you claim that? Look at this schedule. In other words there are enough folks there to have the parks open until LATE at on other nights during the same week as a "Party" So on the one day that there is a Party your available hours at MK are reduced by between 3 and 4 unless you want to pay extra for a few Princesses in costume.. Hmmmm.....

(I am back to the "Earnings are Down Party" LOL!)

It really doesn't impact me. I can't actually tell you the last time I went to MK, but I think it was December 2006 and it was for MVMCP which I think is an "event" not a "money grab". (And I have been to Disney numerous times since then. I am not local just crazy!:banana: )

Yes, but now the park closes at 5 or 6 to let the "party" start. Whereas before the park would be open till 9 or later on those nights.... If there are enough folks for a party they would have had hours longer the 6 PM! So effectively Disney REDUCED the avaialble hours for MK unless you pay extra on party nights!

Yep there are 2 parties booked during our stay in April and since we are only going for 5 nights that limits things a bit.

~Amanda

I know this is going to come out harsher than I mean it to, but y'all have an annual pass, correct? But there's a conflict w/ when you can get a babysitter? Then I guess MK just isn't in the cards for that night. Sounds like y'all are somewhat local (more local than me in TX :) ) -- just shrug, grin and bare it.

Try again another week, month, whatever. And if it's like with us, where you go once in two or three years, forego the annual pass.

Having said that it is a bloody rip off. But I'm going to one anyways so I know there will be one night time at least when we go that the lines will be negotiable for my fam.

Um - no. I'm in St. Louis - some friends of ours from Penn are meeting us down there. But they have their own vacation plans and we have ours. We buy annual passes because we are DVC owners - and we are going this specific week because my husband turns 30.

~Amanda

Um - no. I'm in St. Louis - some friends of ours from Penn are meeting us down there. But they have their own vacation plans and we have ours. We buy annual passes because we are DVC owners - and we are going this specific week because my husband turns 30.

~Amanda

Oh, hey--my brothers and step dad are in St Louis (Maryland Heights). Wasn't there a recent day where it was in the 70s and then at night the 20s? Yikes.

I agree that it's rough on families visiting to have the PPPs so close in dates--we're there for five nights/six days of tickets. And PPP is on the first and third night. It's frustrating. First weekend of April.

On the other hand I broked down and signed up for the first PPP. Since y'all have APs the discount is a good one for PPP just in case you decide the ol' if you can't be 'em join 'em :)

Yep there are 2 parties booked during our stay in April and since we are only going for 5 nights that limits things a bit.

~Amanda

I don't mean to be obtuse, but doesn't that leave you three nights to choose from?

I don't mean to be obtuse, but doesn't that leave you three nights to choose from?

Something to remember though--each of those three will be congested now w/ guests who didn't do the PPPs but still want to get an MK night in. Disney should really have that in mind when they schedule and try to space 'em out more.

I'm going the 2nd week in Nov. I saw last years calendar and that week started the Christmas Party at the MK. 3 times that week. I sure as heck don't want to pay extra to be in the park at nite. I saw wishes is at 6:00 p.m. I figured we will go eat over at the Poly and then watch the christmas fireworks at 9:00.

Does anyone remember if they did PPP during the christmas season?

Mari

No.. they did not. Only Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party.

:)

Knox

We were there over xmas and there were no parties other than MVMCP. And the last night for that was the 19th that year. We paid to attend, didn't realize that we didn't need to use our park passes to enter after 4pm.
It rained buckets that night and we weren't overly impressed with the evening.
But now, we've been there done that and don't need to do it again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!