Am I the only one annoyed with the "parties?"

I might add, as a canadian, the fake snow was not the bonus it was meant to be either! The kids thought it was really weird.

I don't mean to be obtuse, but doesn't that leave you three nights to choose from?

Yes - but as I said - we only have the baby sitter for ONE NIGHT and they are on their own vacation as well therefore I can't really impose a whole lot more.

~Amanda

Oh, hey--my brothers and step dad are in St Louis (Maryland Heights). Wasn't there a recent day where it was in the 70s and then at night the 20s? Yikes.

I agree that it's rough on families visiting to have the PPPs so close in dates--we're there for five nights/six days of tickets. And PPP is on the first and third night. It's frustrating. First weekend of April.

On the other hand I broked down and signed up for the first PPP. Since y'all have APs the discount is a good one for PPP just in case you decide the ol' if you can't be 'em join 'em :)

Yes on Thursday it got to the low 60's (I would have loved 70's) and by midnight it was back in the 20's and has stayed there since then. That's why we say in St. Louis - if you don't like the weather - wait 5 minutes.:laughing:

It's the princple of the thing now about going during PPP and spending the extra money. I'm not saying it won't happen but it burns my wallet to do so when I've already spent a good chunk of chage on annual passes.

:laughing: Maybe I'll go but wear a T-shirt saying - "BOYCOT PPP!"

~Amanda

I might add, as a canadian, the fake snow was not the bonus it was meant to be either! The kids thought it was really weird.

The snow was cute but since we get snow all the time it didn't quite have the "wow" factor for us either. When we went to the Xmas party back in 2004 you got 2 parades, the cool fireworks, cookies, hot chocolate, a family photo and a couple different shows. I hear they have cut back drastically the amount of "extras" but the price has stayed the same or higher.

~amanda

Some have said that the park closes at 7pm anyway...it does not. In mid-May MK is open every night till 9, 10 or 11pm, but is closing at 7pm on both P&PP nights. So it reduces our play-time by a MINIMUM of 2 hours on those nights.

So yes, it is a pain, it forces us, and lots of other guests to be there the remaining nights, making it more congested for the 'non P&PP' guests.

I'm already paying $1050 :scared1: for 2 adults and 2 kids to visit the parks (inc park hopper)...I shouldn't have to pay another almost $200 for a 'party' that lasts 5 hours (but cuts 4 hours of my paid time?):confused:

I could understand 2 or 3 parties a month...but this is too much!

May I suggest those of you who feel this is a bit much swing by Guest Services and complain! If I was a MK visitor I probably would, but complaining from Epcot seems picky LOL!

May I suggest those of you who feel this is a bit much swing by Guest Services and complain! If I was a MK visitor I probably would, but complaining from Epcot seems picky LOL!

I've already decided that I am going to issue a complain at guest services, and also give it to them in writing as well. As much good as it will do me. :)

~Amanda

Are you staying on property those five days? Maybe, rather than interrupt your friends plans, do MK on another night and leave your daughter at one of the kids clubs at the resorts? That way you can do the grown up rides without her at MK on a non PPP night AND still have another night with a babysitter for a romantic birthday dinner or shopping or something! :)

Are you staying on property those five days? Maybe, rather than interrupt your friends plans, do MK on another night and leave your daughter at one of the kids clubs at the resorts? That way you can do the grown up rides without her at MK on a non PPP night AND still have another night with a babysitter for a romantic birthday dinner or shopping or something! :)

Thanks for the suggestion but she isn't old enough for the kids clubs, and I'm not comfortable leaving her with a service.

~amanda

The park closes at 7pm which is normal during the off season. It was designed to bring in more revenue during the off season. What has happened is that it has become very popular and it has extended during the regular and peak season as well. Sounds to me like a great business decision. I look forward to going because it is something different. It does not work out for everyone but what does. Hope you have a great trip anyway!!!

It doesn't really affect us because we are local but on the nights of the P&PP Wishes isn't done. That would be my biggest complaint. This month there certainly is a difference in the times the park is open on the nights there is and isn't a party.

We were there one of the days the Halloween parties were happening but we were able to just go to a different park at 7 so again it didn't affect us but I would be sad to miss Wishes if I was here for a few days and couldn't see Wishes for some reason.

We actually found the PPP a bit of a hindrance during our recent trip, though I guess evening EMH made up for it. I don't mind MVMCP because it's part of a holiday celebration, but I would like it better if PPP was down to only once a month. Just my HO!:goodvibes

I don't have a problem with the holiday parties such as MNSSHP & MVMCP. However the 5-6 months of P&PP's is ridiculous to say the least. And I've also heard that this year they have not been fun at all. The only P&PP during our trip in April is the first night we arrive and after getting up at 3:30 am to make a 6 am flight, there is no way I will be up for the party. Plus I'd rather spend that money on something else anyhow!

It does make it a little harder to plan your days, but not impossible. I just look up the party nights, and adjust my plans accordingly. No biggie.

I am always amazed when people complain about Disney making money. That is why the exist, right? We all like to think they exist to bring joy and happiness to us and our little ones, but Disney is a business, and they are beholden to their stockholders to make a big profit.

It is rather smart on their part. They charge us more to enter a park on a party night, and many of us willingly pay it.

There are a bunch of P&PP's during our trip, however we're people who love to use the EMH and none of the MK EMH coincide with the parties obviously, so it doesn't affect us at all! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter