Am I too big for universal studios Orlando?!

I see what I did now, thanks for responding!

Some general advice for these questions:

1. Hulk: ask for a modified seat (there is a seat in a few rows that has 2 belts and allows more room)
2. Forbidden Journey: ask for an outside seat (seat 1 or 4). The outside seats allow a little more room.
3. Mummy and Gringotts: ask for last row. The last rows have a bit more leg room which helps for legs and belly.
4. Hagrid's Motorbike: for most larger people, the bike has more room to fit.

There are some good videos on YouTube showing people trying to fit on rides which should help you out.

Just got back and rode everything I wanted to ride. I am 5"7" 255#'s
I wear a Torrid 18 in pants and a 1 in shirts, a Lane Bryant 16 in pants, 18-20 in shirts and the XXL in tops from Old Navy along with a 42F bra.
I looked over several youtube videos before we left to get an idea about size restrictions. Like many have said, it really depends on ones measurements. My DS is 6'4" 250#'s he rode everything. My DD is 5'10" 225#'s and also rode everything. My kids while different in height have an identical inseams, we laugh about it because when they stand side by side, their waist is at same height.

I skipped Hulk and Rocket as I just can't handle the extreme twists, turns and upside down stuff anymore, I get sick, it sucks. However, I did try out both tester seats and could have ridden them. I rode everything else without issues.

I used all the tester seats ahead of time. I know it can be embarrassing or intimidating but honestly, who the heck cares, you are never go to see these people again and its better to try them than to take that walk off a ride where everyone in your row has to vacate so you can leave because you don't fit. We saw this happen twice, once was in our row. I felt so bad for these people and wondered if they had skipped the tester seats or just didn't know about them.

One of the line attendants on Hagrid suggested to my DS that he take a motorcycle due to his height but nothing was said to my DD and like I said, when it comes to legs, they are identical - they both took the bike, I took a side car and we all rode with no issues.

Forbidden Journey has a lot to do with chest/tummy size as that is the bar that comes down and must click the multiple times - the ride operators are great, they will ask and then give it a good push. I was able to self click myself in but I saw them assist many.

I wear a Torrid 18 in pants and a 1 in shirts, a Lane Bryant 16 in pants, 18-20 in shirts and the XXL in tops from Old Navy along with a 42F bra.
I looked over several youtube videos before we left to get an idea about size restrictions. Like many have said, it really depends on ones measurements. My DS is 6'4" 250#'s he rode everything. My DD is 5'10" 225#'s and also rode everything. My kids while different in height have an identical inseams, we laugh about it because when they stand side by side, their waist is at same height.

I skipped Hulk and Rocket as I just can't handle the extreme twists, turns and upside down stuff anymore, I get sick, it sucks. However, I did try out both tester seats and could have ridden them. I rode everything else without issues.

I used all the tester seats ahead of time. I know it can be embarrassing or intimidating but honestly, who the heck cares, you are never go to see these people again and its better to try them than to take that walk off a ride where everyone in your row has to vacate so you can leave because you don't fit. We saw this happen twice, once was in our row. I felt so bad for these people and wondered if they had skipped the tester seats or just didn't know about them.

One of the line attendants on Hagrid suggested to my DS that he take a motorcycle due to his height but nothing was said to my DD and like I said, when it comes to legs, they are identical - they both took the bike, I took a side car and we all rode with no issues.

Forbidden Journey has a lot to do with chest/tummy size as that is the bar that comes down and must click the multiple times - the ride operators are great, they will ask and then give it a good push. I was able to self click myself in but I saw them assist many.

Thank you for such a detailed and honest report.

I‘m sure it’ll help folks unsure. You’re correct about the test seats......people shouldn’t be shy of using them.

Glad you enjoyed the rides you wanted to ride.

Some general advice for these questions:

1. Hulk: ask for a modified seat (there is a seat in a few rows that has 2 belts and allows more room)
2. Forbidden Journey: ask for an outside seat (seat 1 or 4). The outside seats allow a little more room.
3. Mummy and Gringotts: ask for last row. The last rows have a bit more leg room which helps for legs and belly.
4. Hagrid's Motorbike: for most larger people, the bike has more room to fit.

There are some good videos on YouTube showing people trying to fit on rides which should help you out.
Its funny, thinking back, I think we were often assigned to the those rows that you mention - we are big people - not just hefty but also a fairly tall family and we commented how we were always in those back rows.........I "knew" there were modified seats available to ask for but we never did as we never had an issue. The one and only time something was mentioned was to my DS regarding Hagrid and that was from one of the line attendants who had the height meter pole to check the kidlets.

I have a question, are there any rides were a large female chest is a problem? I wear a 42 F bra. I'm working to lose weight, but suspect that no matter how much I lose I'm going to remain "gifted" in the bra area.

Good for you! This 57 yr old mom also just got back. I'm 5' 7", 225lbs. Wear a 3x shirt and size 16/18 pants. Standing I have 43" hips and a 49" waist and wear a 44C bra. I carry all my weight around the middle. I never have an issue sitting in the ride seats, it's just that lap restraint that causes me grief!!
I did not fit on rip rocket rollercoaster. Gringotts and Mummy were tight but doable. Forbidden journey was fine with some room to spare. Hagrid - did not fit in side car, but bike was fine with room to spare also. Didn't ride hulk. Weight doesn't matter so much as where it"s located!! When I entered the ride, I just said I need the "fat" seat and was directed appropriately. So I did need modified seating on all those rides.
I also used the seats outside the ride to see if I could fit before going in. The only thing about using the ride seats located outside was that numerous times, I stood waiting because there were little kids playing on the seats. A couple of times the TM intervened and asked the kids to get out of the seat. That was a bit annoying especially if you are already self conscious about having to use them!

I have a question, are there any rides were a large female chest is a problem? I wear a 42 F bra. I'm working to lose weight, but suspect that no matter how much I lose I'm going to remain "gifted" in the bra area.
Forbidden Journey is snug on the chest, Dr. Strange? The tower drop is also very snug on chest/tummy area. Many were more tummy related as they all had lap bars not over the shoulder type restraints.

I copied this from a post I made a few days ago. I went on a weight loss/lifestyle change journey so that I could hopefully fit on RRR... Hope thus helps anyone looking for size info for Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure.

Today was pretty outstanding. Weather was fantastic and the wait times were very short. But here’s a breakdown as promised:

I’m 5’ 10.5” tall
I weighed in around 246lbs today
Waist 44” (I measured where my pants wrap around me under my belly)
Belly 50” (I measured around the biggest part of my stomach)
Chest 46”

Forbidden Journey - This was our first ride and my first mental hurdle as last year I was asked to step off. My hands got sweaty as we approached the test seat before the ride. They didn’t even ask me to try it! I fit pretty easily in the outside seat, no problem. Stress reduced a bit.

Hagrid - Tight fit on the bike, but no issues. They did ask me to try the test seat as we approached the onboarding but I got the green light. I did not try the sidecar. Fun ride! Stress reduced again.

Spiderman - Zero issues. My son loves this ride. In years past the lap bar that comes down would squeeze my midsection pretty good, but no issues today

Dr Doom - I was not able to ride this at all last year. I tried to, but I wasn’t aware that they changed the seat restraints (I believe it used to have belts like Hulk). They asked me to get off when I couldn’t pull the restraint down far enough and my 10 year old daughter rode it alone. I was not happy with myself. This year, different story. Rode it with my now 11 year old daughter and 7 year old son. Love this ride and I love that it’s back on the docket!

Hulk - I asked for the bigger modified seat and had plenty of room. Not sure if I would have fit the regular seat, but this one was ez pz. This is a rough ride in my opinion, but wow what a blast this one is!

At this point I was feeling pretty good, but we hadn’t gone over to Universal Studios yet... The Hogwarts Express was down so we walked over. It was time to face the Nemesis that is RRR...

Rip Ride Rockit - I’ve always been too big for this ride. My 10yr old daughter wanted me to ride it with her last year and I couldn’t because I was too big. I felt awful but my wife took one for the team and went with her. So I was obviously nervous walking up to the test seats today. I didn’t want to let her down again. There were people sitting down on the curb right next to the test seats having an afternoon snack. I gave the “Row 3” test seat a go. It was Red until I gave it a little extra squeeze and then I saw Green! I had to try. Once we got onto the ride I pulled the restraint around me. It clicked into place but I was pretty skeptical that they’d let the restraint be at that angle (seemed a bit “open”), but they gave us the thumbs up and I listened to the best part of Free Bird for the next 2minutes. I made it! A bit of a rough ride and this ride definitely puts the “family jewels” in a danger zone with those seats, but I was able to get through it. Stress nearly eliminated.

Gringotts - I knew to ask for the back row. This was probably the closest ride for me to not making it on i think. But I made it!

Minions - Disappointing that they removed the 3D aspect of the ride, but it’s another one that my little guys likes. Again this one used to squeeze my belly terribly, but this time was ez pz. The bar did not touch me at all until we started moving.

Simpsons - I usually feel awful on this ride because the bar will only come so far down with my belly in the way but today was much better. Bar came all the way down. I had to “suck it in” a bit to allow that to happen, but it worked and I felt great.

We accomplished quite a bit today. I was very excited to share this story with all of my info. The people who have provided this kind of information in previous posts helped me out tremendously. I’m hoping some of this info will do the same for others and maybe put a few minds at ease. Hit me up with any questions, I’ll be here for the next week.

I found Hulk to be my biggest issue. I was still able to ride, but it was close.

I followed these threads really closely before my Universal Orlando trip last week. Gained a LOT of weight during covid.

Here's my experience:

5'6"
Chesty (about a 44 DDD)
Waist 47"
Hips 53"
Big thighs, big caboose, hahaha

I could NOT ride Rip Ride Rockit or Dr Doom Fearfall. (having said that, the modified tester seat for RRR was broken so I really don't know if I could have gotten on it or not.)

Forbidden Forest was a push to the 3rd click and I had to ask for the modified seat on the Hulk. Another 1/2 inch on the hips and I was NOT getting in the seat on the Hulk.

Escape from Gringotts and The Mummy were really tight but I made it - barely.

Had to pull down a tiny bit extra for the Hagrids Motorbike ride.

So now I have my motivation to get rid of the COVID 40 and enjoy all the rides again!!

I'll add my stats for future searches
5'4" 240 lbs, size 20 pants, 2x dresses and tops. Chest and thighs are proportional, belly is large (but very squishy)
Fit FJ, Gringotts and Hippogriff fine with room to spare
I can see how FJ would be a problem for big chest and belly while Gringotts for big thighs
Hippogriff can be scary if you have your small child next to you because you share a lap bar
Im about the same ht and wt as u but i do have big thighs i can fit gringots buts its TIGHT lol but that and mummy was all i even tried to ride besides the dr suess train which wasnt very comfortabls and the cat in the hat ride cuz their rides make me sick lol i thnk i tried the seat in dudley and was like heck no on it lol

I would highly recommend going on youtube and waching Pammie discuss this very issue. I think it is call Pammie Plus Parks. She tells you her exact measurements and lets you watch her try all the test seats. Really helpful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!