Amanda & Josh's Wishes Wedding - 05.04.15 - SBP/Attic/UK Lochside - The End (Complete)

Can you tell me please where you took the shot with the big golf ball in the background was?

It's the BEST one I've seen and I so want to get that one. I understand why we can't get photos in Future World for our wedding shoot but I really want the big golf ball in the background so I'd love to know what to ask for to get that shot.

You look stunning BTW...I know I'll be exhausted as well for the shoot so the most prepared I am for locations the better! HAHA...
The pictures with the Epcot ball in the background were all taken from a bridge in the Italy pavilion. :) For our park shoots, we had general ideas of things we definitely wanted (Spaceship Earth, big waterfall in Japan, castle shot), and the photographers really took over from there in terms of specifics. I think they pretty much know the parks inside out, so they know the best spots to get the background you want. :)

The pictures with the Epcot ball in the background were all taken from a bridge in the Italy pavilion. :) For our park shoots, we had general ideas of things we definitely wanted (Spaceship Earth, big waterfall in Japan, castle shot), and the photographers really took over from there in terms of specifics. I think they pretty much know the parks inside out, so they know the best spots to get the background you want. :)
Thank you. I had Italy and Japan as our main locations anyway but hadn't seen as nice a Spaceship Earth shot before so thought I'd check the location.
Then there's just a handful of specific ones. It's good to know they can sort it all once you tell them the looks you want. :-)

Day 9: AK & Departure, Random Additional Photos

It took awhile, but never say I didn't finish the trip report!

Unfortunately, Josh woke up feeling under the weather, so this day wasn’t too eventful before we had to leave for the airport. Since we had packed most of our things the night before, we didn’t have too much to do before leaving for our breakfast reservation at one of my favorite places in the World – Tusker House! Our reservation was before the park opened, but I didn’t notice any PhotoPass photographers out taking pictures, so that was kind of a bummer.

Not the best picture of either of us...

The food is always delicious and fresh at Tusker House, and I ate too much. It seems that by the end of every Disney trip, I really hit my threshold in terms of eating and feel really kind of gross by overeating for days at a time. LOL. This trip, I at least went to the hotel gym twice, but that definitely doesn’t always happen. Haha.

After breakfast, Josh really started to not feel well, so we sat in the shade for a little while. I got one of the faux Dole Whip things they have at AK now, and I have to say, I wasn’t feeling it that much. (Yes, that is my Disney secret. I have never had a real Dole Whip or one of the swirls.) Josh must have looked like he wasn’t feeling well, because a CM came up to us and asked if he was okay. Confession time – that day, I may not have been the most sympathetic. However, once we got home, I caught whatever bug it was he had, and it was miserable. I guess it served me right. LOL.

We looked through a few shops and made our way over to Dinosaur. I crack up every time I see this picture. The difference in our expressions is priceless. Josh looks like he is just not having it, hahaha.

At that point, we headed back to the Boardwalk to wait around for Magical Express. Stopping in the shop one last time, I picked up this drawing that I had eyed all week. Especially since it has Sea Breeze Point, I knew that I had to have it. :)

We had about an hour and a half to wait until it was time to leave, so I actually dozed off a little in one of my favorite “secret” quiet spots at the resort. :) Once we boarded Magical Express, I felt sad that our honeymoon and wedding trip were over, but I was also happy to get home to see our cats. LOL.

Our flight was delayed by about 45 minutes, but before too much longer, we were wheels up and on our way home. I have to be honest - I definitely went through (and still am, to an extent) the post-wedding blues once we got home. Shortly after we got back, we booked a trip to WDW in December, and that helped ease the wedding withdrawal a little bit.

So, now that the trip report is officially over, I figured I would share a small handful of photos here that I haven’t yet.

My sister took this picture before the ceremony.

I love this picture of my dad and me as we’re about to walk down the aisle.

When I returned to work after our honeymoon, my office had been decorated by some of my co-workers!

All I have left to share at this point are final vendor reviews, and I will probably include a small epilogue since it’s been 8 months since the wedding... and I just want to prolong this just a little longer. ;) I will post those soon.

AWWWWWWW!!!!!! Love your video! That's too bad they didn't dub in the Dappers. That would have been nice to have heard them in the video. But a great video none the less.

I've had migraines before at Disney and they SUCK! So the whole not feeling well at the most magical place on earth isn't so magical.

AWWWWWWW!!!!!! Love your video! That's too bad they didn't dub in the Dappers. That would have been nice to have heard them in the video. But a great video none the less.

I've had migraines before at Disney and they SUCK! So the whole not feeling well at the most magical place on earth isn't so magical.
I so wish they could have dubbed in the Dans. We have raw footage of one of their sets, but I wish they would have been able to include it in the final video. I understand they probably couldn't due to copyright, though!

Our most recent trip to WDW, in December, it was my turn to be kind of sick. I was getting over a sinus infection our first couple of days there. The worst part was that it affected my ability to taste, and eating is my favorite thing to do at Disney! :lmao:

I see all your trips in your signature and I'm totally selfish and want more trip reports! :) I'd love to see your DVC experiences. It's been so fun following along with your wedding!

I see all your trips in your signature and I'm totally selfish and want more trip reports! :) I'd love to see your DVC experiences. It's been so fun following along with your wedding!

Thanks! It's been fun sharing everything here and doing TRs for our last two visits. I've been thinking about doing a TR for our December trip! I may, but we actually had quite a bit more resort "down time" this trip than we usually do. I'm definitely planning on doing at least a dining review if I don't do a full TR. :) We were on the deluxe dining plan and ate like royalty... or gluttons, depending on how you want to look at it. :laughing:

First things first – we've been blogged! It was a very pleasant surprise to suddenly see our wedding cake pop up in my Facebook feed with a link to Magical Day Weddings. I think only a couple of pictures haven't been shared here, but I'm including the link in case anyone wants to see it. :) Just click on the screen grab.

Also, now that we have received our final wedding film, I can finally post final vendor reviews. For those who have read through my PJ/TR, some of these may be kind of obvious... but I didn't feel comfortable doing reviews before everything was totally said and done. I thought these may still be useful for future brides, so I decided to share them.

Diane Bowen, DFTW Planner – A
. Diane was not necessarily touchy-feely, but I didn't want nor need that in my wedding planner. For the most part, Josh and I knew what we wanted, and Diane made it happen while making suggestions to make things better or smoother. She was easy to work with, incredibly professional, and on the ball.

Heather Sparby, DFTW Floral Planner – A-. We didn't interact with Heather too much, but she was always very nice and easy to work with when we did. The floral on the day of the wedding was just as we asked. My only minor critique might be that email responses tended to be pretty slow, but we were also still 2-3 months out when changes were made to our floral plans.

Michael Meeks/NONPAREIL – A+.
One of the best decisions we made for our wedding! Michael was professional, easy to get along with, and really went above and beyond on the wedding day. He's super easy to talk to and really took the time to get to know us before the wedding. Our family members all commented on how hard he worked and how beautiful our pictures turned out. Plus, we had all of our images back within a few weeks.

Trinity Wedding Cinema – A. David and Kristina are incredibly friendly and produce beautiful work. The turnaround time for the final film does take quite awhile, but I am willing to wait for the highest quality product. I didn't interact with them as much before the wedding as I did with Michael, but David was always prompt about responding to Email. He also helped us by making some suggestions regarding our wedding day timeline.

Beaute Speciale – A-. If I were grading based only on the quality of hair and makeup alone, I would have this as an A. However, there was a moment of stress beforehand when I had to talk on the phone, huddled in the corner of Pecos Bill's two days before the wedding, to clarify room numbers and payment information when that had all already been sent via email before that point. That said, the artists all did a great job and were friendly and professional.

Amanda/Disney Fine Art Photography (Park Shoots Only) – A-. Friendly, pleasant to work with, and we got a number of really good photos. Some of them were a little “pose-y” for our tastes, but I think part of that is due to the time constraints and the set paths defined by Disney more so than the photographer. I was happy with our park pictures and so glad we decided to keep them despite the hub construction at the time.

Jason Louis, Wedding Block Coordinator – A. Our room block was fairly simple and straightforward, but Jason was awesome to work with and sent us monthly updates. We only interacted through email, but he was always quick to respond to any question I had. He kept everything as stress-free as possible for us. I'm also convinced that he is the person to thank for the super magical pixie dust we received on our free night at the Grand.

WedIdeas (bridal party floral only) – B. The ordering process was easy, and they were definitely more affordable than Disney Floral. They were out of the natural touch peonies at the time, unfortunately. Otherwise, I think I would have been even happier with the bouquets. They photographed well, though. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them but would suggest leaving plenty of time for them to ship and arriving.

Wedding Paper Divas (Save the Dates, Wedding Timeline Cards, Programs) – B.
A good option for couples wanting to save on the paper items for their wedding. They frequently have specials if you watch for them. They're not the most fancy or most intricate suites, but so many people left their wedding programs behind. I'm glad we didn’t spend a lot of money on them! Turnaround time is usually good, too.

I love your vendor recap that is going to be so helpful to future brides and how sweet of your co workers to decorate your office like that! and congratulations on the feature on magical day weddings!!! :goodvibes

The End

It’s so hard to believe it’s been close to a year since our wedding. The first year of marriage has been pretty low-key for us, consisting of job transitions for us with hopefully more to come this year. The most exciting thing has been a trip back to the World in December. Unfortunately, our first Christmas together as a married couple was marred by the fact that I was sick as a dog. I seriously had Sprite and saltines on Christmas Eve!

I really intended to do a full TR of our trip in December, but I didn’t really take many notes and two months have passed already. I would still like to do a dining review, though, because we were on the deluxe dining plan and ate like gluttons the entire time. (Yachtsman is one of my new faves!) So, I figured I’ll do a brief recap here as somewhat of an epilogue.

We ended up doing a triple split stay between Kidani Village, Beach Club Villas, and the Yacht Club. Originally, we were supposed to leave a day earlier, but when news came out about the Star Wars opening night event, we decided to extend our trip so that we could attend. For the extra night, we booked club level at the YC since we got a decent passholder discount on the room. It was very nice! This trip was partly an early birthday present for me, too. :)

Birthday cake Josh ordered for me our first day at Sanaa!

It was almond cake with amaretto mousse, the same flavors as our wedding cake.

We saw the big tree in Jambo and had a disappointing meal at Jiko. (Note – our service was very good, and the actual quality of food was as well. The food just wasn’t really our cup of tea, which really surprised me.) Afterward, we proceeded to check out Disney Springs where I spent too much time and money in Basin.

The next morning, we saw one of my new favorite shows – Flights of Wonder.

That night, we went to Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party and got completely soaked. I was furious because we left the dollar store ponchos we brought back in the room, so I still ended up buying one of their crazy expensive Disney ponchos. The worst part was that we camped out for the parade and fireworks (we did get a really good spot!), and so our pants just got soaked and stiff from sitting the entire time. However, this was my first time seeing Holiday Wishes… it is awesome!

Sadly, this is the only picture we got with the castle lights. It was almost midnight and Josh was done at that point. And somehow, we never made it back to MK this trip.

You can see the rain drops in this picture. It actually looks pretty neat.

The next day, we went to the DVC members’ holiday mixer.

The line for Mickey and Minnie were too long to get both, but obviously this one was my priority anyway.

Meredith Vieira was the narrator for the Candlelight Processional this night. She did a nice job, and we had pretty good seats.

The next day, we moved to the Beach Club. It was really warm during our trip, but the grounds looked beautiful and festive.

Not the view from our room, sadly.

That night, we said good-bye to these beautiful lights. We splurged on the dessert party, and it was worth every penny to me. The desserts were great (they had Mickey ice cream bars!), AND they had jungle juice and a mixed drink I really enjoyed. My favorite was the Jack Frost (coconut rum and pineapple juice).

The only snow I want to bask in.

We spent a half-day resort hopping to see decorations. Some day I will get to stay at the Grand during Christmastime…

We ate at Chef Mickey’s and lived to tell. (We did go for breakfast, but I really didn’t think it was that bad.)

We did the Illuminations dessert party, too. The holiday finale is AMAZING! Makes me wish we had gotten married in December. :( I’m sure it would add even more stunning detail to photos.

The next day, we moved to Yacht Club and had a stressful morning. We had to queue up for the Star Wars event, and we were told that we needed to return by 2:30 pm for our 7:15 show or else we might not get to sit together. Um… no. I don't get why they didn't do assigned seating. :confused3 Thankfully it all worked out, and when we arrived around 5:30, there were plenty of open seats, but we had missed the majority of the red carpet hoopla.

We had breakfast at Garden Grill, which is one of my new favorites.

We had the last seating, so the characters walked in a sequence to our table one after the other. LOL

The private after-party at Hollywood Studios was a lot of fun.

They had a BB-8 there!

I was proud of us. We actually made it that night until after 1 a.m., even in our “old” age. :laughing: The Symphony in the Stars fireworks are AWESOME. Maybe my favorite fireworks show in Disney at the moment… but that probably changes depending on when you ask me. LOL. I hope they’re still having the special dessert party when we go in May, because I will be all over that.

Duffy and ShellieMay enjoyed turn down service in our room.

Not that in can compare in any way to Disney, but here was our Christmas tree at home. The train has Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy, and Pluto. It came from Avon and is super cute.

Sorry for the image heavy post. Maybe I should have just done an entire TR, haha. We have an anniversary trip scheduled in May, and will hopefully be going again in December. That trip would probably be with Josh’s mom. And... just like that, we’ve reached the end of this journey.

I’m actually getting a little teary-eyed officially wrapping up what has been the focus of so much time, energy, and love over the past two years. I will still follow PJs and TRs here, but it’s not quite the same now that I’m no longer a bride. But I will still be happy to answer any questions future brides may have for me here. :goodvibes

Thank you all for joining along for the ride. I loved sharing the journey with you!

I'm so sad to see it be done, but it was inevitable. You guys should totally stalk my wedding if you make it out in December. I was bummed that we didn't end up being able say hi at the end of last year.

Love the shorter hair on you!

I'm so sad to see it be done, but it was inevitable. You guys should totally stalk my wedding if you make it out in December. I was bummed that we didn't end up being able say hi at the end of last year.

Love the shorter hair on you!
I will totally stalk your wedding! Haha. I'll just live vicariously through all the brides still planning. ;)

Thanks! It's funny you say that. I had to grow my hair out so long for the wedding that it was almost a cathartic experience cutting it! My stylist took off one long strand right in the back of my head and threw it on my lap, so there was no turning back after that. LOL.

Awe I'm so sad your PJ/TR is officially over! I've enjoyed following along so much and really hope that you'll continue to write future TRs. I know you didn't do detailed reports on them, but I now officially need to try Yachtsmans and Garden Grill. And and I think I may need to add an Illuminations Dessrt Party since our wedding is in December.

I'm so jealous you got to go to the Star WRs premiere party! We were on vacation at Disneyland when they announced the party and by the time we even heard about it, it was sold out :( I'm slightly BB8 obsessed and am dying to meet him!

Awe I'm so sad your PJ/TR is officially over! I've enjoyed following along so much and really hope that you'll continue to write future TRs. I know you didn't do detailed reports on them, but I now officially need to try Yachtsmans and Garden Grill. And and I think I may need to add an Illuminations Dessrt Party since our wedding is in December.

I'm so jealous you got to go to the Star WRs premiere party! We were on vacation at Disneyland when they announced the party and by the time we even heard about it, it was sold out :( I'm slightly BB8 obsessed and am dying to meet him!

If you can add an Illuminations DP, I would totally DO IT!! The holiday finale seriously took my breath away. I can't imagine how beautiful the photos would be! Of course, you'll have to make a special trip back to actually watch the fireworks yourself since you'd be busy taking pictures. :)

I'll make it a goal to start my dining report over on the restaurants board soon, but Yachtsman was probably one of my favorite Disney meals ever, and I was worried about eating there as a vegetarian. I love BB-8 too, so I told Josh we had to wait in the huge line to get a picture with him! Haha.

Really loved how in depth and detailed your adventure was! Also super jealous you made it to the Force Awaken's event, how much fun! (The fiancé commented that he loved the idea of ordering a cake that mirrors your wedding cake during trips to the mouse :) )

I just wanted to say I read through some of your TR and it's a little crazy how close the wedding is to the one we hope to have. Same date, same reception and ceremony venues, same time, and my name is even Amanda! My fiance's name begins with a J as well! I also loved the nerdy processional music you guys had. My fiance and I are gamers as well (I assume you are too with the Nobue Uematsu music I saw in the BEO!). We can't do many of the extras like characters, Cinderella's Coach or a Dessert party, though. It has been my dream since I was a little girl to ride in that coach, but we are trying to keep any extras completely off the table since my parents offered to pay for a lot of the wedding and I can't justify any extras. I would love to have Chip and Dale there too, but again, can't justify it. Anyway, I feel like I am looking into my future!! Thanks for sharing. :D

I just wanted to say I read through some of your TR and it's a little crazy how close the wedding is to the one we hope to have. Same date, same reception and ceremony venues, same time, and my name is even Amanda! My fiance's name begins with a J as well! I also loved the nerdy processional music you guys had. My fiance and I are gamers as well (I assume you are too with the Nobue Uematsu music I saw in the BEO!). We can't do many of the extras like characters, Cinderella's Coach or a Dessert party, though. It has been my dream since I was a little girl to ride in that coach, but we are trying to keep any extras completely off the table since my parents offered to pay for a lot of the wedding and I can't justify any extras. I would love to have Chip and Dale there too, but again, can't justify it. Anyway, I feel like I am looking into my future!! Thanks for sharing. :D

Haha... that is very cool. Thank you! Looks like you even have two cat babies like we do, too. :) And yes, we are gamers! Josh much more so than me, but I enjoy playing RPGs. We have actually been able to meet Uematsu-san a few times which was a nerdy dream come true. :teeth:

Where are you guys at in the planning stages for your wedding? Reading and sharing on the boards here made everything so much easier - and more fun, too. :D

So sad to see the end of your journal :guilty: I have loving following along especially because we were both May brides :love::bride:! Your first Christmas looks awesome and I love the feature! :goodvibes

So sad to see the end of your journal :guilty: I have loving following along especially because we were both May brides :love::bride:! Your first Christmas looks awesome and I love the feature! :goodvibes

I loved following along with your journal too! :goodvibes I can't wait to see the rest of your TR!

Hard to believe we're both coming up on our one year anniversaries!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter