Amazon.ca or .com? Shipping time?

kyanmama

Earning My Ears
When ordering something to have delivered to a WDW resort, I'm assuming I'd order from amazon.com instead of .ca right?
For people who have ordered from amazon, how far in advance did you order? We will arrive Dec 22 and need our things by the 23rd, or 24th at the latest.
Sorry if this has been asked a million times I'm so used to having Prime I wasn't even thinking about shipping times.

You should think of Amazon .com and .ca as 2 separate companies. Although your log-in information is shared, the order history and prime membership are not. You are not considered as a Prime member in the American site even if you have the Canadian membership. In other words, they will charge you extra shipping fee.

However, you can only order from the American site if you want it delivered to the USA address. You can order from either site if you want it delivered to the Canadian address but there will be an import duty.

For your Disney trip, to save money, here are my tips to use Amazon.COM:
1. Start a trial PRIME membership, free for one month, order as many as you want during the trip, then cancel it before charges start.
2. Deliver to the resorts that have NO business centres. The ones with business centres (ie, Grand Floridian, Contemporary) will be the one receiving them. You will have less business hours to pick them up and you have to pay a handling fee. For those without a business centre (ie, Wilderness Lodge), the parcels will be delivered to the front desk so you can pick up 24/7 without fee, unless you choose to tip the front desk staff.
3. Never ever order anything online to be shipped by Postal Services (USPS). Regular parcels will be delivered to the Disney central mailroom, instead of individual resorts. You will either wait one extra week to receive it, or have to drive to whichever that central mailroom place is.
4. Make sure you write, in the address field, either reservation number, or stay date, so they can match your name.

You should think of Amazon .com and .ca as 2 separate companies. Although your log-in information is shared, the order history and prime membership are not. You are not considered as a Prime member in the American site even if you have the Canadian membership. In other words, they will charge you extra shipping fee.

However, you can only order from the American site if you want it delivered to the USA address. You can order from either site if you want it delivered to the Canadian address but there will be an import duty.

For your Disney trip, to save money, here are my tips to use Amazon.COM:
1. Start a trial PRIME membership, free for one month, order as many as you want during the trip, then cancel it before charges start.
2. Deliver to the resorts that have NO business centres. The ones with business centres (ie, Grand Floridian, Contemporary) will be the one receiving them. You will have less business hours to pick them up and you have to pay a handling fee. For those without a business centre (ie, Wilderness Lodge), the parcels will be delivered to the front desk so you can pick up 24/7 without fee, unless you choose to tip the front desk staff.
3. Never ever order anything online to be shipped by Postal Services (USPS). Regular parcels will be delivered to the Disney central mailroom, instead of individual resorts. You will either wait one extra week to receive it, or have to drive to whichever that central mailroom place is.
4. Make sure you write, in the address field, either reservation number, or stay date, so they can match your name.

There is now a charge for all parcels to all resorts, but yes this does give you 24/7 access. You do need to be careful if Amazon decides to separate your order into more than one box since the charge is per box not order

My daughter shipped from Sephora to the Polynesian last month and was not charged for it. Might have been the cast member and my daughter's shared enthusiasm for the Sephora delivery. I wouldn't expect not to be charged but it does happen.

Does Pop Century have a business centre? I plan on doing this as well when we go in February.

Should be just the ones with convention centres attached so Pop Century would not have one.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en_CA/guest-services/business-centers/
Business centers can be found inside the conference centers of Disney Convention Hotels. These hotels include:

As far as dates go, most items that are "fulfilled by Amazon" show a very accurate delivery date right on the item page. I use both .ca and .com extensively, and will say that the Amazon is MUCH faster at deliveries in the US. I often order stuff on a Saturday and have the receipt confirmation from MyUSAdress by Monday noon, often 2 days ahead of the estimated date. The key though is to order only items that are fulfilled by Amazon itself. Other vendors from the Marketplace have much more uneven shipping experiences. Also, make sure you check the box on the shipping page that requests the smallest number of packages. You still may get multiple packages from different locations, but they will hold up a couple of items waiting for a restock of a missing item to the same warehouse. That can reduce on handling charges (MyUSAddress charges by package as well).

My daughter shipped from Sephora to the Polynesian last month and was not charged for it. Might have been the cast member and my daughter's shared enthusiasm for the Sephora delivery. I wouldn't expect not to be charged but it does happen.

Yeah, there was a little luck here, I think. Or "pixie dust", if you prefer. We stayed at Poly early in October and had three packages shipped. All were charged. Like all things Disney, exceptions happen.

As far as dates go, most items that are "fulfilled by Amazon" show a very accurate delivery date right on the item page. I use both .ca and .com extensively, and will say that the Amazon is MUCH faster at deliveries in the US. I often order stuff on a Saturday and have the receipt confirmation from MyUSAdress by Monday noon, often 2 days ahead of the estimated date. The key though is to order only items that are fulfilled by Amazon itself. Other vendors from the Marketplace have much more uneven shipping experiences. Also, make sure you check the box on the shipping page that requests the smallest number of packages. You still may get multiple packages from different locations, but they will hold up a couple of items waiting for a restock of a missing item to the same warehouse. That can reduce on handling charges (MyUSAddress charges by package as well).

I think this probably depends somewhat on your delivery location. Amazon is often quite fast (2-3 days) to my home in Ottawa, even without Prime shipping. I've never had shipping that fast from Amazon to WDW, and I had a really horrible experience with them on this last trip. My in-stock order sat without shipping for 11 days. After October 2 came and went and the order status was still showing "shipping on October 2", I poked them. By that time I was already into the estimated arrival window. They changed the shipping to 2-day guaranteed and assured me it would ship that day. When it didn't, I poked them again, and was told that absolutely yes, it would go out that day, and would definitely arrive by the guaranteed delivery date (October 5). I had no need to worry (they said). Well, it did go out very late that night. And it did arrive at 7:48 pm on October 5, after sitting at an Amazon depot not half an hour away for the better part of a day, twelve minutes ahead of the 8 pm delivery deadline. And a few hours too late for my daughter to wear her costume to the Halloween party that night.

I also had a "next day" delivery to my home disappear entirely a few weeks ago. ("Oh, we're sorry, it appears your package was 'lost in transit'. Too bad. We'll issue a refund.") And I've had at least two other Prime orders arrive late in recent memory, with nothing more than "sorry, looks like we're going to be late" and a virtual shrug from Amazon. So I'm a little sour on Amazon's customer service at the moment.

Good tip about combining packages though. I don't recall noticing that option before.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!