america trans air????

Briankahn

Earning My Ears
Hey all. Got great last minute vacation deal but am booked on american trans air out of Indianapolis. Anyone familar with this airline??? Thanks and can't wait til March 8th!!!

It's better known in flight circles as ATA, and is a very nice airline, I've flown them a few times. Would fly them more if they flew out of the nearer airport to me.

I just flew with them twice in the past few weeks. My connections made lllloooonnnngggg days but I was happy with the price. Don't look for a meal to be served. I was on a crosscountry flight and only got a snack type bag of crackers and a drink.

I flew them too... from Dominican Republic to Toronto - non stop.. it was a chartered flight.

They were fine, gingerale and honey roasted nuts... I'm not complaining..

>>^..^<<

ATA has been around for over two decades, but for most of that it was strictly a charter airline. Then it became a commercial airline, specializing in "vacation destination." Now they have changed their slogan to "An honestly different airline" and seem to be going for the mainstream market. We have flown them many times, as they fly out of Midway and have great prices from Chicago to Orlando. They give you advance seat assignments and fly mostly new 757-300 and 737-800 aircraft. We've never had a significant delay, other than one caused by weather which was out of their control (we had a 45 delay for a minor mechanical problem once, but we made up a lot of that time once we were in the air). The only thing they tend to be slow with is luggage delivery, but at least they've never lost it. They have e-ticket kiosks at both MDW and MCO.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

My flights were delayed about 1/2 hour on average. I'm not complaining too much though because the price was right.

We just flew ATA for the first time last week and were very
impressed. The planes are new, service is good. We left
Grand Rapids MI on a morning they had just received a foot
of snow with no delays! Prices were better than many others,
we will use them again. Do not confuse them with Air Trans,
thats a whole different story.

ATA is a great airline. We have always flown it for the past 10 years or so due to the fact that the flights are almost always direct.

They have a fleet of really nice new planes now too.

I've NEVER heard it referred to as American Trans Air (and I live where they are based). I didn't even know what you were talking about until someone said "ATA."

We're also looking to fly from Grand Rapids to Orlando. Do you mind tellig me what the fare was that you received from ATS? I'm curious.

We have flown with ATA 7 of our last 11 trips to Orlando and have our next two trips booked with them. We had to cancel a trip in March of 2000 due to a medical emergency and they refunded our tickets with no questions asked and no documentation. We did have one bad experience with waiting for luggage at Midway but overall have been very happy with them.

I booked our ATA flights through travelocity for $250.00 per
person including tax. We had a short lay over at Chicago
Midway which was strange for us because we are used to
O'Hare, but it was fine. J.

We just purchased tickets for our Fourth of July trip. Round trip on ATA from Chicago/Midway to Orlando was $746.00 for two children and two adults!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter