• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

American Idol 2024

Enjoyed the show and think he is basically a decent person.

I did however think his bragging that he had been with 100 girls because "I'm Jon Bon Jovi" to be highly disrespectful of his wife who he has known since High School.

I think we all assumed that to be the case,no need to verbalize it and disrespect her.

I don't think he said he'd been with 100 girls, although he also said he's not been a saint. But that 100 girls are after him at any time as he's Jon Bon Jovi, rock star, etc., all that goes with the sexy persona.

I am glad that he said he wants his legacy to be his philanthropy. He's proven that to be true. We hear all the time on the local news what he does for NJ. After Superstorm Sandy devastated the NJ coastline, he donated $1 million for relief effort. He also created a second JBJ Soul Kitchen restaurant, where those in need can pay a minimum $10 donation or do volunteer work for their meals, and paying customers donate toward the cost of the volunteers' food. The first one opened in Red Bank, NJ in 2011.

He supported affordable housing initiatives, donating $100,000.

During Covid, he and his wife were seen around at different food banks passing out food. In May 2020 they created their own food bank distribution center.

He is listed as supporting 35 different charities.

Just like the lyrics of one of his songs says:

"You take the home from the boy
But not the boy from his home
These are my streets, the only life I've ever known
Who says you can't go home?"

Jon Bon Jovi walks his talk, err, singing.

I do have to say that I am not an Emmy fan at all. I don't know if her persona on this show is an act or what, but I feel like if she has performed on the Opry stage with her Grandma she shouldn't be this shy and nervous all the time.

Here are the video clips of Emmy looking glammed up and very polished in appearance and in performance, very different from the, "Aw, shucks! I'm just a plain, simple country girl who doesn't get all that glamorous stuff and the to-do about it."

Note, this first one (below) was a year and a half ago on the Opry stage. I kind of wonder if the timing of it all isn't key to her wanting to be on Idol a year later. :scratchin Like, maybe some record company or manager saw her performance and then did talk to her about making an album with her, as she's Loretta Lynn's granddaughter. Yet, also thinks she'd do better with some exposure on Idol first to give her (possible) upcoming album of her own songs lots of pre-publicity.

She sang her own songs on Idol for as long as she could. (So they probably will all make it onto her album.) Knowing the music industry, Lionel even told her, "That song is a hit," after one of her songs.

The reason I say this theory is because one of my ex-roommates used to work for a famous record company. All she and others did all day was make phone calls to different radio stations around the U.S., requesting a very specific list of songs that the record label wanted to push to be #1 songs, or higher on the charts. The more songs are requested and logged as requested by key radio stations, the more they get played, over and over, and get airtime, which helps the songs get traction and make it to the top of the charts.

If anyone saw the Broadway play/movie Dreamgirls, they talked about a "payola" that happens behind the scenes in the music industry, where people are quietly paid to push certain songs to the top of the charts. It's not just a random, "This is such a great song and everyone loves it," as the only reason a song makes it to #1. It's often very calculated which artists and songs get exposure and traction and which get set aside. According to my ex-roommate, "payola" isn't fiction.

Emmy Russell and Lukas Nelson at the Grand Ole Opry, honoring the life of Loretta Lynn. She doesn't look all uncomfortable with hair & makeup and false eyelashes done up.

Emmy making her Opry debut singing her own song about Loretta, Memaw, which she sang on Idol. She may have bought her own sparkly dress for this.

Z-Emmy_Opry_Debut1.jpg

And here is Emmy's Tiktok where she has a couple very professionally done music videos, trying to make it look like she is just casually singing from a car window. But, the lighting and the cinematography, sweater to match the car, and glamorous makeup and fake eyelashes are all spot on. And the way she sang to the camera is very polished. She posted this the same day of her audition on Idol. Even if Idol gave her a few weeks between audition and going to Hollywood, no way did she do these videos and got polished on her own in that time. . . and then suddenly show up all "plain" again.

A rather blonde and glammed up Emmy, posted a month after her debut on the Opry stage in 2022 and way before Idol:

An even blonder Emmy back in 2017 when she was performing more. This girl is no stranger to doing things with her hair and having on glamorous makeup on. Not all the time, but enough that she's comfortable with it, regardless of how she portrays herself on Idol.

Z-Emmy_Blonde.JPG

Compare all that to her 180 degree turnabout with the plain, shy, "Aw shucks! I just want to sing," persona at her Idol audition.

Last edited:

Attachments

• Z-Emmy_Shania2.JPG
    Z-Emmy_Shania2.JPG
    39.4 KB · Views: 1
Did you notice Emmy's hair was darker when she performed last night, versus when she was talking to Shania? I think the show's hair stylist used a darkening spray on her to darken her hair to make her resemble Loretta Lynn's "Coal Miner's Daughter" look more.

View attachment 855704

View attachment 855701

View attachment 855702

View attachment 855706

Toppix dark brown hair spray:
https://www.amazon.com/TOPPIK-Colored-Hair-Thickener-Brown/dp/B00VT143X4/
I was trying to remember when Coal Miner's Daughter was released. I had to look it up. It was 1980, 44 years ago.

Did you notice Emmy's hair was darker when she performed last night, versus when she was talking to Shania? I think the show's hair stylist used a darkening spray on her to darken her hair to make her resemble Loretta Lynn's "Coal Miner's Daughter" look more.

View attachment 855704

View attachment 855701

View attachment 855702

View attachment 855706

Toppix dark brown hair spray:
https://www.amazon.com/TOPPIK-Colored-Hair-Thickener-Brown/dp/B00VT143X4/

I did not notice that, but I tend to listen more than watch. I try to make it like I am listening on the radio and then I can see if I would leave the station on or change it.

I did not notice that, but I tend to listen more than watch. I try to make it like I am listening on the radio and then I can see if I would leave the station on or change it.

Interesting! I like that approach. :thumbsup2

I wish McKenna had sung "Hit Me With Your Best Shot," instead. She needs to sing a faster song. All her song choices sound the same.

Emmy's given song: SERIOUSLY? Like this wasn't a total set up for her?

Emmy's given song: SERIOUSLY? Like this wasn't a total set up for her?
Totally unfair-she got a FASTPASS to the next round.

If Hank Williams Grandson was on the show and sang I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry',he would move on as well,etc.

Totally unfair.

If she was UBER talented it might be a little different.

But she is not-she has some talent,but she is not going to knock anybody's socks off.

And very little stage presence.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter