Amtrak Autotrain question

singitalto

<font color=FF66FF>Can't wait to stay at the Beach
I would like to take the autotrain when we go to WDW in Sept. Right now the price is $972 for 2 Adults and 2 children and a minivan. If I buy the tickets now and the price goes down, can you get a voucher for the difference??
My problem is that the $972 is kinda out of my budget so I am hoping for a sale to bring it down to a more afforable price, but I don't want the price to go up so that we can't take it at all.

Any opinion on whether I should wait for a sale or buy now???

I have asked this question to Amtrak in the past and received varying answers. It seems like their policy allows you to 'change' your tickets for a fee (I think about $60). Therefore, you would be able to receive a refund for the difference in the cost of the ticket less the fee. I have used the AutoTrain twice and now have tickets for our upcoming trip in Dec. I have never seen the price much lower than $60 less than the price I paid and I have seen it increase. It seems like you get the best discount if you purchase early OR take the chance and hope that a sale price would be offered. If you have AAA, you can get a discount on a certain portion of the fare as well.

Good Luck!

From what I understand the farther out you book the cheaper the tix.. so unless a promo offer is rolled out (which considering their financial difficulty I would question) I'd book now... Plus they acutally do book up, I checked on a price for specific dates online & when I called the next day to book the date/seating I wanted had sold out. Also, I had to change my dates (again!) & they charged me about $90 for the 4 tix.
Christine

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter