An AMerican in Paris ??

callahanjulie10

DIS Veteran
My family will be coming over in mid-late March. We will be arriving in London- then chunneling it to Paris-going to DLP- and then leaving from Charles de Gaulle. I have looked and searched and I have no idea what kind of transportation ticket I need to get me from London-to Paris-to DLP and back- then to the airport. If anyone out there can help me, I would greatly appreciate it.

The best way to get from London to DLP is on the Eurostar - train - from Waterloo station in central London and then through the channel tunnel on a single ticket. Check out Eurostar.
Hopefully there will be a direct service to DLP, if not its only a short train ride from Paris to DLP. What I would suggest for your return journey to CDG is train again, although there may be a few stops/changes I'm no too sure.
Anyone else got any ideas???
Happy planning
Claire :D

Getting to the Airport from a DLP hotel is easy - the buses stop outside every hotel, just ask the concierge for a timetable. Fare is 14 Euros per adult I think (from memory).

The only two warnings I would give are :
a) if you are leaving on a Sunday afternoon, watch out because everyone else is too! The buses will be very crowded if not full and you may have to wait for the next one, so build that in to your timings. Especially if staying at the Newport Bay Club (last of the pickup points).

b) Make sure you check the front of the bus as they go to CDG and Orly airports and the driver assumes you've picked the right one!

As for getting to DLP from the Chunnel, do you mean you're coming across by train or by car?

If by train, I assume you'll be arriving in Paris (i.e. not on the direct to DLP train). If so, you'll need to take the RER train line A to Marne la Vallée station at the end of the line.

First - thank you to everyone who has responded to my delimna. Here is my plan:
Arrive Gatewick- March 20
Stay in London until March 28
take the train(chunnel) to Paris
Stay in Paris Friday March 28 until Monday March 31

Go to DLP for 1 day (either Saturday or Sunday) come back to hotel in Paris to spend night

On March 31- leave from Charles de Gualle for the USA

What I am looking for is the least expensive ticket for the London to Paris and my Paris travels. I would like to spend my $$$ on fun souvies rather than buying a ticket for transportation that I will not use.

Any suggestions...

From what you've said, your best bet then to and from the park will be the RER train from the centre of Paris. Here's a link to a map of the RER system (hopefully they'll have fare info on there as well somewhere) : http://www.ratp.fr/ParisVisite/Images/Plans/Pdf/Reseaux/rer.pdf

As for getting to Paris from London on Eurostar, I've never used it so don't know where would be the best place to get cheap tickets from.

However, I would strongly advise you to reconsider a weekend visit to the park. Get there Friday if you can as at the weekend, the whole of Paris tends to go (I'm not kidding!). If you have to go Saturday or Sunday, then I'd choose Saturday as I've found the crowds a little bit less, plus they leave earlier in the evening than on Sunday nights.

But as I now try to avoid going on weekends, it may have changed in the last year (last visit I did Mon-Thurs).

Thanks for the great site- I could only get the site in French! Who would have thought- LOL. I think that this could work for us-
I guess I will talk to the rest of my party and see if Saturday would work for them- we won't be leaving London and getting to Paris in enough time to do DLP on Friday.

We are traveling with a large group to London- about 15 families who are part of Girl Scouts- and 12 families are leaving directly from London- the other families are going to France for the weekend! Anyway- thanks so much for your input. If you every need help with a WDW trip- I would be happy to repay your kindness- we go about 4 times a year.

we definitely noticed the difference between Sat and Sun. I think French schoolchildren have classes on a Sat morning, so it is quieter on a Saturday - we were really struck by how much busier it was on the Sunday.
But It has to be said, I don't think March is going to be a particularly busy time anyway.

bev

Ah, that would explain it. I'd always wondered and knew there must be an obvious answer - thanks Bev! :cool:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!