An Epic Girl's Trip With Some Joey on the Side...Updated 4/29-COMPLETE

Maybe I should look into it...

YUS!! I"m renewing mine this year. :)

When I last updated, I left you hanging where we were having dinner Sunday night...I'm happy to say we will be dining at Flying Fish, a new to me and Joe restaurant.

I wish I could give FF a better review but I just can't. I was there 3 years ago and my kids and I were a bit disenchanted. The portions were super small (like not enough food with one expensive dish per person) the service was terrible (it took us an hour to get seated for a 7:00 ADR), and just wasn't worth the price tag. The veggies on my daughter's plate were literally inedible. I REALLY hope your experience is better; I'd love to be able to say I'd try it again as I think it's a beautiful place. Looking forward to your review!

I did this out of love for my sons, as this restaurant doesn't even rank on my list of bad restaurants, that's how much I dislike it.
We haven't eaten at Chef Mickey's in probably 9 years or so and I have absolutely no desire to ever go back. I don't even like recommending it to clients! But I suppose I may be there in the future for my grandchildren so I get you.

We have dinner reservations at Morimoto Asia. I am dying to try the ribs...
OMG you will LOVE those hairy ribs!!!!

And, this was just ordered from Disney!!! I LOVE it!
And I LOVE this AK shirt! I might have to get it lol

We haven't eaten at Chef Mickey's in probably 9 years or so and I have absolutely no desire to ever go back. I don't even like recommending it to clients! But I suppose I may be there in the future for my grandchildren so I get you.

It's soooooo disgusting! I was really hoping to book O'hana, but Matt and Tim really wanted Chef Mickey's and O'hana didn't have any availability anyway, since I booked way below my 180 days out...I'm totally taking one for the team. I hope I don't get food poisoning...:rotfl:

OMG you will LOVE those hairy ribs!!!!

DYING!

And I LOVE this AK shirt! I might have to get it lol

OMG! We could be like twinning!!!:rotfl::rotfl2::rotfl::rotfl2:

September Update:

Tomorrow is my dining reservation day...This is the trip where we are staying 4 nights at the Grand Floridian and taking our niece, Gia (for her 4th B-day). So, that being said, our dining reservations will most likely be character heavy. I am hoping to book Storybook Dining, Garden Grill, and Cinderella's Royal Table for sure, and it's a toss-up between 1900 Park Fare and O'Hana...New to us will be Beaches and Cream if I can manage to snag one of those coveted reservations. I'm also hoping to book Rose and Crown, which is another restaurant that has been on our list for quite a while now.

I don't know about you all, but booking dining is always such a cluster for me. There are always the favs that I can't stay away from and so many more that I want to try...So, do I sacrifice an oldie but a goodie for something new that may not be as good??? Or, do I book one of my favs and skip something that could be even better? Does anyone else have this problem???

We are having the same dilemma as we discuss what to do for our December trip!! There are a ton of places we have never tried, but all 3 of us have our favorites, too. I'm hoping to do Storybook Dining and maybe I can convince my son to give up Cinderella's Royal Table, so we can try 1900 Park Faire. I keep thinking each trip will be the last time he wants to even see Cinderella, but she's been his girl forever, so I guess even at age 10 we must dine in the castle! :)

20190111_123020 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

Ugh I totally get you on choosing dining reservations! I always struggle with wanting to try new things and then keeping the ones you love! Good luck!

Is Beaches and Cream taking reservations? I thought they were going to be under renovations August and September? I need to look now!

Good luck making your ADRs! It is tough deciding!

It is, isn't it?!?!

Ugh I totally get you on choosing dining reservations! I always struggle with wanting to try new things and then keeping the ones you love! Good luck!

Is Beaches and Cream taking reservations? I thought they were going to be under renovations August and September? I need to look now!

Oh, that's right!!! That really makes me sad. B&C was definitely on my hit list and now it will probably have to wait until another trip...

I am really hoping that Andy and I can do Brunch at the top on our adult only trip! It would be new to us!

I was also going to say that picking restaurants is a little like picking your favorite child! It feels impossible sometimes!

September Dining Update:

Ok, so I didn't quite make it up at the unGodly hour of 6 am to book dining for September. Instead, I slept until 8, got some things done, grabbed a cup of coffee and then sat down at the computer to see what I could do in terms of dining...And, I didn't do too bad. The only reservation I was unable to snag was Storybook Dining (at least I have it for May). So here's my list...

Sunday, September 22:

Lunch: QS either at Gasparilla Grill, somewhere in DS or Rainforest Cafe (Landry's card), only because Gia would LOVE it and she's never been.
Dinner: Citricos!!!!!

Monday, September 23:

Breakfast: Garden Grill
Lunch: Food and Wine Booths
Dinner: Rose and Crown (This is a new to us restaurant and one Joe and I are really looking forward to).

Tuesday, September 24:

Breakfast: 1900 Park Fare
Lunch: ???
Dinner: Columbia Harbour House

Wednesday, September 25:

Breakfast: Cinderella's Royal Table
Dinner: Tony's

Thursday, September 26:
Breakfast at Gasparilla Grill or a QS lunch at DS before heading out to St Pete...

I am hoping to book MNSSHP for Tuesday night and a dessert party for Tuesday or Wednesday night.

I try to get at least 1 new restaurant in each trip. But it is so hard!
So do we and just the other day I was thinking I'd like to do a trip where we ONLY do new to us restaurants! It would have to be a kid free trip though.

Dinner: Citricos!!
Can't get any better!!

Breakfast: 1900 Park Fa
We haven't done this in probably 9 years and I'd actually love to try it again! Chris wants GG breakfast in Dec but maybe I can talk him in to this too :scratchin

Haha I don't know that I've ever gotten up at the time for dining reservations. I've usually had pretty good luck whenever I get around to it as well!

I'm surprised Artist Point had nothing, maybe they haven't released all of the times yet? I feel like they are doing this more and more lately which is super annoying when Disney is the one who makes us think we need to do everything 180 days out!

Man the Landry's card is worth its weight in gold! We used it for a spur of the moment dinner at TREX on our last day and had like a 5 minute wait and the normal walk up wait was 1.5 hours!

Me and DH are doing 1900 Park Fare in June! That was always our (only) go to reservation when we went as a family when I was growing up so I think Gia will love it!!

September Dining Update:

Ok, so I didn't quite make it up at the unGodly hour of 6 am to book dining for September. Instead, I slept until 8, got some things done, grabbed a cup of coffee and then sat down at the computer to see what I could do in terms of dining...And, I didn't do too bad. The only reservation I was unable to snag was Storybook Dining (at least I have it for May). So here's my list...

Sunday, September 22:
Lunch: QS either at Gasparilla Grill, somewhere in DS or Rainforest Cafe (Landry's card), only because Gia would LOVE it and she's never been.
Dinner: Citricos!!!!!

We love Rainforest...well at least T-Rex version...we haven't ever done the 'normal' one. Citricos...fantastic!

Monday, September 23:
Breakfast: Garden Grill
Lunch: Food and Wine Booths
Dinner: Rose and Crown (This is a new to us restaurant and one Joe and I are really looking forward to).

We haven't done GG in forever, but I recall the character interactions there were always some of the BEST! I do enjoy Rose and Crown too and DH loves the Sticky Toffee Pudding there.

Tuesday, September 24:
Breakfast: 1900 Park Fare
Lunch: ???
Dinner: Columbia Harbour House

Ah our character meal at 1900 Park Fare back in September with just adults was so much fun...plus TIGGER!

Wednesday, September 25:
Breakfast: Cinderella's Royal Table
Dinner: Tony's

Wow it's been forever since we did the Cindy's marathon call-in...how fabulous for Gia! I still think a revisit to Tony's is in order for us in the future since I recall reading it had improved.

Thursday, September 26:
Breakfast at Gasparilla Grill or a QS lunch at DS before heading out to St Pete...

I am hoping to book MNSSHP for Tuesday night and a dessert party for Tuesday or Wednesday night.

Sounds like a fabulous trip and some great dining experiences. I'm so tempted to book at least ONE Disney restaurant for my girl and I this weekend but I'm afraid it would be torture to be so close to the parks and not be able to visit.

I'm surprised Artist Point had nothing, maybe they haven't released all of the times yet? I feel like they are doing this more and more lately which is super annoying when Disney is the one who makes us think we need to do everything 180 days out!

OMG!!! I bet you are right. I am going to keep checking. I thought it was a bit strange that they were showing zero availability during both August and September's trips...

Me and DH are doing 1900 Park Fare in June! That was always our (only) go to reservation when we went as a family when I was growing up so I think Gia will love it!!

We actually took Gia when she was a baby and she grabbed the syrup off the table and spilled it all over herself. Hee! Hee! My sister had great fun cleaning that sticky mess up...:rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter