An "I Miss You" PTR!! Summer/Fall/Winter 2020??- 2 DAYS AWAY- Updated 8/25!

I am slowly making my way back to the boards as well. This pandamic hasn't made me want to be very Magical... But reading about the May trip has helped!

I moved out of my childhood home and got my own apartment! I am actually LOVING living by myself and decorating my own place (I call it my Bachelorette pad :)) I am eternally grateful to my family for letting me stay at home after college and save up, but it feels so good to be a big kid and have my own place!
Congratulations!!! it is such a big step!

This picture was not planned- I was positively GIDDY to be at WDW!!
I love it!

Here are my answers:
Favorite Disney Park: Magic Kingdom (hands down)

Favorite Disney Resorts: Yacht Club, Wilderness Lodge and Carribean Beach

Favorite Disney Movies: That is hard, I never get to choose, the girls always choose. I guess, Toy Story, Mary Poppins, and Star Wars

Favorite Disney Restaurants:
Sannaa, BOMA, Homecom', Polite Pig

Favorite Ride at Magic Kingdom: Splash Mountain and Big Thunder Mountain and maybe the People Mover

Favorite Ride at Epcot: Soar'n but really, none of the rides in EPCOT are a must do for me.

Favorite Ride at Hollywood Studios: Rise of Resistance and Toy Story Mania

Favorite Ride at Animal Kingdom: Everest and the Safari

Favorite Disney Snacks: All of them!!! Ha! Orange Swirl, Candied Bacon, Key Lime Pie on a stick, Chocolate Covered Pineapple (thanks to @chunkymonkey), the Raspberry Lime Macaroon from France, I could keep going on and on...

If lost at Disney World.. Look for me at: Stormalong Bay

Hey Molly! Just wanted to pop in and say hi! I love this new report! :) We have so much in common! to answer your questions!

Favorite Disney Park Magic Kingdom

Favorite Disney Resorts Coronado Springs, Poly, Wilderness Lodge

Favorite Disney Movies Frozen, UP, Inside Out, Little Mermaid

Favorite Disney Song Let It Go ( Teared me up in the movie theatre, and still does now:sad:), Circle of Life, A Whole New World, Beauty and the Beast

Favorite Disney Characters Dug! I got to see him at AK last Disney Trip and screamed and ran to him like a little kid :laughing: , Minnie Mouse, Pluto

Favorite Disney Restaurants Garden Grille, Whispering Canyon Cafe

Favorite Ride at Magic Kingdom Space Mountain, front 'row'!

Favorite Ride at Epcot Soaring

Favorite Ride at Hollywood Studios Rock'N' Roller Coaster

Favorite Ride at Animal Kingdom Expedition Everest (can you tell I'm a roller coaster junkie ::yes:: )

Favorite Disney Snacks Nutella waffle sandwich (with Nutella!), Dole Whip, Schoolbread

If lost at Disney World.. Look for me at: One of the thrill rides or sitting in front of the castle with a Starbucks:cloud9:

Besides traveling, I also love to read. Jodi Picoult’s books are my favorite!

I used to read those all the time! Which ones your favorite? Mine is Mercy.

Favorite Disney Park-Magic Kingdom

Favorite Disney Resorts-Coronado Springs/Yacht Club/Animal Kingdom Lodge

Favorite Disney Movies-Mulan/Beauty & the Beast/Tangled

Favorite Disney Song-Grim Grinning Ghosts

Favorite Disney Characters-Pua & Nick Wilde

Favorite Disney Restaurants-Homecomin & Shulas's (if that counts)

Favorite Ride at Magic Kingdom-Haunted Mansion/7DMT

Favorite Ride at Epcot-Test Track

Favorite Ride at Hollywood Studios-Was the Great Movie ride :sad: TSMM now

Favorite Ride at Animal Kingdom-Flight of Passage/Safari

Favorite Disney Snacks-Churros at Nomad Lounge/Poutine at The Daily Poutine

If lost at Disney World.. Look for me at: where the food is :rotfl:

Awww going down memory lane for our Epic Trip was so awesome. It was such a fun night when we all first met and it really is amazing how we all got along so well! I really love the Ooey Gooey toffee cake too!

Love your intro! It is definitely how I picture you. Love your little questionnaire as well:

Favorite Disney Park: Epcot

Favorite Disney Resorts: Polynesian and Yacht/Beach Club

Favorite Disney Movies: Aladdin, Mulan, Beauty and the Beast

Favorite Disney Song: A Whole New World, I'll Make a Man Out of You

Favorite Disney Characters: Core 4, Eeyore, Stitch

Favorite Disney Restaurants (I have too many): Ohana, Yachtsman Steakhouse, Cali Grill, Tiffins, Sanaa, Flying Fish

Favorite Ride at Magic Kingdom: 7DMT and the Peoplemover

Favorite Ride at Epcot: Soarin' or Frozen Ever After

Favorite Ride at Hollywood Studios: Rise of the Resistance

Favorite Ride at Animal Kingdom: Flight of Passage

Favorite Disney Snacks: That pistachio raspberry whip we got in Jan, Mickey Pretzel, Popcorn, caramel chocolate pineapple from Karamel Kusche

If lost at Disney World.. Look for me at: The Polynesian, Satuli Canteen, Nomads, or wandering World Showcase!

What a fun first day of your trip! Isn't it always great to land in Orlando early enough to be able to still do stuff! Doing the dessert party with a group of people must have been tons of fun!

OMG! I love the 4 year old Molly video. So cute! Reminds me of my 2 DDs when they were that age. :cutie:

Haha, thank you! :) We had the Lady and the Tramp book on tape and I memorized literally the entire thing- I would ask to play it every time we were in the car!!

Wow, quick thinking!! Also good strategy by Lesley making up some pretend kids!! You are lucky they didn't check!! I will have to remember that next time we need a pullout bed! I was so sad that I couldn't go on that epic trip!! I have met a few DisPeeps but would love to have come on that one with so many amazing Disney fans!! Hopefully one day it will happen again!!

Haha, I can't believe I pulled it off! It definitely worked because we got a pull-out bed for both of our rooms that trip ::yes:: YES you must come on our next one! And your daughter too :)

Favorite Disney Resorts: POFQ, CR, BW

So many people have responded with POFQ- that is one that I have yet to try! We stayed at Dixie Landings (now POR) back in 2000 and we loved the big lizard slide! It's at the top of my list for new resorts to try.

How awesome that your sister got married in Hilton Head! My sister and I went to the Disney resort there in 2018 and fell in love.

I also love Jodi Picoult books and Jon and Kate plus 8 lol! I can't believe the twins are in college now- makes me feel old!

I love HHI- it's such a beautiful and special place! I honestly can't believe Haley and Ryan were able to get married there, it was a dream! Haha I love watching the re-runs of Jon and Kate Plus 8 :laughing: I tried watching all of the new specials but it is strange not seeing Collin there- plus the sextuplet girls are kinda bratty now (at least Madi grew out of it)!

Hi Molly! I was so glad when you were able to switch to working mostly online, as I know that was worrying you. I wish I could work online!

Hi Kelly, thanks so much :) You are amazing for what you do and I think about you all the time!! Be safe and well! ❤

I spy the Disney HHI Resort behind you :love: We stayed there once and loved it. Then for the last two years we rented a condo through VRBO because we love HHI so much, though I did prefer staying the Disney Resort better.

We are actually in Harbour Town over at Sea Pines in this picture! I have wanted to visit the DVC resort for so long but nobody else in my family does!!!

Ok word of advice when joining a new trip report its a good idea to hit the watch button so you can actually follow along. Oops but I'm back!

Definitely wish we could have hung out more on the trip too but you have Caroline, Ariane, Jenny, and Kelly's clear endorsement so I know I like you already :D Plus bonus points for one of your favorite places being my home town!

Thanks for starting to relive the Epic trip. I cannot believe it was almost a year ago now. Reliving it through your eyes (and seeing everything I missed) will be fabulous!

Hi Kari! Glad you're back ;) Haha awww thanks so much! It was so much fun hanging out with everyone in May and January- hopefully our paths cross soon! You seem like so much fun and you definitely bring the party wherever you are! ::yes:: Oh and I LOVE the DC area, especially Alexandria!!

I am slowly making my way back to the boards as well. This pandamic hasn't made me want to be very Magical... But reading about the May trip has helped!

Hi Ariella! So good to see you here :) It was great meeting you and your awesome family back in May- sounds like Morgan had a great birthday!!

Favorite Disney Snacks: All of them!!! Ha! Orange Swirl, Candied Bacon, Key Lime Pie on a stick, Chocolate Covered Pineapple (thanks to @chunkymonkey), the Raspberry Lime Macaroon from France, I could keep going on and on...

Ooo love these choices! So I tried the Candied Bacon back in January since you raved about it so much! It was delicious- that paired with an iced coffee and a Chesire Cat Tail made for the perfect sweet and salty breakfast!

Hey Molly! Just wanted to pop in and say hi! I love this new report! :) We have so much in common! to answer your questions!

Hey girl!! Thanks so much for following along with this PTR :) Next time I'm in Disney, we'll definitely have to meet up since you live so close (JEALOUS)!

I used to read those all the time! Which ones your favorite? Mine is Mercy.

Haha I loved them in high school but I've been reading them again now that we're stuck inside! My favorites are Nineteen Minutes, The Pact, and House Rules!

If lost at Disney World.. Look for me at: where the food is :rotfl:

GIRL SAME :laughing:

Awww going down memory lane for our Epic Trip was so awesome. It was such a fun night when we all first met and it really is amazing how we all got along so well! I really love the Ooey Gooey toffee cake too!

Ugh that Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake was amazing! I actually could have had it 2x that trip, but I ended up ditching Caroline, Lesley, and I's ADR for Liberty Tree Tavern on our last night. My stomach literally could not handle any more food that week!

Favorite Disney Snacks: That pistachio raspberry whip we got in Jan, Mickey Pretzel, Popcorn, caramel chocolate pineapple from Karamel Kusche

I loved the pistachio whip too! But next time I definitely need to get it with the hot chocolate because that sip of yours was way better than may plain swirl!

I also still need to try the chocolate pineapple! My mom actually bought me and her some spears on the second night of our August trip, but we forgot about them in the fridge until our sixth night. Then, when we bit into them, we spit them out because they were so sour :laughing:

What a fun first day of your trip! Isn't it always great to land in Orlando early enough to be able to still do stuff! Doing the dessert party with a group of people must have been tons of fun!

Early flights are always the way to go- I love getting into Disney bright and early! And for some reason, getting up at 4 AM always adds to the excitement too? :laughing: The dessert party was the perfect first-night activity; it was great way to chat with everyone and treat ourselves (that's when you know vacation has begun)!

Haha I loved them in high school but I've been reading them again now that we're stuck inside! My favorites are Nineteen Minutes, The Pact, and House Rules!

I've actually read all of those! I liked Nineteen Minutes too. I think it was the first one I read because my friend had a copy of it in high school. But I find that one so sad (I know most of them are). The Pact frustrated me because of the character's actions. I know that the books all contain some kind of courtroom dilemma, but the whole part of the book where Emily was alive I kept hoping someone would find out about her trauma and get her help instead.

Ugh the ATL airport is the worst. I usually try to fly direct through Southwest, but the flights were SO expensive so I had to slum it through Delta :laughing:

I just got my vouchers for future flights on Alaska as I cancelled my June ones. The good news is that I think I can get MORE flights with the credit I have.

Haha, it was very stressful having to lie- I have a strong conscience and am a bad liar! But I must have done okay because the CM didn't question me any further!

I am the same way!

I really hope all of the resorts don't get that sterile theming anytime soon. I love the rooms with the whimsical theming like at the Polynesian and AKL!

For reals!! I just had this same discussion on my own thread and it seems to be a toss up with folks.

Haha, I was practicing, but it was nothing compared to the OG Chunky Dump we saw the next day... 😂

:lmao:
49762400517_118da28d0d_z.jpg

You all are so darned cute!

My mom jokes around and says that she’s created a monster ::yes::

LOL! My mom says the exact same thing.
As you can probably tell from my love of Disney, I am a sucker for nostalgia. I like to think that I was born in the wrong generation, and I love old music, fashion, and movies. Music is one of my biggest passions and I CONSTANTLY have music playing in every genre; from Fleetwood Mac, to Third Eye Blind, to Norah Jones, to Prince, to Johnny Cash, to The Weeknd, to Seals and Crofts, to Broadway musicals!

That is one spectacular lineup!
Favorite Disney Park: AK

Favorite Disney Resorts: Poly, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk

Favorite Disney Movies: Anything vintage

Favorite Disney Song: Baby Be Mine (Dumbo)

Favorite Disney Characters: Tink

Favorite Disney Restaurants: Tiffins, V&A, Raglan Rd.

Favorite Ride at Magic Kingdom: HM or POTC

Favorite Ride at Epcot: SE

Favorite Ride at Hollywood Studios: TOT

Favorite Ride at Animal Kingdom: FOP

Favorite Disney Snacks: PP Float, jalepeno cream cheese pretzel, Rice Cream from Norway

If lost at Disney World.. Look for me at: The Nomad
Favorites are hard for me; they always seem to be changing!

I've actually read all of those! I liked Nineteen Minutes too. I think it was the first one I read because my friend had a copy of it in high school. But I find that one so sad (I know most of them are). The Pact frustrated me because of the character's actions. I know that the books all contain some kind of courtroom dilemma, but the whole part of the book where Emily was alive I kept hoping someone would find out about her trauma and get her help instead.

All of Jodi Picoult's books are so sad! I'll have to check out Mercy, I've never read that one before! Have you seen the Lifetime movie version of The Pact?! I've heard it's pretty cringey 😂

I just got my vouchers for future flights on Alaska as I cancelled my June ones. The good news is that I think I can get MORE flights with the credit I have.

Well that's a silver lining! It's probably smart that you cancelled your June flights; I unfortunately can't see Disney opening to what it once was anytime soon :(

Favorites are hard for me; they always seem to be changing!

Me too!!! That's why I feel like I have to do these surveys every few months :laughing: I just checked out Nomad Lounge in January and it was so nice! My drink and the apps that I sampled were delicious!

Trip #1, Day 2- May 2nd, 2019

Remember how I told you that I always sleep like a rock in Disney? Well, this was not the case tonight. I was tossing and turning all night like crazy, and starting to get worried because we had a strict 8 AM meeting time at Epcot for our VIP tour!

Around 5:45 AM, I started to realize why I was so restless- my stomach was killing me :( I heard Caroline wake up and shower, and it just kept getting worse. I drank some water and tried to switch positions, but my mouth was getting dry and my heart began to race…

Caroline was still in the bathroom doing her hair and makeup, but I couldn’t handle it anymore! I burst into the bathroom and apologized quickly to Caroline before proceeding to throw up in the toilet next to her :crazy2:

Caroline is a nurse, so she was so sweet and totally unfazed, offering to get me water and medicine :) What a great first impression, Molly!

I immediately felt better after worshipping the porcelain god, but was still a little shaky, so I went back to bed and laid down for a bit. I was soooo bummed! I did NOT want to miss our VIP tour, but it’s rare that I get sick like this so I didn’t know if I had a virus.

Then I remembered the ample desserts and 2 cups of hot chocolate I consumed the night before, and it all made sense ::yes::

F8F8F832-F34F-46CE-89C8-F9CC8AC13799.gif

I called my mom to share in my sorrows (she’s a crazy person and is always up at 5 AM), and she encouraged me to wait and see if I felt better.

Lesley was super sweet as well and gave me some Pepto to help my stomach. I managed to go back to sleep for a bit longer, and my stomach was settling nicely. I woke up at about 7:15 to Caroline and Lesley leaving. I checked the time, and in order to make it to Epcot in a timely manner, I figured that I needed to start getting ready NOW!

I threw on some clothes, did my makeup as fast as I could, and bounded out of the room! I stopped at the Market at Ale and Compass (YC’s new QS), and picked up a Sprite, a banana, and some dry cereal to eat later once I felt hungry again. Side note- I LOVED this quick service option a lot and I’m so glad that they added this to YC. They had lots of unique and healthy options there, and their coffee bar was amazing. Plus they had racks and racks of Lily Pullitzer and Vineyard Vines clothing, what’s a girl not to love :cutie: I preferred YC’s QS leaps and bounds over BC’s.

I power-walked over to Epcot (thank goodness for the YC’s great location), and managed to meet the group right in front of Test Track at about 8:30! I was so happy that I hadn’t missed anything on the tour. I was introduced to our tour guides, and we walked right onto Test Track

Can you believe that 3 hours before this I was hunched over a toilet puking my guts out?!

I rode with Kelly ( @buzzrelly ), and we made a super girly pink car! Next on the list was Soarin’ Around the World.

Then, we watched the blue angels fly over Spaceship Earth! It was so beautiful and there was so much media everywhere- I was looking out for celebrities (a few of our DISfriends found some!).

Last on our list at Epcot was Frozen Ever After!

I got to talk a lot with Jenny ( @Jenny Sanders ) and Joe on this tour (they are sat next to me). :) They are so wonderful! They live in Chicago, so we talked all about Midwest sports!!

After our Epcot extravaganza, we headed to park #2 of 4, DHS! We rode in these little mini vans that took us backstage as a shortcut. It was literally so cool- we entered DHS right behind Rock n Roller Coaster! They offered us a lovely basket of snacks, like chips, granola bars, Skittles, trail mix, and Starburst. I had to pass since my stomach was still a little flip-flopped.

We ended up riding Slinky Dog Dash two times!! It was my first time riding, and I was so impressed- this coaster is so smooth! It felt so good to pass up the huge line and ride SDD twice in a row- it was at this park where I really started to feel the VIP status ::yes::

It was also my first time seeing Toy Story Land, and I sent some pictures to my mom, since Toy Story is one of her favorite movies. It’s one of our favorite spots in WDW now!

This is where Liesa’s infamous “Chunky Dump” was born! 😂

We were considering doing ToT after this, but the group didn't seem to want to. I was glad to avoid this- I was doing good with my stomach and I DID NOT want to push it, haha!

After we explored DHS, we headed off to park #3- Animal Kingdom!

I was feeling much better at this point, so I had some dry Froot Loops (when in Disney, amiright? :rolleyes: ) and some Sprite. I figured that I needed something in my stomach to take on…

Flight of Passage 😍 This was also my first time riding FOP! I was a bit nervous, since simulators usually make me motion sick and I was already not feeling 100%, but the girls convinced me to try it out. I’m so glad I did!

I rode next to Liesa ( @Steppesister ), and she was so much fun to talk with :) I ended up LOVING FOP! Wow! I still love the ride and have ridden multiple times, but the first time riding was 100% the best. I felt dizzy during one part, but I muscled through it and it was so amazing! The smell on this ride is soooo good.

After FOP, it was lunch time! Our tour guide, Jon, had us mobile-order for Satu’li Canteen while in line, and it timed out perfectly! I was still not feeling 100% hungry, so I played it safe and ordered a kid’s cheese quesadilla and some grapes. I did also get one of the blueberry mousse desserts to try because #vacation :laughing: It felt good to relax, sit down, and talk with all of the wonderful ladies!

After our yummy lunch, we headed for Kilimanjaro Safaris. I usually love the slow-paced nature of this ride, but today, I was NOT feeling it! I think I was on an adrenaline high from being a VIP :laughing: We were all soooo giggly and I had a great time laughing with Kelly, Liesa, Caroline, Ariana, and Billie. It was all I could do to keep from crashing!

Once our safari came to an end, we said goodbye to some of our friends and jetted off to park #4 of 4- Magic Kingdom!

We entered the park over by the Plaza restaurant, which was sooo cool. Overall, one thing I really loved about this tour was seeing all of the backstage areas. When we passed behind Epcot, we got to see some of the Food and Wine booths back in storage and see some construction on the new Ratatouille ride! The Disney nerd in me was FREAKING OUT!

Sadly, our 7-hour tour was coming to an end any minute, so we jogged over to our final ride- 7 Dwarves Mine Train! We were so sad to be done with our tour, but so grateful to Jon and our other tour guide (who was lovely but quiet, so I can’t remember her name. I think it was Alyssa?).

Jon- the best tour guide ever! He was so nice and spent a little bit of time with each of us over the course of the day, talking Disney and rattling off some fun facts!

Here’s our ride photo! WOW- I need to start lifting weights again ::yes:: (also, who knew then that @chunkymonkey and her husband Steve would turn into some of my greatest friends and trip companions :lovestruc )

Once we got off, we all set on our separate ways. We joked that the clock had struck midnight, and our carriages had turned back into pumpkins princess:

To our wonderful, amazing benefactor (who I got the pleasure to meet on this tour but shall remain anonymous)- THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS! It was truly the experience of a lifetime. When I found out 2 weeks before the trip that we were given the chance to take a VIP tour, I cried and cried out of excitement. It was the highlight of my trip, and I will never forget the amazing memories that were made. You are the BEST! :love2:

By now, it was about 3:30 PM, and I realized that my appetite had come back FULL SWING!
:banana: I had a hankering for some ice cream, so I asked if anyone would like to come to the Plaza Ice Cream Parlor with me. Karamie ( @paradesintherain ) agreed, so we headed over to Main Street USA!

Behold...in all its glory…

6640A470-7AEE-4CC9-8546-DB4CCA3FFB4C.gif

The All-American Sundae! This was amazing and hit the spot in the heat! I finished it all! Although, it didn’t have nearly enough peanut butter to appease this PB lover. (You'll find another sundae later in the trip that DID have a Molly-approved amount of peanut butter)!

Karamie got a brownie sundae, and we plopped down on the curb and ate our treats. We people-watched and just talked for a good half hour! This was a really great memory from this trip- Karamie was so much fun to talk to and it was a peaceful moment after our whirlwind day!

We did some browsing at the shops on Main Street USA, and bid goodbye at the bus stop, with a promise to meet up again later that night!

Once I returned to the hotel, I walked leisurely around the BC/YC, just exploring the resort area. The Boardwalk area is sooo beautiful. As I get older, I appreciate this resort location more and more!

Then, I went back to the room, said “hi” to Lesley and Caroline, and promptly CRASHED. I napped for about 2 hours and it was glorious. ::yes:: I finally woke up when they were leaving the room- they had a Star Wars Dessert Party at DHS to get to!

My bed was sooo comfortable, but I forced myself out and got dressed. I was going to spend some solo time at Disney Springs!

I got to Disney Springs at about 8:30 PM! I browsed in some of the higher-end stores like Lilly Pulitzer and Lucky and called my Mom to tell her all about my amazing day! She was so happy that I was feeling better and able to enjoy the tour.

I stopped in World of Disney, where I bought a coffee mug for Tom, and some tea and a Mickey head tea diffuser for my Mom. I shipped my purchases back to the YC, and texted Karamie, telling her that I was heading to the Marketplace Co-Op! We met up and shopped around that area for a little bit. I almost bought this crew-neck sweater, and still regret not buying it! :(

We also created some make-your-own treats at Goofy’s Candy Company to save for later in the trip! I made a Rice Krispie treat with M&Ms and peanut butter chips :love:

Karamie’s dad was also in DS with her, and they were starting to get hungry. So, we parted ways for now. I really wanted to try a specific restaurant and wasn’t hungry at the moment! I told her I’d text her when I sat down to eat and she could meet me. I believe that they went to either De-Lux Burger or Earl of Sandwich?

I did my last little bit of browsing but didn’t buy anything for myself just yet (although my mom had given me a Disney gift card before the trip and it was burning a hole in my pocket). It was only Day 2 after all!

Since it was vacation, I decided to have a bit of dessert before dinner. I headed over to the Ganachery to try something I had read about on the Disney Food Blog- their house-made S’Mores!

Y’all, I INHALED this! It was soo yummy- they torched the marshmallow right in front of you so it was perfectly toasted and gooey. I also loved how the graham cracker was soft and chewy instead of crunchy! 10/10 would eat this again- although I think it’s only available seasonally now!

The CM who made this for me was so nice- I was wearing my hair in a bun on this night, so when my order was ready, he called out “Tinkerbell” How did he know that she was my favorite?! :cutie:

Then, I headed right next door for a little bit of dinner! As soon as I heard of this place, I knew I needed to try it out…

Wine Bar George!

I texted Karamie and got a seat outside on the 2nd floor balcony.

I already knew what I was going to order- a Dole Whip Froscato and the Charcuterie Board! I'm a Wisconsin girl, so a cheese board is my dream come true.

Both were delicious. Karamie and her dad came shortly after, and Karamie was intrigued at the Dole Whip Froscato, so she got one too! Dare I say, it was actually better than a normal Dole Whip? ;)

The Froscato and cheese board really hit the spot. They were filling, but nice and light and perfect for snacking. I really loved Wine Bar George and have returned there on later trips- it’s nice to do some adult-centric things in WDW once in a while! :drinking1

After chatting with Karamie and her dad, we parted ways and I headed back to YC. By now, it was almost midnight, and I was exhausted after a busy yet amazingly fun day! I crashed as soon as I got back, excited at the prospect of a more relaxed day
tomorrow.

Last edited:
Caroline was still in the bathroom doing her hair and makeup, but I couldn’t handle it anymore! I burst into the bathroom and apologized quickly to Caroline before proceeding to throw up in the toilet next to her :crazy2:
You poor thing. I remember you saying something about this...

Then I remembered the ample desserts and 2 cups of hot chocolate I consumed the night before, and it all made sense ::yes::
Yep. That would explain it. LOL!

I got to talk a lot with Jenny ( @Jenny Sanders ) and Joe on this tour (they are sat next to me). :) They are so wonderful! They live in Chicago, so we talked all about Midwest sports!!
So happy we got to spend time with you too. :love2:

Flight of Passage 😍 This was also my first time riding FOP! I was a bit nervous, since simulators usually make me motion sick and I was already not feeling 100%, but the girls convinced me to try it out. I’m so glad I did!
I didn't realize we were both FOP virgins at the time. I was so nervous about riding it too!!! LOL!

Ugh I'm sorry you woke up feeling so sick! Thank goodness you felt better in time for the tour! What a fantastic day it sounded like!!

Sounds like a nice night at DS! The dole whip froscato is high on my "want to try" list!

All of Jodi Picoult's books are so sad! I'll have to check out Mercy, I've never read that one before! Have you seen the Lifetime movie version of The Pact?! I've heard it's pretty cringey 😂

It's true! I thought that after I said that one was sad :rotfl: I've heard that The Pact had a Lifetime movie, and I wanted to see it. I'm not sure if it's available anywhere, but I got an offer for a free month of Lifetime Movie Club the other day and I was considering signing up while we're at home so maybe it's on there! I could imagine that being a very cringe-y movie in Lifetime's hands.

Aw oh no! I'm glad you felt better for your tour. I have stomach issues too sometimes when we go on vacation especially early on. I think it's because it's a lot more food than usual and it's heavier food? Idk, but I get indigestion badly sometimes.

I ended up LOVING FOP! Wow! I still love the ride and have ridden multiple times, but the first time riding was 100% the best. I felt dizzy during one part, but I muscled through it and it was so amazing! The smell on this ride is soooo good.

I'm so glad you decided to ride. I was kind of nervous too the first time because I get motion sickness, and I loved it too. I also got a tiny bit dizzy the first time, but the second time we rode it I felt fine. The scents/air and everything really helped.

I almost bought this crew-neck sweater, and still regret not buying it! :(

I had one of those at Disney! And I randomly found it like 6 months later on the ShopDisney app, and got it then.

Since it was vacation, I decided to have a bit of dessert before dinner. I headed over to the Ganachery to try something I had read about on the Disney Food Blog- their house-made S’Mores!

Ooo I've always wanted to try one of those.

I would love to a DisMeet with you!

I love the update! That All-American Sundae...goes I want one so badly right now!:love:

This was such a fun day, minus your upset stomach! I’m glad it went away quickly and you enjoyed the day!
I really want to try Wine Bar George, always really good reviews!

Oh and I LOVE the DC area, especially Alexandria!!
We love Old Town too though sadly we don't get over there nearly enough. My first condo was just outside of Old Town and in my 20's I spent a lot of nights there. So many good memories.

I burst into the bathroom and apologized quickly to Caroline before proceeding to throw up in the toilet next to her :crazy2:
Oh no!!! You poor thing.

Impressive. Looks like you rebounded quickly!

❤ ❤ ❤

I rode next to Liesa ( @Steppesister ), and she was so much fun to talk with :) I ended up LOVING FOP! Wow! I still love the ride and have ridden multiple times, but the first time riding was 100% the best. I felt dizzy during one part, but I muscled through it and it was so amazing! The smell on this ride is soooo good.
So happy to hear you loved this. I can get a little motion sickness too but FOP is so worth powering through it for

We entered the park over by the Plaza restaurant, which was sooo cool. Overall, one thing I really loved about this tour was seeing all of the backstage areas. When we passed behind Epcot, we got to see some of the Food and Wine booths back in storage and see some construction on the new Ratatouille ride! The Disney nerd in me was FREAKING OUT!
Besides just spending the day with you all missing the backstage stuff was what I was most bummed about. How cool to see Ratatouille being built

To our wonderful, amazing benefactor (who I got the pleasure to meet on this tour but shall remain anonymous)- THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS! It was truly the experience of a lifetime. When I found out 2 weeks before the trip that we were given the chance to take a VIP tour, I cried and cried out of excitement. It was the highlight of my trip, and I will never forget the amazing memories that were made. You are the BEST! :love2:
She certainly is amazing ❤ So thrilled you all got to experience this and almost a year later still not bitter at all :earboy2:

I already knew what I was going to order- a Dole Whip Froscato and the Charcuterie Board! I'm a Wisconsin girl, so a cheese board is my dream come true.

Looks like the perfect ending to a perfect day no matter how terrible it started. I may not be from Wisconsin but I'm a sucker for some cheese and of course dole whips!

Can you believe that 3 hours before this I was hunched over a toilet puking my guts out?!
I rode with Kelly ( @buzzrelly ), and we made a super girly pink car! Next on the list was Soarin’ Around the World.

I'm SO glad that you felt better quickly and were able to partake in all the fun!!

I'm so happy to hear this!! I still haven't gotten on FOP. I have been to WDW several times since it opened but I was chicken...and then when I wasn't chicken I couldn't get a FP for it and then...well I was supposed to go on it this March but well...we all know what happened so...that is one of the first things I hope to do whenever I can get back to WDW.

When we passed behind Epcot, we got to see some of the Food and Wine booths back in storage and see some construction on the new Ratatouille ride! The Disney nerd in me was FREAKING OUT!

I think this part would be the coolest for me too!! How amazing that you were able to do this!

I'm so jealous of your VIP tour! Such a once in a lifetime experience! I'm glad you felt better after your rough morning. I never had an interest in Wine Bar George, but in my old age (almost 25) I enjoy a good cheese board and glass of wine so much.

Such a good idea to ask everyone's favorites!
Favorite Disney Park: Epcot (I'm sorry MK)

Favorite Disney Resorts: Beach Club and Polynesian

Favorite Disney Movies: Peter Pan, Mulan, 101 Dalmations, Tangled, Heavyweights

Favorite Disney Song: I'll make a man out of you

Favorite Disney Characters: Peter Pan, Rapunzel, Tigger

Favorite Disney Restaurants: Homecomin', Earl of Sandwich, The Plaza, Via Napoli, Hollywood Brown Derby

Favorite Ride at Magic Kingdom: Peter Pan's Flight

Favorite Ride at Epcot: Soarin

Favorite Ride at Hollywood Studios: Rock n Rollercoaster

Favorite Ride at Animal Kingdom: Expedition Everest

Favorite Disney Snacks: Ganache from the Ganachery, Nutella waffle, Dole Whip, Mickey Rice crispy

If lost at Disney World.. Look for me at: Disney Springs

Ugh it stinks to not feel well on vacation but especially with people you're just meeting!

I'm glad you were able to power through and make it to the tour because it sounds like a great experience.

I love that All-American Sundae from the Plaza! I used to always get it before watching Wishes :love:

Oo I loved the Dole Whip froscato too (and I think it's better than a regular Dole whip lol)

Oh, no! You poor thing!

I power-walked over to Epcot (thank goodness for the YC’s great location), and managed to meet the group right in front of Test Track at about 8:30! I was so happy that I hadn’t missed anything on the tour.

Perfect timing!

Not at all. I think you mentioned it, but I never would have guessed!

I rode with Kelly ( @buzzrelly ), and we made a super girly pink car!

I don't care how fast it is, as long as it's pink ::yes::

It was also my first time seeing Toy Story Land, and I sent some pictures to my mom, since Toy Story is one of her favorite movies. It’s one of our favorite spots in WDW now!

Me too :love:

After our yummy lunch, we headed for Kilimanjaro Safaris. I usually love the slow-paced nature of this ride, but today, I was NOT feeling it! I think I was on an adrenaline high from being a VIP :laughing: We were all soooo giggly

Still the most fun safari I've ever been on :rotfl:

That looks yummy! 😋

After chatting with Karamie and her dad, we parted ways and I headed back to YC. By now, it was almost midnight,

Holy cow. Way to power through a day where you woke up vomiting!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter