An "I Miss You" PTR!! Summer/Fall/Winter 2020??- 2 DAYS AWAY- Updated 8/25!

Trip #2, Day 2- August 31st, 2019

Good morning from the Grand Floridian!

Today was going to be a long day at MK, so we allowed ourselves to sleep in a bit and have a slow morning. We weren’t planning on taking a midday break, so we were in it for the long haul! We all woke up around 8:00 AM.

It took a while to get ready this morning, since we had some extra special outfits planned for today! About 3 months before the trip, Haley was visiting Ryan’s family in Indiana, and Kahla mentioned to Haley that she wanted to “dress up like princesses in the parks one day”

2867B586-30C3-464A-BCD2-85822FC3E6BC.gif

Um, of course!! I had never tried Disney-bounding before, so I was very excited to try this! We all picked out our characters beforehand and searched for outfits to match. It was a fun little summer hobby! I chose Aurora, Haley chose Alice, Mom chose Tink, Carla chose Snow White, and Kahla chose Belle!

About a month and a half before the trip, I saw some character bows on Etsy and decided that these would be the perfect accent to our outfits! Look how cute these are!!

We were very excited to get all gussied up :cutie: All of us agreed that our first MK day would be the perfect day to wear our outfits. Haley and I got ready pretty quickly, but my Mom took FOREVER.

We took some fancy pictures on our balcony while we waited!

It was looking like a beautiful day so far!

You may remember on my past TRs that my mom is extremely pokey and will find 3428439038 extra things to do before leaving the room (rinse her mouth with mouthwash for the third time, wipe off the countertops, fold the dirty towels…). When Haley and I finally asked her how much longer it would be, she said, “All I need to do is put on my jewelry, so about 20 minutes?”

886F7BC9-F7E2-49A0-B5C6-3C1221FCCE67.gif

It takes you TWENTY MINUTES to put on jewelry?! Haley and I were like, “We’re leaving in 10, with or without you” ::yes::

Luckily, it did not take 20 minutes, and we were out of the room by 9:30 AM and off to find some breakfast!

One thing that we knew going into the trip was that our eating styles were going to be slightly changed this vacation! Usually, my mom and I are grab-and-go eaters and only do one TS meal a day at the most. We are snackers/grazers while in Disney and usually can’t be bothered to stop a lot and eat!

But, Haley, Carla, and Kahla like to take things a little more slow-paced than us and sit down to eat more. They especially are breakfast people and need food in their stomachs to take on a park, so we always made sure to have some sort of breakfast every morning before leaving the GF.

E399897A-63DE-4437-B379-0C71D9ECA56C.gif

Breakfast food is my favorite type of food, so I happily obliged with this :) I was actually intrigued to try out more TS restaurants this trip! It also fit into my new AP theme of “stop and smell the roses.”

For breakfast, we decided to eat at the Grand Floridian Cafe! Mom and I tried this in 2016 and loved it, so I was excited to be back!

Even though we didn’t have an ADR, we were sat down within 5 minutes!

I ordered a caramel blended frappe to drink; I remembered loving this in 2016. It was delicious and nice and cold!

I wasn’t super hungry at this point quite yet, so I decided on a lighter option. I ordered the Bananas Foster Steel-Cut Oatmeal.

This meal also came with a banana muffin! It was so yummy and a perfect pre-park meal with lots of carbs to keep me energized :laughing: The banana muffin was delicious, but I made sure to get some milk on the side for my oatmeal since I prefer my oatmeal nice and soupy! I also added some brown sugar since it wasn’t as sweet as I anticipated it.

Everyone else enjoyed their meals, and our server was super sweet as well. We will definitely be back to the Grand Floridian Cafe (very soon, in fact)! We stayed for about 45 minutes; we didn’t want to dilly-dally for too long, as we were all excited to go to Magic Kingdom!

We did take some pictures on the staircase in our cute outfits. But, sadly, the lighting was terrible, so I'm not going to share them :rotfl:

We took a quick monorail ride over and were walking up to the gates of Magic Kingdom at 11:00 AM!

We took TONS of photopass pictures in our Disneybound outfits!

The photopass photographer told us to act out our characters! :)

I was raring to go inside! It was such a sunny day and so hot!! I was already starting to sweat in my romper :crazy2:

More pictures!

Haley and I were also super artsy and decided to take some of these fancy photos!

After 74098290438 pictures, we FINALLY headed off to a ride! I think that the moms would have spontaneously combusted if we took any more pictures :laughing: Hey, that’s the beauty of a girl’s trip!

We headed straight off to our first fastpass of the day, Splash Mountain! Ahhh, my fave!

We stopped in the dump shop on the way out. I almost bought another tee shirt, since the one I bought in 2016 has shrunk quite a bit (well, or maybe I grew ::yes:: ), but I didn’t find anything that I liked. Kahla and Haley found a Mickey Mouse golf hat that they thought would be perfect for both Ryan and Kahla’s boyfriend, Tony!

They both bought the same hat using my AP discount, but had separate transactions and different CMs checking them out. Both sent them to the GF so that we wouldn’t have to carry the hats around all day. Kahla’s CM mentioned that she was a brand new to the college program and that this was her first time sending a purchase back to a resort. You’ll see later in the TR why I’m being so specific about this ;)

The line for BTMRR was only about 15 minutes, so we rode that next! Then, we headed on over to Adventureland.

I love this land so much! The music and ambiance is so fun and reminds me a lot of the Poly.

We rode the Magic Carpets of Aladdin first, then headed over to Pirates of the Caribbean! The lines were so insanely short today, especially considering that this was the Saturday of Labor Day weekend.

Everyone was really excited for Pirates, it’s definitely a fave! I made sure to check out our photopass photo, because I was the only one who knew about the new camera.

We literally laughed for 5 minutes when we saw the photo. LOOK. AT. OUR. FACES.

Don’t we look so excited to be there?! My mom’s face especially was hilarious; she looks absolutely disgusted! :rotfl:

After Pirates, we took a bathroom break. I really started to feel the heat at this point; I had to splash my face and the back of my neck with cold water!

We made our way over to Tomorrowland by way of the hub for our next fast pass, Space Mountain!

We had a little bit of time, so I insisted that we take a spin on the People Mover first :) Carla and Kahla had never been on this before, and this needed to be righted immediately!! We all squeezed into one vehicle so we could ride together.

Carla and Kahla loved it and deemed it a must-do! Then, it was time to ride Space Mountain. This is Haley’s favorite so she was pumped!

I love looking around in the Space Mountain gift shop. There are so many cool things in here! I was really tempted to buy a new “Arendelle Aqua” Magic Band, but I resisted since I had just bought the Millenial Pink band for my May trip.

Since the lines were so short, we figured we’d ride Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin to finish off the Tomorrowland trifecta!

It was all fun and games, until I realized that my gun was NOT functioning properly no matter how hard I pushed the button! I ended up with this horrifying score!!

BOO.

We were getting a little hungry; it was about 2:30 PM at this point but we didn’t want to have a full meal since we had a special ADR planned for 5:00! So, we split off and got some snacks to hold us over. Carla and Kahla jogged off to Adventureland to try the cheeseburger spring rolls (they gave two thumbs up), Mom and Haley got a cinnamon cream cheese pretzel and some frozen Cokes from the Lunching Pad, and I got a Wonderland slushy from Chesire Cafe!

My slushy was delicious and refreshing in the heat, but super sickly sweet with the candy straw.

My mom wanted me to get a picture of her in her Tinkerbell costume to send to her friend, so she posed all cute with her slushy :)

Her outfit was super matchy today because she was also wearing her Tink Alex and Ani bracelet! Mom loves these bracelets and gets a new one every trip.

Then, we met Carla and Kahla over by the hub to catch some of the Festival of Fantasy Parade! No pictures of the parade, but Maleficent did not blow any fire which I appreciated. It was sooo hot!

After the parade, we hightailed it over to Fantasyland for our final fastpass- 7 Dwarves Mine Train!

It was about an hour and a half until our ADR time, so we decided to stay close to where we would need to be. We looked in all of the cute shops near Belle’s castle! Kahla and Carla shared a LeFou’s brew since they hadn’t had any slushies like the rest of us. While in the shops, I managed to get us a FP for Peter Pan’s Flight for after dinner! I looove Labor Day crowds :)

We also rode Journey of the Little Mermaid and It’s a Small World!

We had just about enough time for one more ride before dinner, so we headed off to do my mom’s all-time favorite, Haunted Mansion! The line was only about 20 minutes, so not bad at all!

Another instance of me being the only one knowing where the ride photo is, haha! In our Epic Girl’s Trip Facebook group, we have a running joke where we post “awkward HM photopass pictures.” This definitely made the cut!!

We stopped briefly in Memento Mori to look around, the stuff in here is so cool! FINALLY, it was time to head back to New Fantasyland for our long-awaited ADR…

Be Our Guest dinner!!

We were so excited for our fancy dinner in our princess outfits! When I was making dinner ADRs, this was Carla and Kahla’s number one request. All of us had all been here for lunch multiple times, but we really wanted to try out the dinner!

We were seated pretty soon upon arrival at 5:00 and were notified that we would meet the Beast after dinner! The hostess led us to the rose room, and I made a face :crazy2: I had eaten in this room the last few times at BOG, and I had really wanted to sit in the ballroom. But, y’all know me and my issues with confrontation.

Carla noticed this right away, and politely asked the CM if we could sit in the ballroom :) She said “of course,” and led us to a table right in the middle! Woohoo!

Our server was absolutely wonderful tonight. Of course, I totally forgot her name, but she was so attentive and sweet. We ordered some wine for the table- one bottle of Moscato and one bottle of Pinot Grigio.

This meal is a three-course meal, where you pick an appetizer and an entree, and then you get a dessert sampler! For my appetizer, I chose the cheese plate, and for my entree, I chose the Poulet Rouge Chicken with potatoes and veggies. Everybody else ordered the French onion soup for their appetizer, and I was very tempted to as well since I’ve had it before and loved it! But, sometimes onions bother my stomach, and I didn’t want to risk feeling nauseous.

As we were enjoying our wine, the lights dimmed and we heard a big musical fanfare! We all got so excited, expecting some big production, but the Beast just came out, did a 20-second lap around the restaurant, and disappeared again. He looked like Sasquatch awkwardly walking through the restaurant!

C53B9ED6-853A-48D8-8206-F041256E6CFB.gif

We were laughing because it seemed way too dramatic for literally nothing :rotfl:

Soon enough, our appetizers came! My cheese plate was good, but I was having serious food envy about everyone else’s soup. My mom let me have a few spoonfuls, haha!

I don’t have a picture of my appetizer or main meal since it was so dark in the restaurant! But my food was very good. It was a little more basic from what I am used to for a “2-credit” meal, but it filled me up! Everybody seemed to like their main dishes as well. This meal was paced nice and slow, which is one thing that I like about these fancier meals in WDW. We were in BOG for almost two hours!

I DID take a picture of my lovely dessert platter (clearly, you guys know my priorities ::yes::)

Sorry about the awkward sideways photo! From bottom to top; a raspberry macaron, a white chocolate Chip cup filled with the “grey stuff”, and a dark chocolate truffle.

YUM! These were definitely the highlight of the meal. Everything on the plate was edible, even the decorative paper below the desserts! My favorite dessert was definitely the white chocolate and grey stuff combination! The others thought that the desserts were too rich and couldn’t finish them, so I happily finished their scraps :)

We were all stuffed by now, but we had one last stop- we had to meet the Beast!

Good picture, but it would have been better if there wasn’t a giant shadow across my face :rolleyes:

Since Kahla was all dressed up as Belle, we had to get a bunch of pictures with just her!!

These interactions were sooooo cute! The Beast was such a gentleman.

We were all so full, but very satisfied with our dinner. Would we be back to BOG soon? Yes, but not for dinner. We prefer lunch since the food is cheaper, but you still get the cool ambiance of dining in the castle. However, it was so fun to get to experience dinner here!

Our fast pass for Peter Pan’s Flight was valid, so we rode that as soon as we left dinner! I was so excited to finally take a ride through Neverland.

It was 7:30ish by now, and Happily Ever After was showing at 9:00 PM tonight. We decided to stay close to Main Street USA and do some shopping while we waited to scope out a spot!!

Haley, Kahla, and I went to Starbucks to get our caffeine fix. They both got coffee and I got a Strawberry Acai Refresher. This is one of my favorite things to drink in WDW because it’s not as heavy as coffee but it still gives you a little jolt of energy!

We browsed around Crystal Arts, Uptown Jewelers, The Art of Disney, and all of the Emporium shops to look for souvenirs. We were all looking for some cute Minnie ears to wear!! I was so torn with this- I have a pair of rose gold ears and a pair of buffalo plaid Christmas ears, but I really am not a huge fan of ears because they hurt my head so bad! Although my Christmas ears are furry and less tight on your head; those are the only pair I can wear for extended periods of time!

I was between the potion purple pair and the blue polka-dotted vintage pair with the daisy coming out of the top, but I couldn’t pull the trigger so I bought neither :)

Haley and Kahla did end up buying some super cute ears! Haley bought the Small World pair and Kahla bought a silver and gold pair with Cinderella’s castle in the middle. We also took note of souvenirs we were thinking of buying later in the trip! I personally don’t really buy souvenirs until the last few days of the trip; I like to peruse all of my options in each park and see which items I keep thinking about as the days pass!

It was nearing 8:30, so we decided to make our way over to the castle and stake out a spot. We spotted a photopass photographer on the way!

I love this picture of all of us so much! We would have had it framed, except we wished the photographer would have noticed that my head was covering Carla’s mouth!

We had no problem finding a spot at all; pretty expected for the insanely low crowds we were experiencing so far!

We made some fun chit-chat with the people next to us about our Disney bounds. That was one thing I really noticed about doing the Disney bounding; we had so many people coming up to us or complimenting us on our outfits and bows throughout the day! It was a great ego boost :laughing:

Pretty soon, the show started! No pictures of the fireworks, but it was lovely as always :) This was my mom and Haley’s first time seeing HEA (we had planned on seeing it in 2017 before Irma ruined our plans)! They both LOVED it! I knew they would; my mom is a huge fan of castle projections and Haley really enjoyed all of the obscure Disney music.

I didn’t cry this time, I think I was so focused on making sure my mom and Haley enjoyed it :rotfl: I probably looked like this while watching them during the entire show.

E372D449-C4EA-4694-B91B-E617FB982618.gif

Carla and Kahla were pretty tired, and it was still super hot outside (especially while packed in tight watching the fireworks), so they decided to head out with the masses. We hugged goodbye and said that we would be heading back to the GF soon as well!

Mom, Haley, and I finished up some shopping at the Emporium. Unlike me, Haley decided that tonight would be her souvenir night, and she bought ALL of the things!! She had wanted to wait until the last second so that she could just carry her purchases back instead of sending it to the hotel.

I can’t remember what she all bought, but I know that she bought lots of stuff for her and Ryan’s Labradoodle puppy, Birdie, like a dog collar and food/water dishes. I want to say that she also bought some kitchen towels, appetizer plates, a keychain, a picture frame, and some magnets. Luckily, she got to use my AP discount so she got a nice deal on everything!

I never had a problem using my AP discount for others; the CMs pretty much told me straight up that they can never say “no” to a guest unless it’s dangerous or strictly against company policy :laughing: The only places where I had issues using my discount were some TS restaurants- I guess there is a rule where you can only use the food discount for the AP member + 3 others.

I did end up buying one small souvenir- a Princess mystery pin pack!

I used to be obsessed with these a few years ago and buy a new pin every day, but I soon realized that it was kind of a lot of money to spend on something I’d just hang up on my bulletin board :) I’ll usually buy just 1 pin/pin pack per trip now and only buy a pin if it really stands out to me!

We made one last stop at the Confectionary for some treats! We figured we could keep our treats in our mini fridge and eat them throughout the week. We each bought a chocolate-covered pineapple spear, Mom bought a caramel apple, Mom and Haley bought Mickey chocolate chip cookies, and I bought a vanilla cake pop and a giant Mickey peanut butter cup! You can never trust us in the Confectionary; ever since we were little and going on trips as a family, we would always buy out the place ;)

It was nearing 10:30, and we were definitely beat! We took the boat back to the GF and were back in the room by 10:45. Carla and Kahla came over from their connecting room and we discussed plans for our Epcot day tomorrow. The decision was pretty unanimous- sleep in! We said our goodnights and showered up.

We turned on the TV and got our Dorian update. The path was still very inconclusive and changing by the hour! This was doing nothing to calm our nerves, shockingly :rotfl: Finally, I ordered that we turn off the news and turn on TLC- a much more girl’s trip-friendly option!

We watched some TV and wound down for the night. I opened my pin pack that I had bought at MK and I got Tiana and Jasmine! I also enjoyed my cute Halloween vanilla cake pop for dessert :love:

We all hit the sack at 11:45 PM. See you tomorrow, Epcot!

Last edited:
Despite the service, my Mickey waffles were delicious as always! I filled up my refillable mug with coffee.

Mickey waffles make up for the bad service! and the kid size portion is the perfect size!

The CM brought the manager over, and they both apologized and said that they would ship an identical order to my house right away. This actually worked out a lot better, since I didn’t have to worry about transporting these souvenirs with my carry-ons! Win for everyone :) My order did end up arriving about 5 days after I came home!!

This is so strange, how could that have even happened? At least it worked out better in the end!

Unfortunately, this is not a menu choice at the walk-up window. However, after using my best manners and asking very sweetly if I could please have a small version of the No Way Jose, the CM at the counter said…

“Of course we can do that, princess”

That's a win! And perfect for you and your love of peanut butter.

The day before we left, Mom and I went on a shopping spree and packed an extra checked bag full of hurricane provisions in case we were stuck in the room this trip; lots of snacks, fun face masks, bath bombs, and nail polish! :cutie:

What a fun idea!

Pretty much my entire family has accepted me as the “Disney connoisseur” and enjoys that I make all of the plans so they don’t have to worry about anything. Of course, I embrace that role wholeheartedly ::yes::

Twins!

Just "no." No explanation or anything?? I was surprised, since it is pretty commonplace for the GF to use golf carts to bring guests to their room after check in. We politely asked why, and she said that she had to use it for something else at the moment.

...Ok… We asked if she could call someone to get us in about 20 minutes or so. But no, she said that the earliest that someone could cart us to our room would be in an hour and a half.

What a non-Disney interaction, geez.

48983318831_0a191836cc_c.jpg

That's a fantastic view! I do love a good pool view, as well.

And… we literally walked through the entire line without stopping and got on the ride in 3 minutes.

Wow, I can't even imagine this..

she was so shocked and flat out said “I HATE my in-laws”

:rotfl2:

The burger had bacon, cheddar cheese, crispy onions, fried jalapenos, and BBQ sauce on it!

Mmm this burger is so good!

(she always says that RnRc is too rickety)!

Agreed! But the launch is so fun.

I had never tried Disney-bounding before, so I was very excited to try this!

I'm super surprised you'd never tried it before this trip!

But you guys nailed the DisneyBounds! Soooo cute!

Me too, it's perfect, right down to the song!

I have a pair of rose gold ears

I have those too and I've never worn them because they're too tight and the sequins snag my hair!

You all looked so cute in your outfits and bows. I have trouble wearing ears also. I really love all the different styles of ears, but they make my head hurt after awhile.

You're too funny not sharing the camera location on Pirates!

I've only had breakfast and lunch at Be Our Guest and I think I'll stick with those also.

That's so sweet that you watched your mom and sister's reactions to HEA.

I'm guessing Kahla's hat did not make it to the GF.

Loving your girls trip! I seriously cannot believe the crowds before the Hurricane. We were just there 2 weeks prior and it was more crowded than we ever remembered in August. We decided if another hurricane starts to heard towards Orlando we are jumping in the car and driving down!! I'll risk a hurricane for crowds like that.

Yes, 3 menu items (at least in May 2019)... super strange considering you are usually paying $350+ a night for the BC... although the Boardwalk/Epcot is right there you'd think they would have more adult options! But I digress... ;)

Strange for sure!!

It takes you TWENTY MINUTES to put on jewelry?! Haley and I were like, “We’re leaving in 10, with or without you” ::yes::

The only appropriate way to handle this. I did that to my kids multiple times and had to follow through on occasion too.

But, Haley, Carla, and Kahla like to take things a little more slow-paced than us and sit down to eat more. They especially are breakfast people and need food in their stomachs to take on a park, so we always made sure to have some sort of breakfast every morning before leaving the GF.

I hope this worked out for you girls! Sometimes that disparity in touring styles can really get you into trouble!

It also fit into my new AP theme of “stop and smell the roses.”

And I doubt you were sorry!

Awww, super cute!

Kahla’s CM mentioned that she was a brand new to the college program and that this was her first time sending a purchase back to a resort. You’ll see later in the TR why I’m being so specific about this ;)

Du, du, duuuuuuhhnnnn....

The lines were so insanely short today, especially considering that this was the Saturday of Labor Day weekend.

Awesome perk for you ladies!!
It was all fun and games, until I realized that my gun was NOT functioning properly no matter how hard I pushed the button! I ended up with this horrifying score!!

Too funny! Bummer but looking back that IS horrendous!

Carla noticed this right away, and politely asked the CM if we could sit in the ballroom :) She said “of course,” and led us to a table right in the middle! Woohoo!

YAY for Carla!! Good for her for making a polite request!

We were laughing because it seemed way too dramatic for literally nothing :rotfl:

:laughing:

We made some fun chit-chat with the people next to us about our Disney bounds. That was one thing I really noticed about doing the Disney bounding; we had so many people coming up to us or complimenting us on our outfits and bows throughout the day! It was a great ego boost :laughing:
I really enjoyed all of the complements and fun chatter when I did a trip of Bounding in 2016. Loads of fun!!

I have missed the DIS so much. To my defense, I am quite a busy lady, but I guess it takes a pandemic to show you what you miss when life comes to a screeching halt! It feels so right coming back here to talk with everyone and write about my Disney adventures!
I feel the same way! My last PTR was in 2017 but with Everything going on I have been reading ALL the TR‘s to get my fix! Literally binged this thread tonight. It’s become my nightly ritual rading all the TR in this non-Disney era.

My family has always been huge travelers, and my parents always loved taking us to WDW. On our first trip, I was only 6 years old! It was a whirlwind and slightly overwhelming as a little one, but with each trip, my love for WDW gets stronger and stronger. My mom jokes around and says that she’s created a monster ::yes::
lLiterally Me in a nutshell :rotfl2:

Favorite Disney Park
Magic Kingdom or Hollywood Studios
Favorite Disney Resorts
Polynesian and Wilderness Lodge/Copper Creek
Favorite Disney Movies
Tangled
Favorite Disney Song
Touch the Sky from Brave
Favorite Disney Characters
Rapunzel, Tiana, Donald, really any of them
Favorite Disney Restaurants
Ohana’, Whispering Canyon, Casey’s Corner
Favorite Ride at Magic Kingdom
Splash Mountain
Favorite Ride at Epcot
Soarin
Favorite Ride at Hollywood Studios
Slinky Dog
Favorite Ride at Animal Kingdom
Everest
Favorite Disney Snacks
Rice Krispie Treats, Cake Pops, LeFou’s Brew, Popcorn, corn on the cob at AK
If lost at Disney World.. Look for me at:
Main Street USA

My name is Molly, and I’m 25 years old. I’ve lived in chilly Wisconsin my entire life (but I’m not a fan of beer or fish fry :crazy2:)
Hi! :wave: Whitney here.

I was so excited about this. I really started to get into Disney during and after our 2002 trip. When we planned our next trip for May 2005, I was EXTREMELY involved and invested in the planning. I watched the Travel Channel constantly and I loved the Disney World specials! I literally thought that I would become Samantha Brown when I grew up #lifegoals.
Ahhhh Samantha Brown!! I literally wanted to be her after watching the special she did on WL back in the day on Great Hotels.

Someday, when I have a family of my own, I’m sure I’ll end up buying into DVC in some way. DVC members- tell me all about it!! Pros, cons, everything!
I purchased DVC on a whim in 2018 and haven’t looked back since. My husband is NOT a Disney fan whatsoever. He has gone with me twice And vows to never return. I did the math after I got home and figured even as a solo traveler it was well worth it for me seeing the rising cost of Disney and the benefits I would receive. The trip I did the DVC tour on was a solo trip in May where I was staying at Pop Century along with what seemed like every high school in America. I jokingly tell my DVC rep he could've sold me a tiny closet in the basement of the WL and I wouldn’t have cared. I hated everything about staying at Pop that week and couldn’t envision myself staying there forever. Granted I love the value resorts but hated it that week. I bought a small amount of points since it was just me but I plan on adding more in the future when the timing is right. All of that to say I totally don't regret purchasing points on my own and not having a family to go with. I have extended family, friends etc that travel with me at times so I just invite them to stay with me!

Anywho... could’ve quoted tons more but I’m enjoying reading your mini TRs to fill in the Disney Gap!

Mickey waffles make up for the bad service! and the kid size portion is the perfect size!

This is so strange, how could that have even happened? At least it worked out better in the end!

That's a win! And perfect for you and your love of peanut butter.

What a fun idea!

Twins!

What a non-Disney interaction, geez.

That's a fantastic view! I do love a good pool view, as well.

Wow, I can't even imagine this..

:rotfl2:

Mmm this burger is so good!

Agreed! But the launch is so fun.

I'm super surprised you'd never tried it before this trip!

But you guys nailed the DisneyBounds! Soooo cute!

Me too, it's perfect, right down to the song!

I have those too and I've never worn them because they're too tight and the sequins snag my hair!

The order situation was super strange, I still scratch my head at it today! At least the CM was just as confused as I was; if she was totally casual about the whole thing I would have been doubly weirded out, haha!

I loved doing the Disneybounds so much- I had no idea why I hadn't before today since that is something totally up my alley! But, one day was perfect; I'm a perfectionist so I think it would have taken WAY too much time and energy to plan outfits for multiple days :rotfl:

Miss you, twin! I hope that you are doing well and staying healthy throughout everything ❤

You all looked so cute in your outfits and bows. I have trouble wearing ears also. I really love all the different styles of ears, but they make my head hurt after awhile.

You're too funny not sharing the camera location on Pirates!

I've only had breakfast and lunch at Be Our Guest and I think I'll stick with those also.

That's so sweet that you watched your mom and sister's reactions to HEA.

I'm guessing Kahla's hat did not make it to the GF.

Thank you!! Yes, the ears are so uncomfortable, which is such a shame because I love how they look! Maybe I'll just get more bows and that will be a good replacement for the ears :) I got them off Etsy and there are so many different options/characters you can find!

Haha, something I love about going to Disney with others is watching people's reactions, since I'm almost always the more experienced traveler. I love seeing Disney through a newbie's eyes :)

You guessed correctly.... although the story won't come until later in the week ;)

Loving your girls trip! I seriously cannot believe the crowds before the Hurricane. We were just there 2 weeks prior and it was more crowded than we ever remembered in August. We decided if another hurricane starts to heard towards Orlando we are jumping in the car and driving down!! I'll risk a hurricane for crowds like that.

Hi Kari!! Good to see you :) I have been absolutely BINGING your dining reports and I love them so much! It is so cool watching Casey grow up!

Haha, that is a risky but actually very good decision! Both of our hurricane experiences were overwhelmingly fun and positive, and the crowds were crazy low!! Plus, Disney is the safest place in America, so we never felt any nerves ::yes::

Sounds like an awesome day from start to finish! Your disneybounds all looked so cute!!

Thank you!! :) It was a jam-packed but super fun first full day!!

Molly, your Disney bounding outfits were adorable. You all did such a great job!!!!!

Thanks so much Jenny :) It was so much fun to do and something I'll definitely do again the future! I have many ideas... ;)

Strange for sure!!

The only appropriate way to handle this. I did that to my kids multiple times and had to follow through on occasion too.

I hope this worked out for you girls! Sometimes that disparity in touring styles can really get you into trouble!

And I doubt you were sorry!

Awww, super cute!

Du, du, duuuuuuhhnnnn....

Awesome perk for you ladies!!

Too funny! Bummer but looking back that IS horrendous!

YAY for Carla!! Good for her for making a polite request!

I really enjoyed all of the complements and fun chatter when I did a trip of Bounding in 2016. Loads of fun!!

Haha, my mom has always been pokey and it drives me NUTS! I am super picky about time and I am always on time to the minute! Whereas in middle and high school, my friends would always tease me because I'd always be the last one waiting after cheerleading practice for my mom to come and pick me up :laughing:

Traveling with Carla and Kahla was such a blast. The difference in touring styles really didn't affect anything! It was super nice because we were there for 6 nights/7 full days so we had so much time to get everything we wanted accomplished. Plus, we are all pretty similar personality-wise so it was so much fun! I feel like our Epic TR was the perfect practice for being flexible, with 30 people's plans to keep track of :rotfl:

I loved doing the Disney bounds so much! They were a conversation starter and we really love talking to other guests at WDW.

Hope you're doing well, I've been thinking of you and I hope that you are not too stressed with work and such ❤

I feel the same way! My last PTR was in 2017 but with Everything going on I have been reading ALL the TR‘s to get my fix! Literally binged this thread tonight. It’s become my nightly ritual rading all the TR in this non-Disney era.

lLiterally Me in a nutshell :rotfl2:

Hi! :wave: Whitney here.

Ahhhh Samantha Brown!! I literally wanted to be her after watching the special she did on WL back in the day on Great Hotels.

I purchased DVC on a whim in 2018 and haven’t looked back since. My husband is NOT a Disney fan whatsoever. He has gone with me twice And vows to never return. I did the math after I got home and figured even as a solo traveler it was well worth it for me seeing the rising cost of Disney and the benefits I would receive. The trip I did the DVC tour on was a solo trip in May where I was staying at Pop Century along with what seemed like every high school in America. I jokingly tell my DVC rep he could've sold me a tiny closet in the basement of the WL and I wouldn’t have cared. I hated everything about staying at Pop that week and couldn’t envision myself staying there forever. Granted I love the value resorts but hated it that week. I bought a small amount of points since it was just me but I plan on adding more in the future when the timing is right. All of that to say I totally don't regret purchasing points on my own and not having a family to go with. I have extended family, friends etc that travel with me at times so I just invite them to stay with me!

Anywho... could’ve quoted tons more but I’m enjoying reading your mini TRs to fill in the Disney Gap!

Hi Whitney and thanks so much for reading!! Glad to have you :) I have been binging the DIS as well; this is definitely helping me get along since it will probably be a while before I am back in WDW again!!

Love your favorites list! I definitely need to check out the WL, I haven't stayed there yet! My mom is always hesitant to stay there because we live in Wisconsin, and she thinks the theming would be too similar to what we see up north.

YES! Samantha Brown (and Stacey) have my dream jobs!

Thanks for the tidbits on DVC! I totally agree with you about the Value resorts. I feel like such a snot but I really really do not like them. They are just too crowded and chaotic, and since the parks can be that way, I need my hotel to be relaxing and calm!! You even see such a difference in calmness just between Value and Moderate hotels. I did one night at Pop back in January, and that was plenty for me. I could not wait to move over to Riviera!!

Trip #2, Day 3- September 1st, 2019

Good morning from WDW!! It was only day 3 of our 7-day trip, but we were so beat from our marathon first few days! Carla texted us that she was starting to get a migraine, and we told her to make sure to take it slow and that we were flexible with plans! There’s nothing worse than being sick in Disney!

I’m going to warn you all ahead of time; I don’t have many pictures from this day. There is always a day on a Disney trip that is your least favorite (don’t lie to me, peeps ::yes:: ), and this day was definitely the day for Mom, Haley, and me (Carla and Kahla were wonderful).

For some reason, Haley and I were really at each other’s throats this day. Haley and I get along great for the most part, but we are polar opposites personality-wise and can be prone to bickering. Also, the stress and uncertainty of Dorian just came at a head and really got to the three of us. There was about an hour period this day where Mom didn’t talk to either of us ;) But we’ll get to that later!

650EDF8B-3E6C-40FF-887A-9A46263339BA.gif

We all slept in until about 9:15 AM and took our time getting ready. We were out of the room and off to breakfast by 10:15 AM. Carla was starting to feel better after some coffee and medicine, so she joined us!

Carla and Kahla loved the Grand Floridian Cafe so much yesterday, that they wanted to come back for breakfast today! We had an ADR for Via Napoli at 2:05 PM, and I was a bit worried that none of us would be hungry for lunch. So, I decided that I would order something lighter.

We didn’t get the same server as yesterday, but we got another very nice CM. The Grand Floridian Cafe has consistently great service!

To eat, I ordered a blended frappe (vanilla flavored this time) and the kid’s Mickey pancake with a side of chicken sausage!

I LOVED the sprinkles on this, so cute! This pancake was still decently sized for breakfast and actually very yummy and fluffy. I find that kid’s meals are the perfect size for me; I don’t like to eat anything too heavy while walking in the heat. I ate this all up!

During breakfast, we noticed that Carla was starting to fade :( She ordered bacon and eggs, but pretty much realized as soon as she ordered that her migraine was still not going away. So, she took her food to-go as soon it came and decided to head back to the room to try and rest. We felt so bad!! We told her to keep us posted and that we wouldn’t leave without her. We had a fastpass for Spaceship Earth booked from 11:00-12:00, but I was able to change it to 5:30-6:30 no problem!

We all finished our meals and paid, and we were out of the Grand Floridian Cafe by 11:00. The Grand Floridian Cafe is great, but I don’t have a burning desire to be back anytime super soon. There are so many other fun restaurants in WDW! But, it is a very convenient and cheaper option if you’re staying at the GF.

Kahla decided to go back to the room to check on Carla, while Mom, Haley, and I peeked around the gift shops and wandered about the resort. The GF is a perfect place to wander; this resort is so beautiful! I so wished that the band was playing this morning.

Luckily, Kahla texted us at 11:45 that Carla’s power nap worked and she was feeling 100% better! WAHOO! :banana:They met us in the lobby and we monorailed off to Epcot!

We made it to Epcot at 12:30 PM!

Everyone was super excited to be at Epcot, especially our resident wine aficionados Carla and Haley, since the Food and Wine Festival was going on!

We had a fastpass for Soarin’ that expired at 12:50 PM, so we booked it over to the Land pavilion!

I love this area of Epcot so much, it’s actually one of my favorite areas in WDW! I’ll be so sad if they ever change this. It feels very nostalgic!

We had a lovely ride on Soarin’! My mom always talks about that she expected it to be a kiddie ride when this first opened, and she was so pleasantly surprised when we rode it! It’s a family favorite!

Our fastpass for Living with the Land started right at 12:50, so we got some bottled water from Sunshine Seasons and headed on over!

Everyone else in my family thinks this ride is boring; my mom sometimes falls asleep! But I love Living with the Land :) It’s so calming and I love the music so much- especially the beginning song and "Listen to the Land!"

After our ride on Living with the Land, we headed out of the Land pavilion. We had less than an hour until our 2:10 ADR at Via Napoli, and like I anticipated, NONE of us were hungry :rolleyes: We didn’t want to eat too late tonight, since we had the Frozen Ever After IllumiNations Dessert Party booked for tonight! We figured that an early dinner at around 5:00 would be a perfect replacement time.

I got on the MDE app to change our reservation. I figured it wouldn’t be a problem, since the crowds were so low. But, I literally couldn’t find ANY other time for Via Napoli?! It kept saying that no times were available and all reservations were booked!

I called the restaurant’s phone number to see if I could change it, but I was put on hold right away. I was on hold for about 15 minutes when I started to get a little nervous; it was inching closer to 2:05 and I really didn’t want to be charged for a no-show!

My lovely mom decided to take one for the team and walk on over to Via Napoli to change the ADR in-person. :) She didn’t seem to mind at all since she loves to walk! She was super go with the flow and was like “Don’t sit around waiting for me, ride or do whatever you’d like!”

After she left, we decided that riding the Seas with Nemo and Friends and looking at the fish would pass the time nicely! The wait was only about 10 minutes. My mom is pretty indifferent about this ride, so I knew that she wouldn’t mind.

It ended up being perfect timing; we got a text after looking at the fish for a while that my Mom was over by the Land! She was able to change our ADR to 4:45 PM, which was absolutely perfect and gave us plenty of time!

She asked what we did while she was gone, and when I told her, she was like, “YOU RODE NEMO WITHOUT ME?!”

675EC8A7-60A1-4FA1-A4C5-48C231204E42.gif

I reminded my mom that this is probably her least favorite ride in Epcot. To which she responded, “No, the Three Caballeros ride is my least favorite!” :laughing:

Since we were in the area, we decided to ride Journey into Imagination with Figment! This is one beautiful thing about going during a no-crowd time; you are able to take over parks one area at a time instead of bouncing around the park to whichever line is the shortest/wherever you have a fastpass!

I don’t think Carla and Kahla had ever ridden Figment before, and they were what I can only call “pleasantly confused”

71AE8DA9-0019-4F49-A521-8CAE87B4B7AE.gif

After our fun ride, we had pretty much accomplished what we wanted to do in Future World for now! We were hoping to ride a few more rides after dinner. We were itching to share some snacks from Food and Wine! Emphasis on the SHARE since we had dinner at Via Napoli coming up in 2 hours!

I didn’t take ANY pictures of our snacks. So, I will be relying on Google images for my pictures :thumbsup2

Also, don’t crucify me for this, but after attending all four festivals, I have realized that Food and Wine is definitely my least favorite Epcot festival. Not to say that it’s not good, but the food options just don’t appeal to me as much! I am not a big fan of wine, and most of the options here are savory and don’t satisfy my sweet tooth!

As far as Epcot festivals go, I’d say my order from favorite to least favorite is:

1. Flower and Garden Festival
2. Festival of the Arts
3. Festival of the Holidays
4. Food and Wine Festival

What’s your ranking?? Let me know in the comments!

We started off at the first booth we saw coming out of Future World; Hawai’i!

Mom, Haley, and I split two Kalua Pork Sliders with sweet and sour Dole pineapple chutney and spicy mayonnaise!

I had read so much about this on the DIS and knew that I needed to try it! This was sooo yummy. I love sweet and spicy combinations and this hit the spot! I almost wanted to get another one for mysel, but resisted :)

This was my favorite food item of the day (but to be fair, we didn’t really get too much from F & W this trip). If I would have done things differently, I would have cancelled our ADR for Via Napoli altogether and just snacked around WS before our dessert party!

It was super hot and sunny outside, and we all wanted something to drink! So, we split off.

Kahla, Carla, and my Mom moved ahead to the France booth. Carla and Kahla got some wine and my mom got the Gran Marnier Orange Slushy! Mom liked this, but it was a little meager for the $11 she paid.

While the others got their drinks, Haley and I stopped in the Appleseed Orchard pavilion. This pavilion was really cool and looked like we were really on a farm! Haley got a cider beer, and I decided to try the Frozen Apple Pie!

Holy moly, this was delicious! It was basically an apple juice slushy with cinnamon and sugar mixed in, and there were crumbles of apple pie crust sprinkled on the top! But, it wasn’t like the cheap Mott’s apple juice; it tasted like freshly juiced Macintosh apples! I love apple pie, and it was a perfect dessert but so refreshing since it was super hot and humid outside. It was great to sip on while walking around WS! I really wish that they had this year-round.

I had a really weird CM experience here. They didn’t give me a straw for my slushy, and when I went outside by the napkins, there were no straws left. I asked a younger CP CM where the straws were, and he literally looked at the container and said, “Hmmm, I guess they’re all gone.”

Then he looked right at me with this snarky little grin and said “Save the turtles!”

32D17E2C-3D11-4D3D-8D78-01A840DFDB38.gif

Um, don’t come at me with your sass, boy. I DO NOT appreciate being straw-shamed!

So, I had to go straw-less. It was kind of weird, I had never had a CM be so snarky to me before! I kind of wanted to complain, but I didn’t want to be a “Karen” so I just moved on :rotfl:

While sipping on our drinks, we looked over in all of the shops near the International Gateway. Some of our favorite shops have always been in the England pavilion; we find the best souvenirs there! I looked for my beloved Cadbury Creme Egg cookies but couldn’t find any :( But, my mom got her favorite perfume from the perfume pop-up shop in England! I can’t remember the brand, but it’s called “English Daisy” and she loves it!

We rounded over to Japan to get some more snacks! Haley and I shared a Teriyaki Chicken Bun.

This was really yummy! I love how soft the bun gets when it’s steamed. After our quick snack, we looked around in Mitsukoshi. This is #1 for my favorite shop in WS. I could spend hours in here! Kahla loves this store too, we were geeking out over all of the Studio Ghibli merchandise!

I almost bought some gummies to take back with me, but decided last minute to get a snack that I had always wanted to try- Mochi ice cream! For those who don't know what mochi is, it is essentially ice cream wrapped in a sweet, dough-like consistency

They had a lot of flavors to choose from, but I chose strawberry.

OMG it was delicious. It tasted like a strawberry milkshake! I especially loved the soft outer coating; it almost reminded me of a fruit roll-up! Everybody was very hesitant to try it and saying “Ew, it looks too sweet.. I don’t know.” But, I forced them to share with me, since it came with 6 pieces and I definitely couldn’t finish them all on my own!

And turns out, they all liked it ;)

It was nearing towards our ADR time, so we wanted to see if we could check in a little early. We browsed around the shops in Germany and China, and then headed over to Italy for Via Napoli!

I was pretty satisfied with our Food and Wine haul; the one thing that I had really wanted to try but never got to was the Ghiradelli Drinking Chocolate from The Chocolate Experience. LOOK AT THIS.

UGH! Sooo chocolatey and rich. Next time, for sure!

85F8FAAD-AEF9-45EC-9052-F8375F733CEC.gif

We were sat almost immediately at Via Napoli at a big, round table towards the back of the restaurant!

I don’t have any pictures of my food here :( This is kind of where things started to turn south mood-wise!

For my drink, I ordered the Limoncello Mule, since Moscow Mules are my favorite drink! This was WONDERFUL. The lemon made it so refreshing!

Since we didn’t want to eat too much before our dessert party, we decided to split a few things. Between all of us, we split: a 10-inch Carciofi pizza (best pizza ever! It’s a white pizza with artichoke, fontina and mozzarella cheese, and truffle oil), a 10-inch pepperoni pizza, the Arancini appetizer (fried mozzarella balls), and an order of Chicken Parmesan.

Our food was delicious, but it definitely took a while to come out. We were all starving!! The standout of this meal is always the Carciofi pizza. I literally have dreams about this pizza sometimes. The others liked it, but not as much as I do, so that meant more pizza for me! Muahaha!

While we were eating, we got on the topic of Dorian. We had been conveniently “forgetting” the fact that a hurricane was projected to come our way, and hadn’t really talked about it until now. Tomorrow was planned to be a rest day, with breakfast at 1900 Park Fare and an evening in Disney Springs with dinner at The Boathouse. Then, the day after that was going to be our Universal Studios day.

Haley had mentioned that she was nervous about losing our US day, since that was the day where the storm was projected to hit! Universal Studios is Haley’s favorite and she didn’t want to miss it. So, she requested that we switch our days around so that tomorrow we would go to Universal, and the day after that would be our rest day.

I wasn’t jumping on the idea super quick. I was a bit nervous of doing another marathon park day tomorrow and was actually really looking forward to a resort day. I was also super nervous about the parks closing like they did with Irma, and didn’t know if I wanted to “waste” a Disney day on Universal Studios. I verbalized this to Haley, and well, she was NOT having it.

She got kind of upset and said, “I have been so patient with all of your Disney stuff, and now there’s the one thing I’m really excited for, and you don’t want to share with me!” I backpedaled a little bit, and said that this wasn’t what I meant. I still wanted to go to Universal, since I hadn’t been there since 2013, but was just nervous about which day we should go.

I noticed that my mom was quiet next to me, but didn’t really realize that she was starting to fume. After discussing it for about ten minutes, all 5 of us came to a decision to switch our Universal day to tomorrow. I was able to switch our ADRs for 1900 Park Fare and the Boathouse to the same time in 2 days, so I thought everything was settled!

So, a good meal, but kind of clouded by some squabbling between Haley and I.

After our yummy dinner, we completed our lap of World Showcase and headed off to the Mexico pavilion!

We wanted to try and get a margarita from the tequila bar, but the line was soooo long! However, the line for the Gran Fiesta Tour was nonexistent :laughing: So we rode that instead!

This ride is sooo silly! I’ve come to love it more and more every trip.

After our ride, we headed back into Future World to see if we could get a few more rides done before heading back to WS for our dessert party.

Epcot is such a photogenic park!

On our walk to Future World, I noticed that my mom was still really quiet and not saying much. I pulled her aside and asked her if she was okay, and to my surprise, she said “No, I’m mad at both you and Haley”

:confused:

I was kind of incredulous, asking why she was mad. She then proceeded to word vomit all over me, saying that she didn’t appreciate the way we were acting in Via Napoli and that we were acting like “spoiled, entitled, brats”

A6F153B8-DE24-47A9-BB90-6E3E54D46F5B.gif

I think she was embarrassed that Haley and I were arguing in front of Carla and Kahla? But she kind of pulled the whole “You should be happy to be on a trip to Disney World that I paid for” card. I tried to explain that we were NOT trying to sound ungrateful, but that she couldn’t be mad at us for being stressed and bummed about the potential of a Category 4 hurricane. She wanted NOTHING to do with that response and explained that she just wanted us to leave her alone for a bit :laughing:

I was really surprised by this. My mom is NEVER like this and hasn’t really “scolded” Haley and I since we were kids. I’m chalking it up to her being tired and disappointed that the trip wasn’t turning out perfect?

I’m a huge people pleaser and can’t stand to have people mad at me, so I was super bothered by this! I ran up to Haley and explained that Mom was upset, and she just looked at me and said “Whatever, let Mom be mad. She needs to chill out.”

Like I said, polar opposites :rotfl: Poor Carla and Kahla must have been wondering what the heck was going on! Well, I guess you can’t have a girl’s trip without some sort of drama!

We looked around in Mouse Gears for a bit, then decided to ride Spaceship Earth! We had missed our re-booked fastpass window, but the line was only 15 minutes anyway so it was all good!

Haley and I rode together, and Mom rode by herself :) After our ride, we took some pictures by the Bubblegum Wall. I didn’t really like how mine turned out, but Haley’s turned out adorable!

It was nearing 7:00 by now, so we decided to run over to Test Track to see if we could fit in one last ride before our dessert party! The standby line was about an hour, so we decided to try the single rider line!

This proved to be a good decision, because we were all on in 15 minutes! My mom and I were able to get in the same car, and the others were all right behind us!

Usually, I wouldn’t share all our pictures, but this was too funny. In Mom and I’s picture, everyone’s having fun..

Kahla’s picture, so far, so good..

In Carla’s, people are starting to get a little nervous.

And in Haley’s we had one casualty...

LOOK at that little girl behind Haley!! She literally looks like she left her earthly body and ascended to heaven right on Test Track?! :rotfl:

After our ride on Test Track, Mom’s spirits seemed to be higher and she actually started to speak to Haley and I again :thumbsup2 She was just in the camp of “Let’s just forget about it and enjoy the rest of the trip!” Me too!!

Luckily, we’re able to laugh about this now ;)

It was 7:30 now, and we had our Frozen Ever After IllumiNations Dessert Party to get to! The fireworks started at 9:00, and we wanted to have plenty of time to eat before finding our spots.

I was super excited to try this, since I loved the HEA dessert party in May (well, everything besides the whole vomiting episode the day after :crazy2:). The price was higher, but I figured that the unlimited alcoholic beverages would be worth it. Plus, I wanted to do at least one “special” for our girl’s trip! It seemed like the perfect way to say goodbye to IllumiNations, since the show was ending in less than a month.

When we reached the location, we realized that the party had been moved inside due to lightning in the area! This was odd, because it had maybe showered once this afternoon for like 10 minutes, and it was a little cloudy now but seemed fine! It never did end up raining.

It was cool though, we got our bracelets and then we got to go up this secret elevator to a big room on the top floor of one of the buildings in Norway! It had a Nordic theme and was really cute. I wonder what they normally use this room for?

One thing about this was that since there was less space than the outdoor seating, we had to sit with another family. That’s ok! We love talking to people in Disney!

Until we realized that the family we were sitting with wanted nothing to do with us :)

It was two parents and an 8ish year old girl. We sat down at just about the same time as them, and you could tell that the parents were NOT happy that we had to share tables. They flat out said, “We asked if we could sit alone, but I guess they didn’t listen to us.” Then, they asked their daughter, “Would you rather sit next to mommy and daddy? Or those STRANGERS over there?”

Um, ok then :rotfl:

Well, obviously she picked mom and dad :rolleyes:

The parents continued to be super awkward all night, loudly asking their daughter 430924839439 questions and riling her all up. The poor girl couldn’t even get a word in!

It was to the point where she would start to say, “I don’t….” and they’d said “What don’t you like? Is everything ok? What can we do to make it better? Just tell us what you want, honey. We want you to be happy. Whatever you want, we’ll get it for you.”

Plus, they were involving US in their weirdness!

There were some cute little glasses at the table that put a special effect on lights and fireworks and made them look like snowflakes (very on-brand for Frozen)! I made an off-handed comment to my mom, saying that I didn’t know if I’d wear them during the show since I wanted to see the fireworks normally.

The little girl must have heard me, and said “But I WANT to wear the glasses!” Then, the Mom proceeded to look at us dead in the eye and say “That’s a great idea honey. Everyone else should wear the glasses. Right? Isn’t that a great idea? PROMISE MY DAUGHTER THAT YOU’LL WEAR THE GLASSES. PROMISE? PROMISE?”

D1199D49-4F69-40DE-B2B3-784030B09840.gif

It was so weird. I’m so glad that my mom was never that helicopter-y! Their anxious energy was making EVERYBODY nervous!

What calms nerves? Dessert and alcohol :) We went up to the buffet and got our plates, and kind of just avoided eye contact and talked amongst ourselves for a bit. Luckily, they left the table early (maybe to find a spot without STRANGERS?)

We could finally relax and enjoy our treats!

I’m going to fill this portion with more Google images; we were trying to make sure we got our desserts quick enough so I didn’t really get pictures! This was one thing about this dessert party that I didn’t really like. We ate before the fireworks so we felt kinda rushed to eat before getting our spots. I much preferred eating after the fireworks like I did in May for HEA.

To drink, I got the specialty sangria. Although it didn’t look like sangria because it had blue Curacao in it! Very Frozen-esque. I love blue flavored things so this was really yummy, but it was a little too sweet combined with all the desserts we were eating.

They had some savory options, like veggies, trail mix, and bread with cheese dip, and they also had some fruit. I got a tiny bit of bread and cheese, but let’s face it- I was there for some DESSERTS!

Everything here was so so tasty. I got a little bit of everything! I loved the almond cookies (sounds weird, but they were so soft and chewy and DECADENT)! This was a huge surprise, because I usually hate the texture of chopped nuts in cookies but I was so impressed with these.

I also got a cupcake, a rice krispie treat, an eclairon (a macaron shaped like an eclair), a key lime tart, and a coconut macaroon. I didn’t finish them all, it was nice to have a little bite of everything! Plus, I was saving my appetite for the two best things on the menu:

Warm cottage pudding with caramel glaze

Double chocolate S’mores cake

OMG you guys. These were to die for! Dare I say, better than the Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake over at the HEA dessert party?! These were so soft and gooey and literally melted in your mouth. You had the chance to get ice cream to put on top as well, but I’m a purist and just had a bowl of each plain. I actually had seconds on the S’mores cake, it was so so good.

I made sure to consistently monitor my food intake and fullness levels; I DID NOT want a repeat of what happened at my last dessert party! As soon as I felt pretty full, I stopped and threw the rest of my desserts away. I was very proud of my self-control :)

At about 8:35 PM, We kind of had to rush to clean everything up, because we had to make our way over to the viewing area! This was a downfall to sitting inside, if we were in our outside spots we wouldn’t have had to travel anywhere and we could sit while watching the fireworks. But, since the tables weren’t set up, we had to walk about 10 minutes to our spots and stand. That was a bummer!

We got great spots, but with IllumiNations, it is pretty easy to get a good spot wherever you stand. This feature of the dessert party is much more worth it for Happily Ever After, since you get such a great spot and don’t have to deal with hordes of people!

The fireworks were beautiful as always. I may have welled up a little bit; I have really grown to love IllumiNations and I was sad to see it go. I have the soundtrack in my car and I listen to it all the time. I haven’t been able to catch Epcot Forever yet, but I’ve heard great things about it!

After IllumiNations, we were ushered back over to the Norway pavilion. This was a great perk of the dessert party; included in the price was a line-free ride on Frozen Ever After once the park was closed!

Don’t we all look excited? ;)

I loved this perk of the dessert party. We didn’t have to make a fastpass for FEA and it seemed like a fun way to get our money’s worth. Haley had never been on this ride before and she loved it!

So, would we do the Frozen Ever After Dessert Party again?!

⅘ of us said no :( Can you guess who said yes?!

How did you guess? ;)

My mom said that while it was fun, she couldn’t justify the price. Everybody else likes desserts, but wished it had more appetizers AND desserts so that we could make a meal out of it!

Especially with the high price tag (we paid $80 each), I thought that we would get our money’s worth in alcohol too, but sadly, we didn’t really have enough time since we had to travel to the fireworks viewing area and couldn’t eat during the show. So, combined with the family-style seating and the time crunch, it was a big bummer that we were seated inside, especially because it didn’t even rain! We definitely would have gone much earlier had we done this again. I also wish that there was an after-fireworks option like HEA!

I love the dessert parties, but the price is slowly creeping up each time I do this. I believe that the price for the Frozen Ever After Dessert Party is now up to $90, which is only $10 less than my California Grill brunch in May. And if you think about it, the brunch was SO much more worth it in time and amenities!

However, we all had a great time and it was a fun way to see IllumiNations!

By this time, It was 9:30, and the park was officially closed, so we made our way back to the monorail. On the way, we passed a Joffrey’s stand, and they were giving away free donuts since it was the end of the night!!

Everyone else was like “oh, I can’t even think about donuts, I'm so full from our dessert party.” But, come on, delicious Joffrey’s donuts just sitting there for free?! So, I took a chocolate sprinkled one :laughing:

So, story time. When we were shopping for this trip the day before we left, Haley texted me and asked if Mom and I could pick up a tin of chafing cream. Women wearing shorts in the summer, you know what I’m talking about :thumbsup2

At the time, I (being a lovely sister), bragged to Haley that my thighs never chafe and I never experience this problem :rotfl:

Fast forward to today; while the dress I wore was very cute, it wasn’t the most comfortable for park-hopping. The material was corduroy, and I had to wear spandex underneath. But, they kept riding up, and by the end of the day, my inner thighs were chafing soooo bad! I was walking a bit ahead of the group, and Haley asked “Why are you walking like a penguin?” Then, she got this look on her face

“Your thighs are chafing, aren’t they?”

I had to confess that they were, and she would NOT let me live it down! Lesson learned ;)

Bye, Epcot! (this was our one and only trip to Epcot this vacation. Shameful! Luckily, I’d make up for it in future trips.)

We hopped on the monorail and were back to the GF super quick. I was very proud of myself for transporting my giant donut on just a napkin all the way from Epcot to the GF!

Since the quiet pool was still open, we all went downstairs to take a quick dip since it had been so hot all day! We were only able to put our feet in the hot tub and swim for only about 15 minutes before lifeguards kicked us out. I was a bit disappointed, because in the past, as long as you were quiet, you could stay at the quiet pool as late as you wanted!

So, we filled up our mugs at Gasparilla and headed upstairs. One thing I LOVE about the Poly and GF is their 24-hour QS. It is SUCH a game-changer!! I’m a big late-night snacker and I love to fill up my mug and grab a snack or dessert after a long park day.

Everybody showered up and we were in bed pretty soon. We turned on news coverage for Dorian to see what was going on. It was still really inconclusive at this point and constantly changing, but the path was turning further and further east and looked like it wasn’t going to hit Orlando dead-on. We were cautiously optimistic!

We were just watching TV in bed and hanging out, but that chocolate sprinkled Joffrey’s donut from earlier was staring me in the face... I hadn’t over-eaten at the dessert party like I did last time, and I rationalized that the donut would be stale by the morning, so I HAD to eat it now :) #logic

So, I ate about half of the donut and tossed the rest :laughing: We turned on TLC and watched a little bit of Outdaughtered. A bit of a weird day, but we made it work. That was the last of the drama this week, thank goodness! We hit the sack at about midnight. Goodnight!

Last edited:
I completely understand the family dynamics of a Disney trip. In 2017, we took a trip with two of our three grown daughters and their families. We did one of those 5:45 a.m. flights and hit Epcot upon arrival. By late afternoon, the lack of sleep caught up to most of us and the bickering and sniping began. The grandkids were better behaved than the adults. Thank goodness, that only happened on the first day.

I understand the need for an adr, but I hate selecting where and when I'm going to eat in Disney so far in advance. I'm glad it worked out with your Via Napoli reservation.

That family sounds really weird that you were seated with at the dessert party. I try not to judge how people parent, especially as a teacher, but sometimes it's hard.

Honestly, I'm not sure when and if I'll ever attend another dessert party. The prices have gotten ridiculous and I wonder if Disney will bring them back. The Star Wars one does have me interested, though.

I would have gone for the free donut, too! So what if you're full?

There have been many times I wished the pools were open until about 12 or 1. I have a family of night owls and would love to take a dip after a late night in the parks.

The start of your Epcot day sounded good! Glad you were able to switch your Via Napoli reservation (good job mom taking one for the team)!

I'm sorry the 3 of you got into a little tiff! It's bound to happen on family trips (especially when you're dealing with hurricane sress). Glad you guys got past it!

What a strange family you got stuck with at the dessert party! But I'm glad you enjoyed it!

I have only been to Flower & Garden and Food & Wine. But I would have to say F&G because I’m very ”meat and potatoes” and not much of a foodie.

the one thing that I had really wanted to try but never got to was the Ghiradelli Drinking Chocolate from The Chocolate Experience.
If you get the chance, try it, it’s good. But super rich. Wasn’t really a problem for my family of chocoholics, but I can see how it wouldn’t be for everyone.

Miss you, twin! I hope that you are doing well and staying healthy throughout everything

Miss you too! Staying healthy so far, I hope the same is true for you!

This looks AMAZING.

Everyone else in my family thinks this ride is boring; my mom sometimes falls asleep! But I love Living with the Land

That is blasphemy! Living with the Land is epic.

I didn’t take ANY pictures of our snacks.

Dis fail!

I have realized that Food and Wine is definitely my least favorite Epcot festival.

I agree!

2. Festival of the Arts
3. Festival of the Holidays

Ok, I agreed, but I've actually only been to Food and Wine and Flower and Garden.... but I stand by what I said!

and he literally looked at the container and said, “Hmmm, I guess they’re all gone.”

Then he looked right at me with this snarky little grin and said “Save the turtles!”

What a weird and unnecessary interaction

For my drink, I ordered the Limoncello Mule,

Oh wow I need this in my life.

Make it Coco themed!!

LOOK at that little girl behind Haley!! She literally looks like she left her earthly body and ascended to heaven right on Test Track?! :rotfl:

Oh my goodness, it seriously looks like she's passed out! Too great.

It was cool though, we got our bracelets and then we got to go up this secret elevator to a big room on the top floor of one of the buildings in Norway! It had a Nordic theme and was really cute.

Oooh that sounds so fun to see. Love seeing unique areas of Disney.

Then, the Mom proceeded to look at us dead in the eye and say “That’s a great idea honey. Everyone else should wear the glasses. Right? Isn’t that a great idea? PROMISE MY DAUGHTER THAT YOU’LL WEAR THE GLASSES. PROMISE? PROMISE?”

WHAT A WEIRDO! Seriously, do they not know how to interact with other humans?

OH MY GET IN MY BELLY! Fav kind of dessert.

So, would we do the Frozen Ever After Dessert Party again?!

⅘ of us said no :( Can you guess who said yes?!

hey 1/5 wanna do it in March? yes, I'm still hopefully planning this March trip :hyper: :rotfl2:

“Your thighs are chafing, aren’t they?”

I had to confess that they were, and she would NOT let me live it down! Lesson learned ;)

Ooo the sisterly smugness! And you're so lucky if your thighs don't usually chafe!

Haha, my mom has always been pokey and it drives me NUTS! I am super picky about time and I am always on time to the minute! Whereas in middle and high school, my friends would always tease me because I'd always be the last one waiting after cheerleading practice for my mom to come and pick me up :laughing:

Traveling with Carla and Kahla was such a blast. The difference in touring styles really didn't affect anything! It was super nice because we were there for 6 nights/7 full days so we had so much time to get everything we wanted accomplished. Plus, we are all pretty similar personality-wise so it was so much fun! I feel like our Epic TR was the perfect practice for being flexible, with 30 people's plans to keep track of :rotfl:

OH nice!! And yes, that IS plenty of time to fit it all in!

Hope you're doing well, I've been thinking of you and I hope that you are not too stressed with work and such ❤

Awww, chugging along and spending my free time boning up on stats.

For some reason, Haley and I were really at each other’s throats this day.

EEK!

There was about an hour period this day where Mom didn’t talk to either of us

Oh my... things really were tense!

Carla was starting to feel better after some coffee and medicine

Caffeine is actually an ingredient in a lot of migraine cures.

So, she took her food to-go as soon it came and decided to head back to the room to try and rest. We felt so bad!! We told her to keep us posted and that we wouldn’t leave without her. We had a fastpass for Spaceship Earth booked from 11:00-12:00, but I was able to change it to 5:30-6:30 no problem!

Ugh, but phew!!

Carla’s power nap worked and she was feeling 100% better! WAHOO! :banana:

YAY!!!!!

Everyone else in my family thinks this ride is boring; my mom sometimes falls asleep! But I love Living with the Land :) It’s so calming and I love the music so much- especially the beginning song and "Listen to the Land!"

I put it on just now in your honor. Because I love it too!

My lovely mom decided to take one for the team and walk on over to Via Napoli to change the ADR in-person.

So nice of her!! YAY, Mom!

Hmmm, Flower and Garden, F&W, FArt, Christmas.

I had a really weird CM experience here. They didn’t give me a straw for my slushy, and when I went outside by the napkins, there were no straws left. I asked a younger CP CM where the straws were, and he literally looked at the container and said, “Hmmm, I guess they’re all gone.”

Rude. No reason for that.

So, I had to go straw-less.
Which is better than braless.

I kind of wanted to complain, but I didn’t want to be a “Karen” so I just moved on :rotfl:

I wish more people were like you.

Since we didn’t want to eat too much before our dessert party, we decided to split a few things. Between all of us, we split: a 10-inch Carciofi pizza (best pizza ever! It’s a white pizza with artichoke, fontina and mozzarella cheese, and truffle oil), a 10-inch pepperoni pizza, the Arancini appetizer (fried mozzarella balls), and an order of Chicken Parmesan.
I need to try this pizza! I"ve heard so many good things about it.

Haley had mentioned that she was nervous about losing our US day, since that was the day where the storm was projected to hit! Universal Studios is Haley’s favorite and she didn’t want to miss it. So, she requested that we switch our days around so that tomorrow we would go to Universal, and the day after that would be our rest day.

Oh dear.... I see drama brewing.

I do too. It's really grown on me.

She wanted NOTHING to do with that response and explained that she just wanted us to leave her alone for a bit :laughing:

LOL!! Even moms get moods.
It was cool though, we got our bracelets and then we got to go up this secret elevator to a big room on the top floor of one of the buildings in Norway! It had a Nordic theme and was really cute. I wonder what they normally use this room for?

OH cool! I'd love to see that!

It was to the point where she would start to say, “I don’t….” and they’d said “What don’t you like? Is everything ok? What can we do to make it better? Just tell us what you want, honey. We want you to be happy. Whatever you want, we’ll get it for you.”

Uhhh,.... ok. Awkward. And actually very damaging to their little one.

And if you think about it, the brunch was SO much more worth it in time and amenities!
YUP! I"d choose Cali any day of the week over a dessert party and I've never been to one.

Of course she did. That's what sisters are for.

Ahh sounds like a fun day and night. I’m glad you all made up pretty quickly, little spats are certainly common During vacation!
My favorite festival is F&G
FArts is second and F&W is third. We have never been during the Christmas festival.
Strange table mates during the Dessert party!

The Grand Floridian Cafe has consistently great service!
It does and I will be back in 2 weeks. LOL!

Flower and Garden
Food and Wine
FARTS
I haven't been to the Holiday one. I know, the horror!!!!

but I didn’t want to be a “Karen” so I just moved on
OMG! This made me LOL! My 20-year-old twins are ALWAYS calling me a Karen.

It seemed like the perfect way to say goodbye to IllumiNations, since the show was ending in less than a month.
We did this too, simply to say goodbye to Illuminations. I liked HEA better.

I DID NOT want a repeat of what happened at my last dessert party! As soon as I felt pretty full, I stopped and threw the rest of my desserts away. I was very proud of my self-control
Good girl!!!! Know your limits. LOL!

Hopping in here because these mini reports are so fun! I'm currently reading through approximately 2308723491 different trip reports from the EPIC trip, yours was a good place to start since it's a mini report.

I'm also currently planning a sister's trip so this next report is also up my alley. Currently debating when to go, and was considering F&W time but as a vegetarian, maybe the snacks aren't really for me. I also have a huge sweet tooth, so Flower and Garden looks like a good option... hmmmmm.

My one sister and I always end up snippy with each other once per trip. Luckily, we limit it to once per trip and not more :lmao:. My other sister is so laid back I don't even know if she would notice we were snippy.

Can't wait to read more!

I LOVED the sprinkles on this, so cute! This pancake was still decently sized for breakfast and actually very yummy and fluffy. I find that kid’s meals are the perfect size for me; I don’t like to eat anything too heavy while walking in the heat. I ate this all up!
Great idea to go for a kids sized breakfast. At home I never eat breakfast but Jason likes one or two on every trip. I'll have to look at getting the kiddo menu.

ut I love Living with the Land :) It’s so calming and I love the music so much- especially the beginning song and "Listen to the Land!"
Oh me too. I HATED it as a kid but now love it as an adult largely because I hated it so much then. Makes zero sense, but listen to the land is one of my fav disney songs every.

lso, don’t crucify me for this, but after attending all four festivals, I have realized that Food and Wine is definitely my least favorite Epcot festival. Not to say that it’s not good, but the food options just don’t appeal to me as much! I am not a big fan of wine, and most of the options here are savory and don’t satisfy my sweet tooth!
So funny you say that because clearly it is Food and Wine but I'm not sure I've ever even had wine at it. I love wine but Florida heat and red wine never seems like a great combo to me so we usually just do beer. Flower and Garden is def my fav festival b/c I love the topiaries so much. Food and Wine is prob second because unlike you I'll take savory over sweet any day of the week. The arts festival has never done anything for me but we did it the first year and I think they've improved it since then

Definitely weird!

10-inch Carciofi pizza (best pizza ever! It’s a white pizza with artichoke, fontina and mozzarella cheese, and truffle oil)
Truth!!!!!! This is my most favorite pizza on the planet. Add arugula to it some time. Adds some crunch and makes it even better.

I was really surprised by this. My mom is NEVER like this and hasn’t really “scolded” Haley and I since we were kids. I’m chalking it up to her being tired and disappointed that the trip wasn’t turning out perfect?
Sounds like everyone was having a bad day today

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

They flat out said, “We asked if we could sit alone, but I guess they didn’t listen to us.” Then, they asked their daughter, “Would you rather sit next to mommy and daddy? Or those STRANGERS over there?”
Some people should just never have children

Everyone else should wear the glasses. Right? Isn’t that a great idea? PROMISE MY DAUGHTER THAT YOU’LL WEAR THE GLASSES. PROMISE? PROMISE?”
How did you even deal with this? Passive aggressive me would have been giving it right back to her.

I completely understand the family dynamics of a Disney trip. In 2017, we took a trip with two of our three grown daughters and their families. We did one of those 5:45 a.m. flights and hit Epcot upon arrival. By late afternoon, the lack of sleep caught up to most of us and the bickering and sniping began. The grandkids were better behaved than the adults. Thank goodness, that only happened on the first day.

I understand the need for an adr, but I hate selecting where and when I'm going to eat in Disney so far in advance. I'm glad it worked out with your Via Napoli reservation.

That family sounds really weird that you were seated with at the dessert party. I try not to judge how people parent, especially as a teacher, but sometimes it's hard.

Honestly, I'm not sure when and if I'll ever attend another dessert party. The prices have gotten ridiculous and I wonder if Disney will bring them back. The Star Wars one does have me interested, though.

I would have gone for the free donut, too! So what if you're full?

There have been many times I wished the pools were open until about 12 or 1. I have a family of night owls and would love to take a dip after a late night in the parks.

I'm honestly surprised that this was really one of the first times there has been drama on a Disney trip! It usually involves Haley and I- I remember we had a tiff in DHS back in 2013 :rotfl: Isn't it lovely having a sister??

The Star Wars dessert party is intriguing for me too! IF they bring them back, I would love to also do the HEA one again. I thought that it was definitely worth the money!

Thanks for not judging me about the donut ;) Late-night swimming is always one of my favorite things- it feel so good to stretch out your muscles and cool off after a long day!!

The start of your Epcot day sounded good! Glad you were able to switch your Via Napoli reservation (good job mom taking one for the team)!

I'm sorry the 3 of you got into a little tiff! It's bound to happen on family trips (especially when you're dealing with hurricane sress). Glad you guys got past it!

What a strange family you got stuck with at the dessert party! But I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Besides the tiff, it was a very fun and productive day!! I love Epcot and I'm glad we got to spend a whole day there! We pretty much got every ride done as well as took lots of time in WS, so you can't get much better than that :)

I have only been to Flower & Garden and Food & Wine. But I would have to say F&G because I’m very ”meat and potatoes” and not much of a foodie.

If you get the chance, try it, it’s good. But super rich. Wasn’t really a problem for my family of chocoholics, but I can see how it wouldn’t be for everyone.

I need to try that chocolate! NOTHING is too rich for me so that shouldn't be a problem (except cheesecake.. that is one thing that is too rich for me. Strange, I know!)

F&G is the best!! I'm so hoping to go back next year if they offer it!!

Miss you too! Staying healthy so far, I hope the same is true for you!

This looks AMAZING.

That is blasphemy! Living with the Land is epic.

Dis fail!

I agree!

Ok, I agreed, but I've actually only been to Food and Wine and Flower and Garden.... but I stand by what I said!

What a weird and unnecessary interaction

Oh wow I need this in my life.

Make it Coco themed!!

Oh my goodness, it seriously looks like she's passed out! Too great.

Oooh that sounds so fun to see. Love seeing unique areas of Disney.

WHAT A WEIRDO! Seriously, do they not know how to interact with other humans?

OH MY GET IN MY BELLY! Fav kind of dessert.

hey 1/5 wanna do it in March? yes, I'm still hopefully planning this March trip :hyper: :rotfl2:

Ooo the sisterly smugness! And you're so lucky if your thighs don't usually chafe!

OMG they should make Gran Fiesta Tour Coco-themed! Is it bad that now it's actually growing on me though and I would be a little sad it they did? :rotfl:

YES our March trip is going to be so much fun!! The cooler weather will make the masks much more bearable. Any dates/times/resorts in mind?? If you need help planning just let me know... ;)

OH nice!! And yes, that IS plenty of time to fit it all in!

Awww, chugging along and spending my free time boning up on stats.

EEK!

Oh my... things really were tense!

Caffeine is actually an ingredient in a lot of migraine cures.

Ugh, but phew!!

YAY!!!!!

I put it on just now in your honor. Because I love it too!

So nice of her!! YAY, Mom!

Hmmm, Flower and Garden, F&W, FArt, Christmas.

Rude. No reason for that.

Which is better than braless.

I wish more people were like you.

I need to try this pizza! I"ve heard so many good things about it.

Oh dear.... I see drama brewing.

I do too. It's really grown on me.

LOL!! Even moms get moods.

OH cool! I'd love to see that!

Uhhh,.... ok. Awkward. And actually very damaging to their little one.

YUP! I"d choose Cali any day of the week over a dessert party and I've never been to one.

Of course she did. That's what sisters are for.

Lol we were all in a mood that day!! Luckily it didn't affect things too much and we were able to get past it :)

Dessert parties are definitely a love-it or hate-it type of thing! My sweet tooth loves it but it can definitely get too expensive for just desserts. The added ride on FEA really helped though!!

Ahh sounds like a fun day and night. I’m glad you all made up pretty quickly, little spats are certainly common During vacation!
My favorite festival is F&G
FArts is second and F&W is third. We have never been during the Christmas festival.
Strange table mates during the Dessert party!

Luckily us roomies never got into any spats :hug: Our festival orders are just about the same! I love FArts and seeing all of the artwork was actually a huge highlight for my January trip! Hope you and Andi are doing well, I feel so sad that her college experience is being affected by all of this!!

It does and I will be back in 2 weeks. LOL!

Flower and Garden
Food and Wine
FARTS
I haven't been to the Holiday one. I know, the horror!!!!

OMG! This made me LOL! My 20-year-old twins are ALWAYS calling me a Karen.

We did this too, simply to say goodbye to Illuminations. I liked HEA better.

Good girl!!!! Know your limits. LOL!

Haha, how was the GF Cafe?? And hope you had an awesome birthday, it looked like you had a mighty good time :laughing: I messaged Joe on FB the night you were at Cali Grill to wish you a happy birthday, and he was like hmmm.. I'll tell her tomorrow.... :rotfl:

Hopping in here because these mini reports are so fun! I'm currently reading through approximately 2308723491 different trip reports from the EPIC trip, yours was a good place to start since it's a mini report.

I'm also currently planning a sister's trip so this next report is also up my alley. Currently debating when to go, and was considering F&W time but as a vegetarian, maybe the snacks aren't really for me. I also have a huge sweet tooth, so Flower and Garden looks like a good option... hmmmmm.

My one sister and I always end up snippy with each other once per trip. Luckily, we limit it to once per trip and not more :lmao:. My other sister is so laid back I don't even know if she would notice we were snippy.

Can't wait to read more!

Hello and welcome!! So glad you're here :)

Girl's trips are the best!! I would definitely try F&G if you can, the topiaries are beautiful and the food has really nice variety!! I would maybe ask @disneyAndi14 for advice on vegetarian food in the parks- her daughter Andi is a vegetarian and I feel like they're always getting the best ADRS/treats!

Haha, sisterly love!! Haley and I have gotten much better with our opposite personalities but it still comes out every once in a while.. ;)

Great idea to go for a kids sized breakfast. At home I never eat breakfast but Jason likes one or two on every trip. I'll have to look at getting the kiddo menu.

Oh me too. I HATED it as a kid but now love it as an adult largely because I hated it so much then. Makes zero sense, but listen to the land is one of my fav disney songs every.

So funny you say that because clearly it is Food and Wine but I'm not sure I've ever even had wine at it. I love wine but Florida heat and red wine never seems like a great combo to me so we usually just do beer. Flower and Garden is def my fav festival b/c I love the topiaries so much. Food and Wine is prob second because unlike you I'll take savory over sweet any day of the week. The arts festival has never done anything for me but we did it the first year and I think they've improved it since then

Definitely weird!

Truth!!!!!! This is my most favorite pizza on the planet. Add arugula to it some time. Adds some crunch and makes it even better.

Sounds like everyone was having a bad day today

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Some people should just never have children

How did you even deal with this? Passive aggressive me would have been giving it right back to her.

OOO great idea about adding arugula to the carciofi pizza!! I will definitely have to try that next time!!

I have been binge-reading all of your dining reports and LOVING it! I don't think any bad guest experience could top your experience of that girl REACHING INTO YOUR CHIP BOWL AND EATING YOUR CHIPS :rotfl:I think I laughed for about 10 minutes when I read that. I would have been in absolute shock and awe!! I'm pretty sure she would get punched for doing that during the pandemic now :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter