An "I Miss You" PTR!! Summer/Fall/Winter 2020??- 2 DAYS AWAY- Updated 8/25!

It’s the Honey Tandoori Chicken Flatbread with white cheddar cheese, charred vegetables, clover honey sour cream, and micro citrus greens. This was AMAZING and I wish it came in a full size. I would get this all the time for lunch in WDW if it did! This definitely took #2 for F&G eats! The flavors worked so well together and I loved the sour cream drizzle.
I've been wanting to try this every year

49771554741_86cabdc521_c.jpg
Your dress is so pretty! Lily Pulitzer?

One memorable moment from this dinner was when the waiter accidentally spilled the bread pudding, and Mary (@MissMaryQC ) got caramel sauce all down her back! I felt sooo bad for her. But then, I saw the gorgeous $125 Tiki Room dress that she got for free… And I kinda felt like turning towards the waiter and being like

A45A6975-1BA3-4385-BCDA-203932FB793D.gif
Honestly wouldn't even be mad about getting that caramel sauce spilled on me

Unlimited mimosas?! Don’t mind if I do! There was some friendly teasing, because as soon as this picture was taken, a CM INSTANTLY swooped in and carded me :laughing: #chunkybaby
Relatable

I was so excited about this. I really started to get into Disney during and after our 2002 trip. When we planned our next trip for May 2005, I was EXTREMELY involved and invested in the planning. I watched the Travel Channel constantly and I loved the Disney World specials! I literally thought that I would become Samantha Brown when I grew up #lifegoals.
Same girl! Samantha Brown was my hero

The CG brunch is pricey but its something I definitely would love to do one day. I'm glad you pulled the trigger and went! It looked like a wonderful time!

Ah that stinks that you had to wait so long for your room to be ready!

Glad you were able to enjoy the pool for a little!

HDDR is another thing I want to try one day! I'm glad you had fun!

Love your review of the California Grill brunch. I have had dinner there and it was amazing, so I definitely hope to try this brunch!! That french toast sounded weird though....but I am with you on loving brie cheese so I may have braved it too. Sorry it was gross!! Love the HDDR too, and I can't imagine how much fun that must have been with such a crowd of DIS'ers.

Love your review of California Grille! Not sure why that was never on my to do list, but it is now!
My family loves Hoop De Doo review, its a must do every family trip. So much fun! Your faces in the photo about the Mac and cheese :rotfl:

The rain was so bad this day! And the next day too, I felt so bad for people who got caught in the rain after our fancy brunch!!
Ariane, Kelly and I were stuck in MGM for quite a while but found respite in One Man's Dream. Of course Walt never envisioned this going down inside of his dream. So random but one of my fondest memories from the trip.

Billie snapped a picture of all of us waiting :laughing: Shame on us, all on our phones!! I'm not gonna lie, this picture embarrassed me a little bit, and I made a promise to myself to not be on my phone so much and enjoy the company!
Shame on us! Everyone was waiting for us stragglers to make it

Unlimited mimosas?! Don’t mind if I do! There was some friendly teasing, because as soon as this picture was taken, a CM INSTANTLY swooped in and carded me :laughing: #chunkybaby
:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: Strange they didn't card the rest of us

But I was very wrong. I’m not gonna lie, it was pretty gross!! Imagine yummy, fruity, french toast, but covered with cheese sauce instead of maple syrup :crazy2: I tried to add maple syrup to make it better, but it just made it more gross! :laughing:
Yuck!!!! That does not sound good. You so should have ordered another entree. Kelly and I had shared an extra order of the pancakes and I'm sorry to tell you they were delicious.

Love this!!!! Will have to see if I can find that for Casey. She'd love it. I on the other hand am about the only woman on the planet who does not like jewelry.

There were so many out today and really invasive. In case you’ve never heard of lovebugs before, they come out for like a week in Florida and massively reproduce, only to die off a few days later! But when they’re in season, they are EVERYWHERE!
Oh those bugs were the nastiest thing. We stayed at WL and every time we set foot on a boat they just invaded. May never go in May again just b/c of those dang bugs

Overall, this was a fantastic show. The food was great, and I laughed so hard all night! Like I said, I am a huge sucker for live theatre and music, and this was so enjoyable. I have to return again with my Mom- she would LOVE this!!
So glad to hear you loved it. I had done it as a kid and recalled loving it but didn't do it as an adult until a few years ago. I'm a sucker for theater too (and the cornier the better) so add in the unlimited booze and great food and this has become one of our favorite Disney things to do. On our list for our November trip. You definitely need to get your Mom there.

The CG brunch is to die for! My DH and I loved it last July on our anniversary trip and are trying to get an ADR for December (if we get to go on that trip).
Mmmmm, I loved the parfaits. I was obsessed with the bacon/egg salad too and definitely had several mimosas. It was a boozy brunch!
That is just wrong....not appetizing at all. :(
So glad it was an awesome experience for you!
They are so gross!
Love the Hoop!
That's what I had too. I was pleasantly surprised with the food quality and the show is so much fun!

I loved CG brunch so much! It was such a fun experience and felt so fancy despite it being at Disney World! I loved the parfaits too and I'm also a sucker for sushi! I also loved how the mimosas had the popping boba bubbles! Next time I will definitely try something less exotic, however :laughing:

I loved the Hoop-De-Doo as well and will definitely be back!

I totally agree about CG brunch, absolutely a wonderful experience.
My blueberry pancakes were so yummy.
The price is a bit of a shock but when you put the whole experience together totally worth it!
This was a very fun day!
The love bugs were so gross, yuck! I would take the love bugs in a heart beat instead of COVID!
It’s so fun reading and reliving our Epic trip!

I had major food envy of your pancakes, haha! The price was totally worth it; it wasn't just food but an entire experience!!

I miss our trip so much! What I wouldn't do for COVID to just be over and to be in WDW right now :( Hope you and the family are doing well!!

Eek, I would be the same way! I'm definitely on my phone way too much... but to be fair, Disney does kind of encourage it with checking wait times, modifying FPs, etc etc!

It's so perfect!

That just sounds bizarre! I wasn't a fan of my entree either. At least the buffet is exceptional!

California Grill for dinner? sounds extravagant! Add it to the March trip! haha

aww that's so sweet of you!

Haha we are going to be doing a lot of eating in March!! :laughing:

Thanks for making me feel better about being on my phone haha; but you are so true in that Disney is very phone-centric now with all of their apps to make touring easier! What did you get at California Grill for your entree?! I'm intrigued!!

:rotfl:

That yogurt and the deviled eggs were the absolute BEST!

Bummer! I'm sure he would have brought you something else. It does seem weird to have cheese on French Toast :crazy2:

Me too!

I love that gift shop too ::yes::

Cute!

Oh, no!

Wow! That stinks :sad2:

Awesome! Too bad you weren't spending much more time there.

:rolleyes1

They were horrible :crazy2: Enough so that I would seriously hesitate before going back in early May.

:rotfl2:

:love:

I love HDDR and can't wait to go back someday. We were supposed to go in July but that's not happening now :sad1:

My entree at California Grill was so strange :crazy2: I could see maybe like a tiny bit of cheese on the side, but it was literally soaked in the cheese sauce! EW!

That's so weird about the love bugs- before this trip, I had been to WDW in May two other times over Memorial Day weekend and we never encountered the bugs! I also have read TRs where the bugs were out in September?! So I'm not sure if they're only out in May or randomly throughout the year?!

Such a bummer about July :( I've slowly come to accept that a possible July trip isn't happening for me either

I've been wanting to try this every year

Your dress is so pretty! Lily Pulitzer?

Honestly wouldn't even be mad about getting that caramel sauce spilled on me

Relatable

Same girl! Samantha Brown was my hero

Haha, I love all of Samantha Brown's specials so much! She was like the early 2000's version of Stacy :laughing: And thank you so much! Yes, it's Lily :) It's so comfortable too!

The CG brunch is pricey but its something I definitely would love to do one day. I'm glad you pulled the trigger and went! It looked like a wonderful time!

Ah that stinks that you had to wait so long for your room to be ready!

Glad you were able to enjoy the pool for a little!

HDDR is another thing I want to try one day! I'm glad you had fun!

Even though it was a full day with lots of eating, I loved CG Brunch and HDDR both so much and will be back to both of them! I was so happy to get some pool time in too, despite all of the bugs!!

Love your review of the California Grill brunch. I have had dinner there and it was amazing, so I definitely hope to try this brunch!! That french toast sounded weird though....but I am with you on loving brie cheese so I may have braved it too. Sorry it was gross!! Love the HDDR too, and I can't imagine how much fun that must have been with such a crowd of DIS'ers.

I was so disappointed in my entree, but the buffet options more than made up for it! Dinner at CG is definitely on my bucket list. Yay, a fellow brie cheese lover!! There was just WAY too much on the french toast for it to be enjoyable :( maybe a little bit on the side would have been perfect! The HDDR was super fun and rowdy, perfect for our last group event!! :)

Love your review of California Grille! Not sure why that was never on my to do list, but it is now!
My family loves Hoop De Doo review, its a must do every family trip. So much fun! Your faces in the photo about the Mac and cheese :rotfl:

I was always intrigued about California Grill but for some reason thought that it wasn't "Disney" enough! I mean, what's more Disney than a panoramic view of Magic Kingdom?! :laughing: I loved the Hoop De Doo so much, now THAT is in-your-face Disney at it's finest! And I was very happy that we got our mac and cheese after all :)

OK, you’ve officially convinced me to try the California Grill brunch next time. :love:

Thanks for reading!! Yay!! You'll love it so much :)

Ariane, Kelly and I were stuck in MGM for quite a while but found respite in One Man's Dream. Of course Walt never envisioned this going down inside of his dream. So random but one of my fondest memories from the trip.
View attachment 495139

Shame on us! Everyone was waiting for us stragglers to make it

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: Strange they didn't card the rest of us

Yuck!!!! That does not sound good. You so should have ordered another entree. Kelly and I had shared an extra order of the pancakes and I'm sorry to tell you they were delicious.

Love this!!!! Will have to see if I can find that for Casey. She'd love it. I on the other hand am about the only woman on the planet who does not like jewelry.

Oh those bugs were the nastiest thing. We stayed at WL and every time we set foot on a boat they just invaded. May never go in May again just b/c of those dang bugs

So glad to hear you loved it. I had done it as a kid and recalled loving it but didn't do it as an adult until a few years ago. I'm a sucker for theater too (and the cornier the better) so add in the unlimited booze and great food and this has become one of our favorite Disney things to do. On our list for our November trip. You definitely need to get your Mom there.

I LOVE how you still call Hollywood Studios MGM!! I saw a tee-shirt on a website a while ago that I almost bought- it had a picture of the Mickey sorcerer hat and said "It's still MGM to me." I feel like you need that shirt ::yes:: Also the photos you took in One Man's Dream were amazing :laughing:

Haha, I need to be better at voicing when I don't like something and just asking about something else! Glad to hear about the pancakes though ;)

Oh, that necklace would be so cute for Casey! Haha, I have always been into earrings, but I actually just started to get into necklaces about a few years ago. Now I have a Kendra Scott obsession, and it's dangerous!!

I was telling Kelly about this too; maybe the bugs are only an early May thing?! I've been to WDW in May twice before this trip over Memorial Day Weekend, and there were no bugs in sight!!

Haha, I said that this year would be my only year of having an AP, but once Disney re-opens, I'm probably going to renew. I cannot go back, I've been pickled!!! It feels so good just to have the freedom to stop and smell the roses!

I will likely get another one but not until things are a bit more normal. The thought of wearing a mask when it's 95 degrees makes me physically ill. Plus, I'll have to financially recoup after my Italy thing.

Haha, I love ToT, but I definitely have to be in the right mood for it! Even after all of these years, it still scares me a little bit :laughing:

It's just the right amount of "scary". LOVE it!!

I wish I needed Miralax at WDW... and that is all I'll have to say about that ::yes::

:lmao:

I LOVED our night at Ale and Compass! We had such a fun little group! I totally agree; even though I can be super extroverted, I feel much more comfortable in smaller groups. I really loved exploring the Boardwalk area so much on this trip. The Crescent Lake resorts are definitely starting to push the Monorail resorts out of the way for top location for me! I just love the adult, laid-back feel of the BC/YC and BWI so much!

Especially now that that Skyliner is there! Total game changer!!

We also had to shower and get all done up because there was a fancy brunch at California Grill planned for 10 AM!

:banana:

Billie snapped a picture of all of us waiting :laughing: Shame on us, all on our phones!! I'm not gonna lie, this picture embarrassed me a little bit, and I made a promise to myself to not be on my phone so much and enjoy the company!

:thumbsup2 I think with social media everyone (including me) is eager to share with the world, but forget that the only world that should matter in that moment is the one we're in.

:lmao: Too funny!!!

Two amazingly beautiful women!!
Awww, I love this picture of us!!! :love:

But I was very wrong. I’m not gonna lie, it was pretty gross!! Imagine yummy, fruity, french toast, but covered with cheese sauce instead of maple syrup :crazy2: I tried to add maple syrup to make it better, but it just made it more gross! :laughing:

It was disgusting. I can't remember either who ordered it, but it was pretty unanimous around the table that it was just NOT a good combo.

Although I don’t think I was alone- someone else in our group (I can’t remember who) also tried this and didn’t like it either! I don’t see this item on the menu anymore, so maybe

Maybe they got enough negative feedback. ??

YAY us!!

We'll call this... "The Dainty Dump".

I wish I was joking. The wait for our room felt like an eternity! Nothing on BC personally, since check-in is technically at 3:00, but we had been so spoiled with getting early check-in for YC! I wanted nothing more than to change into comfy clothes and lounge by the pool :sad: But, it was also storming like crazy outside, so we would have just been hanging in the room regardless.

I remember that!! We had to be stuck in our room at the Floridian for a bit because of it. Yikes!!

BUT, we were literally a 30-second walk to Epcot. We were so close to Epcot that sometimes my location on Snapchat came up as Epcot!!

AWESOME!!! That's a great location!

I specifically remember seeing the Hoop-De-Doo on one of the specials and wanting to do it sooo bad! The WL was also my favorite resort and the one I wanted to stay at most as a kid (which is funny, because I still haven’t stayed there yet)! I always brought the HDDMR into the mix when talking about other trips, but it seemed to be too much of a trek out to FW and nobody really wanted to take up a full evening to see it. So, I was so excited to do this! I’m a sucker for kitsch and live theater.

I've done it 3 times now over the years and have never been disappointed!!

YUM!! The food is SO good there!

I will likely get another one but not until things are a bit more normal. The thought of wearing a mask when it's 95 degrees makes me physically ill. Plus, I'll have to financially recoup after my Italy thing.

I totally agree. I have 1.5 months left on my annual pass since it technically wasn't supposed to expire until May 1st.. but I'm not sure if I'd want to squeeze in another trip within a month of re-opening! It'll be way too different :(

Two amazingly beautiful women!!

:love2:

Awww, I love this picture of us!!! :love:

Aren't we cute?!

It was disgusting. I can't remember either who ordered it, but it was pretty unanimous around the table that it was just NOT a good combo.

I was so disappointed! I think it would have been yummy with just a little bit of cheese on the side, but it looked like they literally dumped a cup of EZ cheese over the top!! :crazy2:

I remember that!! We had to be stuck in our room at the Floridian for a bit because of it. Yikes!!

It was torrential! Although I would much rather be in a hotel room at WDW than at home in my apartment right now :laughing:

Trip #1, Day 6- May 6th, 2019

I woke up bright and chipper at about 7:00 AM for our last full day in WDW, wahhh! I slept like an actual dead person the night before, so I was raring to go and ready to hit some parks!

I can’t remember where Lesley was heading off to this morning, maybe MK? But Caroline and I had our sights set on Animal Kingdom!

Day #2 was originally supposed to be an AK day, but that obviously got thrown to the side when our VIP tour was announced ::yes:: I was excited to get there!

Caroline and I had some coffee in the room and I also ate my birthday cake Mickey scone from the day before for some breakfast. We were out of the room by 8:15 AM!

The bus to AK wasn’t projected to come until 8:45, so we decided to take a Lyft instead! I remember that our Lyft driver was kind of funny this morning- he had a TV in the back playing 80’s music videos :laughing:

Since it was close to opening, the line to get into AK was huge!! But we made it in pretty much right at 9:00!

My trip notes are a littttle fuzzy from this morning. I believe that we made a beeline for Pandora right away! We explored a little bit and snapped some pictures.

Caroline had a FP for Flight of Passage and we wanted to see if our little trick would work for a big-time ride!

And… it did!! I couldn’t believe it- I was going to get on FoP again this trip!! The CM was a little bit less nice about it though :scared:

FoP was great again the second time around! Although I did have to close my eyes for a bit longer this time and got a little dizzy.

After the ride, Caroline looked around in the dump shop for a bit. Caroline was texting with a DISfriend and we were going to try and have a little meet-up!

We found her! This is Shannon (@SweetSerenity )!

Shannon and her mom were so nice :) We chatted for a few minutes about our trips, then set off on our separate ways!

Caroline had to head out of the park soon, so we walked on over to DinoLand for one last ride!

We chose Dinosaur of course! We both LOVE this ride. I feel like this is a love-it-or-hate-it ride and I’m definitely in the love-it camp! It’s so fun how this ride throws you around and I love of the adrenaline rush of being scared.

We had to pose of course!

After this, Caroline and I said goodbye! Caroline was heading off to the GF for an afternoon tea with some of the other Epic ladies! I was invited to this, but I decided to pass after some thought. I was going to be staying at the GF for 6 nights in August, so I figured that I’d have plenty of time to see the resort then. Plus, I’m actually not a big fan of tea!

I was looking forward to some solo AK time!

I explored DinoLand a bit more and rode the Triceratops Spin! I was getting thirsty in the heat, so I made a pit stop at Drinkwallah for this beauty…

Yummm, I love frozen Coke in WDW! It really hits the spot and is so refreshing. It’s funny because I don’t really drink a lot of soda but I LOVE frozen soda drinks, like the frozen Baja Blast at Taco Bell!

I took my drink into It’s Tough to be a Bug and sat down to watch the show! I used to HATE this show when I was little, it scared me so bad!! But now, in a twisted way, it makes me laugh to see all of the little kids freaking out! Maybe my brain is trying to cope with the trauma this show caused me as a 6 year-old?! :rolleyes1

After the show, I really wanted to get on Expedition Everest. I love this coaster and it’s such a thrill! I didn’t have any FPs for AK today since they were all for MK later, but the single-rider line for EE usually goes pretty quick. However, as I was nearing towards Asia, I noticed that it wasn’t sending any cars down. Boooo!

I decided to head on over anyway to see if it was close to opening back up, and literally as soon as I approached the standby, they opened up the rope and there was a huge cheer!

E1CABD01-A496-4ADD-9CE5-C8B0DE179B31.jpeg

I documented my Expedition Everest saga on Snapchat. What an emotional roller coaster! (no pun intended :laughing: )

This ride never fails to make my stomach fly into my throat, especially during the backwards hill in the dark!

After my exciting ride, I was getting a little hungry for some lunch! I was in the mood for a good old-fashioned cheeseburger and fries, so I headed over to Restaurantasaurus! I got the kid’s cheeseburger with french fries and apple slices, and I also got a caramel brownie for dessert :love:

I LOVED the presentation of this, it was so cute!! But, tragically, I had to throw the sand pail away since I wasn’t going back to BC for a break and didn’t feel like carrying it around all day, haha!

This lunch hit the spot; the brownie especially was so chewy and gooey and delicious! I did feel a little guilty about getting something so American and basic at Animal Kingdom, but hey, the stomach wants what it wants!

Meals were one thing that I was worried about when going solo in the parks. I was worried that I would feel awkward and lonely sitting by myself, but it actually wasn’t bad at all! The only time where I felt sad eating by myself was on my January 2020 solo trip (in the Pop Century food court of all places?!) It was so fun to people-watch the other families and just be able to relax.

Before I headed out of AK, I decided to go through the Pangani Forest Exploration trail and see the gorillas! I didn’t have any desire to do Kilimanjaro Safaris after our snooze-fest of a ride on Thursday :rolleyes:

The gorillas were pretty docile today but still soooo cute. I love the baby gorillas and could watch them all day!

I also love seeing the naked mole rats; it reminds me of the show Kim Possible (one of my favorite shows as a little girl!)

Once I exited the trail, I made my way towards the front and out of the park!

Bye, Animal Kingdom! See you in 4 months!

I got a direct bus transfer over to MK. It was going to be a marathon park day, and I felt like I was back in my element! One funny thing that happened on this bus ride- my bus was filled with elementary-age cheerleaders since there was a Pop Warner competition going on at WDW. We were packed like sardines on the bus, and I was standing behind a cutie pie who was about 9 years old. She couldn’t reach the handlebars to hold on, and when the bus stopped at the MK stop, she completely tipped over onto me and I literally caught her in my arms like a trust fall! :laughing: We both started laughing, but she turned bright pink and I could tell that she was so embarrassed!!

Soon enough, I arrived at MK!

I had some solo time before meeting up with Caroline and Lesley again, so I did some browsing on Main Street USA and made note of a souvenir that I wanted. Would I come back later to get it?

It was a beautiful day outside and not too hot! Also no rain, which was a huge win after these last few days.

I decided to do some attractions while waiting for Caroline and Lesley! I did…

Space Mountain! I never get tired of this line music. It's one of my favorite background music loops from Disney World!

I also did Mickey’s PhilharMagic! I LOVE this show and try to see it every trip.

By this time, I was able to meet up with Lesley and Caroline! They were over by Tortuga Tavern in Adventureland, but for some reason, it took me like 5,000 years to find them and I kept getting lost :laughing:

We had some fast passes that we had coordinated together and we were planning on having dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern tonight.

We looped around to Frontierland and rode my favorite ride in all of WDW...

Splash Mountain! Had to do a “cool pose” :cool1:

We also rode 7 Dwarves Mine Train!

It was about 6:00 at this point, and us three had an ADR scheduled at Liberty Tree Tavern for dinner at 7:30!

However, the more I thought about it, the more that I realized that I didn’t really feel like eating at a TS tonight. We had eaten a lot of rich, decadent food this trip, and I wasn’t sure if my stomach could handle even more of it. Luckily, Lesley and Caroline were super understanding and didn’t mind that I was backing out. It sounded like they had a great meal, and I was sad to be missing out on Round 2 of the Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake!

We decided to split up at this point because Lesley and Caroline had FPs at Peter Pan’s Flight, and I hadn't been able to make one for later in the evening. I believe that after their meal, they monorailed over to Epcot to watch IllumiNations!

The crowds weren’t too bad this night, and since I was a party of one, I was able to get a lot of last-minute fastpasses! I was loving all of my solo time today.

I headed over to Haunted Mansion and rode that. I made sure to text my mom, since this is her favorite ride!

I knew where the ride camera was at this point so I was able to pose!

I decided to call my mom after the ride. It was so nice to talk to her for awhile! She asked all sorts of questions like “Did you ever get lonely without us?” (no), “Did you get along with all of your friends?” (yes) and “Was the weather nice?” (yes). Then, she put my dad on the phone, and the only question he had for me was:

“Did you eat at Cat Cora’s restaurant?”

0CC7C5E9-CC8B-48E0-9A26-B8AD96777D10.gif

No, Dad, Kouzzina has been closed for like 5 years now. Men!!! :rotfl:

I was feeling a little peckish at this point, so I headed over to Tomorrowland for a snack I had read about on Disney Food Blog.

I did make a few stops along the way! It was so nice to just be flexible and do whatever my heart desired! This was one thing I loved about going solo; I didn’t have to worry about if other people were having fun and I could just go with the flow.

I rode Journey of the Little Mermaid first! When this ride first opened, I was not expecting to love it as much as I do! I love a good dark ride. I’m so excited to ride all of the Disneyland-specific dark rides eventually when I get over there!

I then stopped in Storybook Circus and rode Dumbo!

I also made a pit stop in Big Top Treats to look around. I got a giant Mickey Mouse chocolate chip cookie, which you will see later in this update!

After doing a quick loop on the PeopleMover, I got my yummy snack..

It’s the specialty strawberry milkshake from Auntie Gravity’s Galactic Goodies! As I said in an earlier update, I’m a sucker for milkshakes. I also love anything strawberry flavored! I believe that this was only available for the month of May, but they change up their specialty shake a lot! When I was there in December, the flavor was cookie butter :love:

After I took this picture, I plopped the cotton candy in the garbage (I love cotton candy, but not in milkshakes)! However, the big Mickey marshmallow was soft and delicious. Overall this was scrumptious but very sweet and rich. I could only get about ¾ of the way into it! The flavor was super yummy though and reminded me of strawberry Nesquik! This hit the spot after a long day in the heat, but isn’t something I’d order all the time due to the richness.

It was funny; I sat down on a ledge in Tomorrowland to drink this, and a family with 2 preteen-age kids stopped in their tracks and were like “WHERE did you get that?” :laughing:

After my tasty treat, I waited standby for Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin. The wait was only about 20 minutes- the crowds were really slowing down as it got later into the evening!

I got the highest score that I had ever gotten on this ride! I used to be absolutely dismal on this ride, but now that I’ve looked up the high-target shots, I’ve improved slightly each trip.

Clearly, I wasn't excited at all :rotfl:

By now, my fastpass was valid for Peter Pan’s Flight. So I headed on over to Fantasyland to ride that!

No pictures of Peter Pan, but I do have a picture of Pirates of the Caribbean, which is what I rode next.

By now, it was dark and about 30 minutes until Happily Ever After was going to start. I didn’t really feel like staking out a spot with the crowds on Main Street, so I decided to do something I had never done before and watch the fireworks from Fantasyland! I had heard of many people on the DIS trying this out and loving the new view, and since I had an AP this year, I figured that I would be watching lots of fireworks anyway and that I should mix it up!

As I was walking through Liberty Square, I saw a line snaking out over the Tangled bathrooms. Instantly, I knew what this was- the Tangled lantern Photopass spot!

I immediately stopped and weighed my options. This was something that I had always wanted to do, and the line didn’t look too terribly long. But, would I make it to the fireworks in time?

This was the moment where having an AP really sunk in. If this was a once-a-year trip, I would have forgone a cool Photopass opportunity to sweat it out with 534980293 other people to get a “good” fireworks spot because, well, that’s what you’re supposed to do in Disney World!

But, I was going to be back in 4 months! I could do whatever I wanted!! It felt like a huge sigh of relief to not feel like I had to pack everything in!

So, I waited in the line, and just people-watched and took in the sights of Fantasyland.

I LOVE the pre-fireworks show music so much. It’s a ten-minute track that has different Disney songs in a string quartet. This is my favorite track of the bunch:

When I hear this song, I am instantly teleported back to Magic Kingdom at night :love:

I waited about 45 minutes total, so the fireworks did end up starting when I was still in line. It was totally worth it though!!

The lighting was perfect this night and I loved how my picture turned out!

After my mini photoshoot, I beelined over to the Carousel to finish off the fireworks- it was at the Moana part when I got to my spot!

And, my verdict?

I loved this view. It was so much less stressful and crowded. Everyone was really spread out; you could just tell that this group of people were Disney veterans (I know them when I seem them ::yes:: ) Nobody was bumping into each other or blocking anyone’s view, and it was sooo cool to actually see where the fireworks were being shot off from!

I totally cried at the end of the fireworks. I used to cry every time at the end of Wishes, but with Happily Ever After, it rounds out to me crying about 1 out of every 4 times I watch ;)

Once the fireworks were done, I avoided the mad dash out of the park and rode the carousel. I was NOT ready to leave yet!

The park was still open for another half hour, so I strolled through Fantasyland and perused my options as to what my last ride of the trip would be (since I wasn’t planning on going to a park tomorrow). Naturally, I chose…

Mad Tea Party?! Who am I? This is definitely not a favorite of mine, but it was actually a really nice ride! I love riding by myself because then I don’t have to worry about other people spinning the cup into oblivion!

E8F4D762-6253-4E81-B12F-0D27CC789379.gif

I was expecting to feel sad after my last ride, but I really didn’t. It felt like such an accomplished trip and I was completely satisfied with all of the fun I got to experience! Plus, I feel like if the trip were any longer, I would start to miss my family a lot.

The park was just about to close, and I was feeling a bit hungry, but not starving. So, I got some popcorn and a Diet Coke from a stand right by the castle, and fished my Mickey Cookie out of my backpack from before!

So nutritious :laughing: This was such a peaceful moment. I sat on a ledge while eating my snacks, listened to the Main Street music, and watched Cinderella’s castle change colors. I also got to see the Kiss Goodnight!

I wasn’t in a rush to leave the park, so I decided to slowly make my way up Main Street and take some pictures.

I stopped in the Emporium to get my hands on the souvenir I had been eyeing up earlier! It was...

A potion purple spirit jersey! I was hesitant to buy this just because the spirit jerseys are a bit expensive, but I actually got a great deal on this due to my AP discount! This was such a good buy- I wear this literally all the time and it’s so comfortable! I’ve already bought a second spirit jersey this year and currently have two more in my cart on ShopDisney.com… I may have a problem ::yes::

I saw a Photopass photographer, and I wasn’t going to say no to a castle photoshoot!

I trudged towards the front of the park. Even though it was so late, I DID NOT want to leave! I made one last stop at the train station.

I thought that this was funny (oh, and by the way, I gained 8 lbs on this trip :scared1:)

One last view of the castle!

This was taken at about 12:20, so it was definitely a late night for me!

I usually cry after I leave Magic Kingdom for the last time, but I didn’t tonight. It felt amazing to have a whole year of trips ahead of me!

A bus came almost immediately for Beach Club, and I arrived back at the hotel at 12:38, which is really great timing!

Love this beautiful lobby so much!

I tiptoed back to the room and got ready for bed as quietly as possible since my roomies were already sleeping. I finally got to bed at about 1:00 AM. Departure day tomorrow, booooo!

I LOVE how you still call Hollywood Studios MGM!! I saw a tee-shirt on a website a while ago that I almost bought- it had a picture of the Mickey sorcerer hat and said "It's still MGM to me." I feel like you need that shirt ::yes:: Also the photos you took in One Man's Dream were amazing :laughing:
MGM Forever. Even Casey calls it that. I don't think she even realized what the real name was until a few years ago. And what do you know I have an epic etsy order going and I have this shirt in it currently. I keep loading up the cart with things I want and figure I'll widdle it down before our next trip. Didn't want to order too early in case I pack on another 50 pounds in quarantine :earboy2:

Gorgeous picture!

But now, in a twisted way, it makes me laugh to see all of the little kids freaking out! Maybe my brain is trying to cope with the trauma this show caused me as a 6 year-old?! :rolleyes1
I'm so with you, this is the best part of the trip. Someone on here suggested a fun game where you bet on how many kids will leave before the show is over. Makes for a fun sport.

Love the bucket. So cute

We looped around to Frontierland and rode my favorite ride in all of WDW...

I knew I liked you. My favorite too. Pretty good sure as you're born (or pretty good show us your bone in our house)

Oh Dad. Didn't he restaurant shut down like 4 or 5 years ago :confused3

I got the highest score that I had ever gotten on this ride! I used to be absolutely dismal on this ride, but now that I’ve looked up the high-target shots, I’ve improved slightly each trip.
Kelly showed me where a bunch of the high target shots were when we were there. I don't remember what my score was but recall it was much higher than normal. Of course I recall where none of them are now

What a great picture. So worth the wait

I loved this view. It was so much less stressful and crowded. Everyone was really spread out; you could just tell that this group of people were Disney veterans (I know them when I seem them ::yes:: ) Nobody was bumping into each other or blocking anyone’s view, and it was sooo cool to actually see where the fireworks were being shot off from!
This is our favorite fireworks location. We've actually only seen the show from in front of the castle once. I hate crowds and hate waiting even more so Fantasyland is perfect for us. Or of course the balcony at CG :D

we made a beeline for Pandora right away! We explored a little bit and snapped some pictures.

I love that you got a pic of Caroline taking a pic too!

I was looking forward to some solo AK time!

AK is such a great place to wander :love:

However, the more I thought about it, the more that I realized that I didn’t really feel like eating at a TS tonight. We had eaten a lot of rich, decadent food this trip, and I wasn’t sure if my stomach could handle even more of it. Luckily, Lesley and Caroline were super understanding and didn’t mind that I was backing out. It sounded like they had a great meal, and I was sad to be missing out on Round 2 of the Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake!

Aw, I could really go for some Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake right about now ::yes::

I remember being excited hearing that was going to open, and then I never even got to eat there before it closed :rotfl:

I got my yummy snack..

It’s the specialty strawberry milkshake from Auntie

:oops: Holy Moly!

I've read about all the tricks and I STILL suck :rotfl2:

I waited about 45 minutes total, so the fireworks did end up starting when I was still in line. It was totally worth it though!!

The lighting was perfect this night and I loved how my picture turned out!

Perfect pic 😍

I got some popcorn and a Diet Coke from a stand right by the castle, and fished my Mickey Cookie out of my backpack from before!

Great way to end a fabulous day!

I thought that this was funny (oh, and by the way, I gained 8 lbs on this trip :scared1:)

What a perfect last day at Disney!

I feel like this is a love-it-or-hate-it ride and I’m definitely in the love-it camp!
I love Dinosaur too.

we were planning on having dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern tonight.
Too bad you didn't feel up for it.

I have probably doubled that during all this stay at home stuff. LOL!!! Joe and I keep joking we will be overweight alcoholics when this is over...

I totally agree. I have 1.5 months left on my annual pass since it technically wasn't supposed to expire until May 1st.. but I'm not sure if I'd want to squeeze in another trip within a month of re-opening! It'll be way too different :(

Yeah, I can see that. :( No one could have predicted this in a million years.
Aren't we cute?!

LOL!! Yep. ;)

I was so disappointed! I think it would have been yummy with just a little bit of cheese on the side, but it looked like they literally dumped a cup of EZ cheese over the top!! :crazy2:

Gross. Just no!!

It was torrential! Although I would much rather be in a hotel room at WDW than at home in my apartment right now :laughing:

For sure!! ::yes::

This photo is so dreamy!

The CM was a little bit less nice about it though :scared:

Uh oh. A bit of snark?

but the single-rider line for EE usually goes pretty quick. However, as I was nearing towards Asia, I noticed that it wasn’t sending any cars down. Boooo!

UGH!, I hate that when you get all the way there and that happens. :(

This ride never fails to make my stomach fly into my throat, especially during the backwards hill in the dark!

Me too!!!! I LOVE IT!

I love the baby gorillas and could watch them all day!
Aww, me too! They are just so great to watch.

We had eaten a lot of rich, decadent food this trip, and I wasn’t sure if my stomach could handle even more of it. Luckily, Lesley and Caroline were super understanding and didn’t mind that I was backing out. It sounded like they had a great meal, and I was sad to be missing out on Round 2 of the Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake!

I can see that with your tummy being a bit on the wonky side.

As I was walking through Liberty Square, I saw a line snaking out over the Tangled bathrooms. Instantly, I knew what this was- the Tangled lantern Photopass spot!

Yep. Always that long.

I love it so much!

I avoided the mad dash out of the park and rode the carousel.

Perfect ride for anytime! But love that you did the teacups too!
I also got to see the Kiss Goodnight!

BEST way to end a trip!

LOVE the black and white!

All caught up! I'm not sure why I'm not getting the notifications.

I'm glad you decided to go to California Grill. That brunch looks just amazing! One of these days...

CG and HDDR on the same day sounds perfect! I'm sorry you had to wait so long for your room.

I love Gorilla Falls too. I could spend hours watching the gorillas.

That milkshake looked yummy!

Your lantern photo is just lovely and the black and white one in front of the castle came out really nice too. Well worth staying later in the park!

I never weigh myself after a Disney trip. Sadly, my clothes tell the tale. This quarantine is doing me any favors in that department either.

MGM Forever. Even Casey calls it that. I don't think she even realized what the real name was until a few years ago. And what do you know I have an epic etsy order going and I have this shirt in it currently. I keep loading up the cart with things I want and figure I'll widdle it down before our next trip. Didn't want to order too early in case I pack on another 50 pounds in quarantine :earboy2:

Gorgeous picture!

I'm so with you, this is the best part of the trip. Someone on here suggested a fun game where you bet on how many kids will leave before the show is over. Makes for a fun sport.

Love the bucket. So cute

I knew I liked you. My favorite too. Pretty good sure as you're born (or pretty good show us your bone in our house)

Oh Dad. Didn't he restaurant shut down like 4 or 5 years ago :confused3

Kelly showed me where a bunch of the high target shots were when we were there. I don't remember what my score was but recall it was much higher than normal. Of course I recall where none of them are now

What a great picture. So worth the wait

This is our favorite fireworks location. We've actually only seen the show from in front of the castle once. I hate crowds and hate waiting even more so Fantasyland is perfect for us. Or of course the balcony at CG :D

Haha, we're totally on the same wavelength!! :rotfl: I almost bought the shirt for my last trip!! I've gotten used to the new name over the years but it definitely took a while! I guess it makes sense because Disney has bought out so many other companies, but it will always be MGM to me too :)

Glad I'm not the only one with the sick fascination of kids screaming in It's Tough to Be a Bug! It's so funny because I was terrified of this show as a kid, but not of the typically scary parts. The worst part for me was... wait for it... the part where the bugs fling acorns at your face :laughing:

YAY fellow Splash Mountain lover!!

I will wait on Main Street with the crowds SOMETIMES, but watching from behind the castle is perfect, especially when you are planning to see HEA multiple times in one trip!

I love that you got a pic of Caroline taking a pic too!

AK is such a great place to wander :love:

Aw, I could really go for some Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake right about now ::yes::

I remember being excited hearing that was going to open, and then I never even got to eat there before it closed :rotfl:

:oops: Holy Moly!

I've read about all the tricks and I STILL suck :rotfl2:

Perfect pic 😍

Great way to end a fabulous day!

What a perfect last day at Disney!

I'm really starting to appreciate AK more and more! It is definitely the most detailed park and I could just walk around there and take pictures for hours!!

Haha, my dad always wanted to eat at Kouzzina too since we are all big fans of the Boardwalk and found ourselves there often, but the rest of us always shot it down because it sounded too exotic! :rotfl:

I really should find a recipe for the Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake... that may be simultaneously be the most dangerous and genius idea ever!! Your homemade Jack-Jack cookies looked delicous!

I love Dinosaur too.

Too bad you didn't feel up for it.

I have probably doubled that during all this stay at home stuff. LOL!!! Joe and I keep joking we will be overweight alcoholics when this is over...

Hope you're doing well, Jenny!! Haha oh, same here ::yes:: We all deserve to comfort eat/drink during this stressful time ❤

Yeah, I can see that. :( No one could have predicted this in a million years.

LOL!! Yep. ;)

Gross. Just no!!

For sure!! ::yes::

This photo is so dreamy!

Uh oh. A bit of snark?

UGH!, I hate that when you get all the way there and that happens. :(

Me too!!!! I LOVE IT!

Aww, me too! They are just so great to watch.

I can see that with your tummy being a bit on the wonky side.

Yep. Always that long.

I love it so much!

Perfect ride for anytime! But love that you did the teacups too!

BEST way to end a trip!

LOVE the black and white!

Haha, the CM at FOP was definitely snarky :rolleyes: She said something like "Next time, get a fastpass" :rotfl:

It was really a perfect last day!! Got to take some fun pictures, spend some time solo and with friends, and take it slow and go with the flow :love:

All caught up! I'm not sure why I'm not getting the notifications.

I'm glad you decided to go to California Grill. That brunch looks just amazing! One of these days...

CG and HDDR on the same day sounds perfect! I'm sorry you had to wait so long for your room.

I love Gorilla Falls too. I could spend hours watching the gorillas.

That milkshake looked yummy!

Your lantern photo is just lovely and the black and white one in front of the castle came out really nice too. Well worth staying later in the park!

I never weigh myself after a Disney trip. Sadly, my clothes tell the tale. This quarantine is doing me any favors in that department either.

No worries, glad you're back :)

The brunch at California Grill was so worth it! I'm already looking for a reason go to back...

Thanks for the nice words :cutie: I love staying super late and just walking around the empty park! It's nice to people watch and usually the calmest part of the day! They still pump in the music and I love watching the castle all lit up!

Oh, same with me ::yes:: Everyone is comfort eating and drinking during this quarantine and that is totally okay!!

I love your updates, as always! You also find the best Disney snacks! That milkshake looked so yummy!

Thanks girl!! :) Oh, I follow the Disney Food Blog RELIGIOUSLY before a trip! I'm a little embarrassed to confess this, but before every trip, I actually have a whole section on my planning spreadsheet with a list of snacks I want to try in every park :rotfl: It helps me keep track of all the yummy stuff I see on the DIS/Insta!

Sounds like a really nice day at AK!

And an even better time at MK! It's nice that you spent time with Lesley & Caroline as well as had a lot of solo time! It sounds like your last night was pretty perfect!

Sounds like a really nice day at AK!

And an even better time at MK! It's nice that you spent time with Lesley & Caroline as well as had a lot of solo time! It sounds like your last night was pretty perfect!

It was such a relaxing day despite being at parks for 15 hours straight! It was the perfect way to end the trip :)

Trip #1, Day 7- May 7th, 2019

Today was my last day in Disney, wahhh!

8AD8A29A-93BC-46B2-8734-E8932D68F739.gif

I woke up at about 8:15 AM and finished packing up my stuff. I was definitely sad, but it seemed like the right time to go. Most of my Epic trip girlfriends had already left for home, so that had softened the blow a lot since I didn’t really have any FOMO!

I had decided that I would stay around the resort area today and enjoy the pool before my departure instead of visit a park! I was leaving a lot earlier than I usually do. We usually try to get a 9:00 or 10:00 PM flight out on our departure day to get the most out of the day, but I decided to get a 3:30 PM flight out instead, since it was a Tuesday and I still had 3 days of work left in the week. Plus, it was a long enough trip that I felt better about not squeezing every last second out of the last day :thumbsup2

Since my Magical Express was due at 12:30, I only had about 4 hours left! Time to get the ball rolling!

I said goodbye to my roomies, who were flying out later in the day and had decided to go to Epcot to enjoy F&G. We all shared big hugs and I couldn’t help but get teary-eyed :( They made me feel so comfortable and had been the best roomies during this solo adventure for me!!

Goodbye, beautiful Beach Club room! I took one last photo of this painting near the coffee bar, which was just so cute!

I took my bags down to the lobby and did the airport check-in. I love this service so much and it’s an amazing perk of staying on site!

As I was hanging around the lobby, a man stopped me and asked if I went to college at UW La Crosse, since I was wearing a baseball cap with its logo! When I said yes, he got so excited and was telling me about his daughter that was a sophomore there now and finishing up her finals! It’s such a small world :) We raved about UWL for a few minutes and I got to talk to his wife for a bit too. Disney people are so nice!! They mentioned that seeing me made them feel bad about leaving their daughter at school instead of taking her along :rotfl:

After our fun little chat, it was time for breakfast! I had not had Mickey waffles yet this trip, and that needed to change immediately ::yes:: So, I headed over to the Beach Club Marketplace.

I ordered the kid’s portion of Mickey waffles with sausage and potatoes, and honestly, you would have thought I was speaking Mandarin Chinese to the workers. The CM asked me to repeat myself multiple times (and she was an American CP student too so I don’t think there was a language barrier), and they still got my order wrong twice :confused:. I felt bad for sending it back, but I really wanted my waffles! You could tell that the CM was getting frustrated, and kind of took it out on me, slamming the plate down on the counter and sort of huffing off.

I had heard about bad service at the BC Marketplace before, and definitely experienced it today :( Paired with the fact that the menu is super small, I will probably not be back to the Beach Club Marketplace anytime soon! It’s such a shame, because this is the only QS option over at BC. However, the QS at the YC was amazing and I had great experiences over there. So, if you’re staying at the BC, make the trek over to YC and eat at the Market at Ale and Compass instead!!

Despite the service, my Mickey waffles were delicious as always! I filled up my refillable mug with coffee.

Oh yeah, I got a refillable mug this trip :laughing: I believe I bought this on Day 2 after our VIP tour! You can see it in the top corner of my breakfast picture!

I also got some peanut butter and honey to put on top, because if you don’t put peanut butter on your pancakes/waffles, you’re not living (well, except if you’re allergic to nuts :scared1:)

I decided to eat outside on the patio near the Beach Club Villas, and it was so beautiful and peaceful out there! I sat near an adorable English group that had 2-3 families, all with young kids. From overhearing their conversation, it sounded like it was their first day and they were staying over at the BC villas. It also sounded like they were going to be there for at least two weeks. UGH, I was so jealous!

One of the little girls went up to her Mom and told her that she finished her bagel, and her mom made a huge fanfare about it, saying “WOW, you’re the best eater, I’m so proud of you!”

Meanwhile, I'm next to them like...

6B6E588B-6754-4CF2-802A-E46A6248475E.gif

I wish I was praised like that for finishing my meal :rotfl:

I had never seen the BC Villas before, so I decided to check it out after I was done eating breakfast!

I love this DVC statue :)

I want this painting in my bedroom!

The common area was so nice and cozy. This seems like a perfect place to wind down with the family after a long park day!

Someday, when I have a family of my own, I’m sure I’ll end up buying into DVC in some way. DVC members- tell me all about it!! Pros, cons, everything!

I walked through the hallways and also walked around the villas quiet pool. Then, I headed to the Market at Ale and Compass over at the YC. Back on Day 2, I had some souvenirs from Disney Springs shipped over here and I needed to pick them up!

My order wasn’t super huge; just a coffee mug, a set of some tea bags, and a Mickey Mouse tea diffuser. I gave my receipt to the lady at the desk, and she looked at me with a markedly confused face. She said, “This order was just picked up yesterday”

FBC84EE0-112A-41EA-A68B-19E4C4715E5E.gif

I politely asked how this was possible, since I had the only copy of the receipt in my hand ::yes:: She looked just as confused as I was and said that she’d double check the room with all of the orders! I also mentioned that it may be over at BC, since we had transferred over there a couple days ago and someone may have moved it there instead?

I waited for about 15 minutes, looking at all of the adorable clothes :) I had bought two shirts as souvenirs this week, so I definitely didn’t need any more clothes! But it was tempting! They were playing an instrumental version of “Shenendoah” in the shop, which immediately brought me back to Hoop-De-Doo a few nights ago :love:

Click to play video!

The lady came back, and lo and behold, my order was GONE! She said that it had registered in their system that somebody had come to pick it up!! This baffled both her and I, because you NEED to give the CM your receipt when you pick up an order (trust me, this is true! We experienced this firsthand on our next trip :crazy2:). And I had the copy of the receipt right there?!

The CM brought the manager over, and they both apologized and said that they would ship an identical order to my house right away. This actually worked out a lot better, since I didn’t have to worry about transporting these souvenirs with my carry-ons! Win for everyone :) My order did end up arriving about 5 days after I came home!!

With everything all straightened out, I headed straight for Stormalong Bay!

I spent about an hour and a half out by the pool! The weather was nice and warm, and the lovebug situation had definitely improved.

It felt really nice just to chill out and read my book! I did a fair amount of swimming this day and also put my feet in the hot tub (it was way too hot to get all the way inside)!

It was nearing 11:30 at this point, and I only had about an hour left in WDW :( I showered off in the locker room and changed, then strolled down to the Boardwalk.

I love the Boardwalk area so much; it has become my absolute favorite area in WDW to chill out. Even though the Poly is my favorite Disney resort, the Crescent Lake resorts definitely wins out for best resort area than the monorail resorts. The nightlife is awesome, the location can’t be beat, and it has such a fun vibe!

My destination was Ample Hills Creamery! I had visited here to get some free samples a couple days ago, and figured that an ice cream cone would be a perfect way to end the trip!

Except…

AMPLE HILLS CREAMERY WAS CLOSED! :sad:

FF3F17EC-E1B3-498E-B5AF-9157552C03A5.gif

It was currently 11:30, and the shop didn’t open until 12:00!! I was so bummed, I had really been hoping to try this out! I could have waited, but I didn’t want to to risk it and be late for DME. So, I took the walk of shame back to BC.

It was on the walk that I remembered that there was a perfectly good ice cream shop located right at my resort!!

Beaches and Cream!! I went up to the order window and perused my options.

Now, I have eaten at Beaches and Cream many times on past trips; I want to say I’ve been there 5 times!! I’ve tried a lot of the sundaes on the menu there, and hands-down, my favorite has always been the No Way Jose Sundae! Let’s hear more about this beauty…

“A peanut butter and hot fudge delight featuring chocolate and vanilla ice cream, peanut butter and chocolate morsels, whipped cream, and a cherry.”

:love:

Unfortunately, this is not a menu choice at the walk-up window. However, after using my best manners and asking very sweetly if I could please have a small version of the No Way Jose, the CM at the counter said…

“Of course we can do that, princess”

0CD5E917-16BE-4EA7-938A-3AA71AAA2E68.gif

I was so happy!! I was getting my ice cream fix after all! LOOK AT THIS!

Remember how I said that the Plaza’s All-American Sundae did not have enough peanut butter for me?! Well, this MORE than made up for it! It was COVERED in PB!

F3466DCA-B94F-4C00-80CE-4659658284C4.gif

This was kinda how I felt after eating it :rotfl: Note- this is a ½ sized version of the original sundae, and I still couldn’t finish it!! This baby is massive!!

After I finished my sundae, it was the dreaded time to hop aboard my DME :sad: I hung out in the lobby and charged my phone for a bit, and the bus came right at 12:30.

The rest of my travel day was pretty uneventful!

See you in August, Mickey!

I got to MCO in plenty of time to get through security and do a bit of browsing in the gift shops! Since my flight wasn’t until 3:30, I had TONS of time to sit around and relax before my flight. This is one of my pet peeves about DME; I get that they don’t want to be liable if you miss your flight, but they always get you to the airport wayyyy too early!

My flight back was smooth! I slept most of the way, but for the last 30 minutes or so, I chatted with the family sitting next to me. They were just coming back from a Disney cruise!

My flight landed in Milwaukee at 5:30 PM!

I was NOT happy to be back in the Wisconsin weather!!

Oddly enough, I actually ran into one of my coworkers, Cassie, near the gate! She works in HR and is so nice! She was heading off to Arizona with her fiancee for a long weekend :cutie: She made a comment saying, “Wow, I didn’t even realize that you were gone this past week!” And I was like, “I guess that’s a good thing” because we usually only see HR if there’s any trouble :laughing:

Tom picked me up from the airport, and I arrived home at about 6:15 PM. I was soooo bummed that my Epic girl’s trip was over!! It was everything I dreamed of and more!! I love all of you ladies so much, and thanks for an amazing trip! ❤

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!