An odd question

"thegirls"

Mouseketeer
Hi Alll ~ I rarely visit here but maybe I'll check-in more often. I teach special needs children and find your posts very interesting and informative!

My question: I have a 21yr. old student who is going to WDW with his family in oct. 2004. His mother asked me if I know if the "adult' status for handicapped chilren applies. She was suprised to have to pay the $25.00 extra fee/night when she called for reservations. There will be just the three of them in the room(Mom, Dad and Son). I'm hoping that someone here may have experienced this deliema.

Thanks for any and all help!!!

As far as I know it doesn't matter if the person is handicapped or not. Adult staus is age 18 as far as the extra fee is concerned. Have had to pay it for a while with my kids even though they were still legally dependents.

Lisa is right, he might be her child, but as far as Disney is concerned he's an adult. Room, admissions, character meals, will all be charged at the adult rate.

Thank you for the quick replies Talking Hands and PhillyBeth!! It is unfortunate because he IS legally 'dependant' !! Thanks for the insight!! and HAPPY MOTHERS DAY to the MOST special kind of Mothers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks but I am the handicapped one in my family. While one daughter is handicapped (ADHD, physically handicapped, LD) she is not dependent on me. NOt one of those special Moms. Just an ESE substitute teacher and a sign language interpreter.

Sorry to tell you this Talking hands but ALL MOM's are special MOM's> :grouphug:
You might me more dependent on your daughter but I've very sure in lots of ways she is still very dependent on you. :love1:

Thank you Sarahsmom. Actually she is a grown woman working on a Master's degree but she still comes to me to talk about problems. She says I'm her best friend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter