An UNWRITTEN rule at your work

These are more uwitten rules for my profession, and not so much just my office:

Never anger the boss' assistant.
Gifts (e.g. paying for lunch) flow down from the top of the food chain, not up.
If offered a gift from someone higher up on the food chain, do not politley refuse more than twice.

In my job, if you are pre-tenure you need to work Saturday and Sunday, at least some of the time. If you're not seen in the office on the weekends it's like you're not doing your job.

never EVER rat on anyone.
are you a gangster
ft73Ulq.jpg

....my sistah did that ONCE......just ONCE.

No fish can be microwaved.

Along the same line, please don't bring a can of sardines for lunch. A nurse that I used to work with brought a can almost every single day, and it took me forever to figure out why the break room always smelled of something rotten (she'd keep the can on her lap and pop 'em in when she didn't think anyone was looking!).

Along the same line, please don't bring a can of sardines for lunch. A nurse that I used to work with brought a can almost every single day, and it took me forever to figure out why the break room always smelled of something rotten (she'd keep the can on her lap and pop 'em in when she didn't think anyone was looking!).
DOUBLE ew.

Retired now but the UNWRITTEN rule at my work was .. the harder you worked, the more responsibilities you got piled on while the slackers got less and less, which makes sense I guess..a supervisor once said “It’s easier to take the path of least resistance”. Time does goes by faster the busier you are but yet it just didn’t seem right.

Retired now but the UNWRITTEN rule at my work was .. the harder you worked, the more responsibilities you got piled on while the slackers got less and less, which makes sense I guess..a supervisor once said “It’s easier to take the path of least resistance”. Time does goes by faster the busier you are but yet it just didn’t seem right.
They do say that if you want a job done, hand it to the busiest person you see.

Trouble is, nearly everyone thinks they're the hard worker that got piled on and most of the other employees are the slackers.

Trouble is, nearly everyone thinks they're the hard worker that got piled on and most of the other employees are the slackers.
Totally agree but odds are you’re getting more work done if you remain at your desk and not out wandering around making small talk with coworkers or out smoking a cigarette when it isn’t your break time.

My staff know these as I say them often.
1) Family first, work/life balance is a must.
2) Never let me get blindsided, tell me if there is a problem.
3) Live the values; Caring, Honesty, Respect & Responsibility.
4) We all make mistakes, own it, learn from it and move on.

Those are great. But would never fly in my place.

If you need to do #2 in the restroom, use the last stall in the corner. Typically the first 4 stalls are frequented all day long. But, if you need to do "business", you go to #7 or #8. That's just the way it is.

My office (and my supervisors) live by this as well. One of the first places I've worked at where actions match these words. I feel very lucky.

This is my unwritten rule.
I Do NOT answer the phone if I think it could be work. Which it rarely, rarely, ever would be.
I work from home so it's me, myself, and I all day long. Until "they" pay for my phone bill, I'll answer that phone IF and WHEN I feel like it. (I am available via email)

On a similar note, leaving me a voicemail that just says, "call me" is absolutely, positively NOT going to result in me calling you. And I don't care who you are. If you can't be bothered to even clue me in as to why you called, I'm going to assume it wasn't important enough to warrant a response.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!