Anaheim Plaza Hotel

sacandjac

Earning My Ears
Does anyone have any information on this hotel? We are currently booked at the Park Vue, but are getting nervous after reading some of the posts. We definitely want to stay in this general vicinity (South Harbor Blvd) so that we have a short walk. Thanks for any information. Jill

I've posted a number of times about the plaza. We like it alot.

Zoe,

Ive heard the beds are pretty hard...can you confirm this?? I cannot sleep on a hard mattress...I have to have it way softer..thanks :goodvibes

Have to apologize. I had made a rather detailed reply to someone elses post about the Plaza, but for the life of me can't find it, so I imagine you won't be able to either....let me see if I can recreate.....

Our family really liked the Anaheim Plaza, enough so that we stayed there last trip and are staying there again in March. There are definitely pro's and cons to the place.

Pro: cheap (we're staying for $72 per night the week before Easter), directly across the street from DL (it's down a bit further, but it works out in our favor, it's on the corner with a cross walk over to DL property. we cross there and avoid all the congestion in front of the long line of hotels and walk on DL landscaped property. Nice little walk, not too crazy at all.), it has a big pool and it was warm when we were there in Nov., the rooms were very large (ours had 2 Q beds with more than enough walking room and quite a bit of space between beds and walls on sides), the bathroom was nice (It had a large vanity outside the closed br door, and the tub was very big), we were actually impressed by the beds, both my DH and I were very comfortable (to answer your question, I honestly don't recall whether they were hard, we just both recall that they were comfortable), fridge and micro in the rooms, kids under 9 eat free, nice gift shop on site, at the time, they didn't charge for parking (though I've heard that might have changed) and they let us stay in the lot for the entire day on check out day, there's a bar on site, they have "family suites" which are really two rooms together with a connecting door that are cheaper than many of the regular rooms in other Harbor hotels ($150 per night was what we paid in Nov.) Placing your reservation over the internet is typically cheaper. If I recall, they had a later check out. I want to say noon, but may have been 11.

Cons: The hotel is an older one and it looks like it. There weren't key cards, there were actual keys, and you could only get two . The hotel is only two floors and there didn't appear to be any elevators to the second floor. There's a banquet room near the pool, and it's one of the few in the area, so on Friday and Sat. nights, you may have a big party there. That impacts the hotel guests in a few ways, (a) increase of noise and rowdiness, (b) increase of non-hotel guest "traffic" through the hotel grounds, (c) a huge impact on parking (think twice before leaving the hotel parking lot if you know there's a big party....it took me literally 30 minutes of circling the hotel to find a place to park when I ran out to 7-11). The "arcade" is actually two or three games. There is no room service. We didn't eat at the restaurant, but a bummer was they only served breakfast (and I think it was only a buffet) and dinner. No lunch. There were no bathroom/changing facilities near the pool, and no jacuzzi, which I personally really missed. The staff was mediocre, not rude, just fairly inept. There was a mixup with a previous cancellation that never got cancelled and my credit card was charged, and it took me numerous calls to get in touch with the management. When we checked in, our room had already been paid due to that mixup and the staff didn't know what to do with that. I remember thinking it was a bummer not to be able to lock the door high enough that my DD couldn't reach it. I don't recall if they had deadbolts.

All in all, we enjoyed it there. I do have to say we only stayed the one day, though, this will be our first multi-day trip. They've made attempts at little landscaping and I find it quaint. If you're on first floor, they have little walkways and plants and flowers and it reminded me of walking up to an apartment from when I lived in the area. Also, one of the "cons", the age of the buildings, was kind of a benefit, because since the building is older, it's made of sturdier materials and I remember thinking it was so quiet. Didn't hear our neighbors talking.
For us, the cons don't impact us enough to change our decision. We don't spend a ton of time in the hotel anyway. The fridge helps us cut down on costs. And it's really close to DL.

Hope that gives you enough info. If you have specific questions that I didn't address, let me know.

Thanks Zoemakes5! Just what we needed to know. We are going to change from Parkvue Inn to Anaheim Plaza. I have not read too much good about Parkvue Inn and was getting nervous. Thanks again for your help!!

No problem! We actually looked at a bunch of different options this time. I spent two days doing research to see what I might find. We contemplated a kids' suite at Holiday and other kinds of places. My DH said "we can either stay 3 days at Anaheim plaza or we can spend two days at the other places". For me it was a no brainer! :rotfl2: But, I wouldn't have stayed there if I didn't like it to begin with!

We've got reservations there in 3 weeks. :woohoo: I made them over the internet and they had a special for $59/night (not sure how long it's going on). I liked the price and the location plus the fact they had the fridge and micro.

So we'll see! :wave:

We stayed there for 10 nights in 2005 and didn't have any problems. We booked from Expeida and got a good deal. We were in a room with a king bed since it was just DH and I. We thought it was comfortable, I can't remember if it was soft or not. I generally don't like hard beds so I wouldn't think it was too bad. We also had a nice little surprise of being able to see the fireworks from our balcony. Of course it is a large property I would say that not very many of the rooms have a view like that. We also had a great view of the TOT, it was directly in front of our room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter