$ and DISCON

Peanut

Mouseketeer
I really want to go to the next DISCON. I am concerned about $ of course. I have stayed at the YC and the BC before and even with terriffic discounts it can get a little pricey. Does anyone know about how much it costs to go to DISCON? How about last year? Did Disney give out good discounts for DISers? Thanks all!

Peanut there is a thread here by Ray Sharpton with last year's stuff on this board.

The price for DISCON last year was $229, and it was a Bargain for what you got. I am sure it will probably be more this year, and if they add the extra day like they are thinking even more at that. It may sound like a lot but it wasn't for what you got.
  • opening reception with snacks and Fruit Punch
  • Character Breakfast with a hot breakfast buffet that included one nphoto per person, and there were i believe 5-6 characters who came
  • Dessert beuffet with a private viewing area at Fantasmic
  • Dinner at one of the World Showcase Restaurant
  • Dessrt Party with a special viewing area for Illuminations - The highlight of the convention events for me
  • continental farewell breakfast

you can ask anyone who attended and they will tell you it was worth every penny. There are some who would say it was worth that just for the Illuminations, it was so magical that night.

hope this helps

Will you be able to do stuff separately this year? There are some I want to do, and some I don't. I thought I read somewhere where you would be able to do this?:)

I think it was mentioned that maybe, just <i>maybe</i> a weekend only events package was being considered...that's the only thing I've heard anyhow.

Penny :)

I hope there will be some stuff separately...with 2 little ones, we will not be able to afford it...:( :(

i hope there will be some separately too. if not, i will probably just do some of the mini meets, like the Guiness, fish and chips thingie at rose and crown.:)

I'm guessing that the events will be as they were in 2001 - an all or nothing deal. You might be able to work out an arrangement with someone else so they can go to the events that you aren't interested in.

I was at DIS-CON with my DH and 3 kids. I considered registering one additional family member so my DH and kids (all over the age of 10) could take turns going to the events with me. I ended up not doing that, so I was away from my family whenever a DIS-CON event was taking place.

Hi, Peanut! I hope that you can go, too, Peanut.

Click-on my signature below for old info from last year and new, very tenative information for this year.

Last year Linda and Mac-key Mouse were able to get a great resort price at the Yacht and Beach Club Resort for about $115.00 per night during the official DIS-CON-I event, if you bought the full package.

The only discounts that we got from Disney was what Linda and Mac-key Mouse were able to arrange with the official event. I think that they did get special prices to separate events to MK's Keys to the Kingdom Tour and maybe the GF Barb-for-real Tea meet.

RaySharpton

We did not register at DIS-CON last year because we were there on a budget which simply did not include the $$$ necessary for DH & I to register. We also were only going to be at WDW thru Sat. AM, so we would have been unable to attend any of the SAT or Sun events, and we had booked MVMCP for Fri night. Since we would be missing so many events we decided not to register and just do mini-meets. I really felt that even though we had a great time and were able to meet and spend time with many DIS-CONers, we missed out on the best parts of DIS-CON! I would have loved the opportunity to be able to pay for events separately so we could attend those events we could fit into our schedule, but I do understand the administrative nightmare that kind of flexibility would involve. I'm trying to work out the details of our next trip now so I will be able to register and take advantage of being a full participant in DIS-CON this time! :D

Right now we just don't know what will be offered.......but I wanted to reitterate what Patrick (Patinmn) said........and that is we got a lot of 'bang' for our 'buck' last year. I was unable to afford the hotel package, so I registered as an 'events-only' participant, and for $229, it was worth every penny. Now I imagine it will be a little more this year, and the events will vary slightly, but I'm counting on the 'value' to be the same. :)

I hope you can come peanut. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter