And here is where you write in my tip

Status
Not open for further replies.
it might help with guests who are from outside the US and are not used to tipping, but US guests do not appreciate being reminded of or asked for a tip. if they are going to do it this way, then maybe they should just do auto tip on all restaurant checks instead of limiting it to parties of 6 or more.

Wow IF that was my bill a big ol fat ZERO would be placed in there!

A tip is totally dependent on the service we get, nobody is going to tell me I need to leave $$$ for them, that is MY choice period, no paper is going to tell me otherwise.....

This is very interesting! I was there last week and ate at various TS (no dining plan) and this never came up. The server just dropped off the bill and left, returning when they saw I had my CC or GC ready. I didn’t have to fill in anything before they took the card, I filled it in and signed the final receipt they brought back to me. I always tip in cash and write ‘cash tip’. Honestly, I didn’t even notice that the process was different! I do think it’s pretty tacky to be blatantly reminding people to leave a tip.

I am a tipper. That felt strange having to say that.

I have heard some great suggestions here as to how to fix/deal with this matter. I agree that this is just tacky and I would be put out by having to hear that "this is where my tip goes" speech. Let management know how you feel about it that can and will bring change. Oh wait we are taking about Disney scratch that last part.
I like the ideas of a table top payment system. In todays world with all of the scary reports of skimmers being used to get our CC info causing the headaches and the monetary loss that cost all of us money in the form of fees and interest I think the less time my CC is out of my sight the more comfortable I am.

But allow me to take it one step further anyone use the outback app? I do and it great where I can pull my bill up through my app and pay the bill. I don't have to allow my CC out of my sight. So why can't that system of payment be integrated into the MDE app?
Now that will never fix the problem of those classless individuals who don't tip.

But auto gratuity is not the answer it has been my experience when I have been in such placed or used TIWL card where the tip is added to the bill automatically the quality of service falls off as they don't have to give great or even good service. I am also not opposed to having a restaurant charge me a realistic price for a meal that would allow them to pay their service persons a better wage and eliminate the gratuity system.

My 2cents

I think this is how it was for me, too on my last trip last Nov./Dec. It's always such a weird and confusing process with them coming back multiple times, I feel like I get whiplash. It's definitely more complicated than it's ever been before.
As well, it really adds to the time taken at TS restaurants. They should want to get us out and back into the parks, freeing up the table as soon as possible. It's VERY annoying waiting and waiting and waiting when you're done your meal and just want to pay and get going.

But auto gratuity is not the answer..
I agree, you aren't entitled to a gratuity you earn it by provided quality customer service. Go above and beyond and you'll get more type of thing. I think SOME not all servers have gotten to the point where they phone it in knowing they are going to get at least 15%. That can add up quickly when you think of the size of a servers section of tables.

I don't use the Outback app but have noticed when I order Olive Garden pick up, a gratuity is now included automatically. You have the option to change it and completely take it off which I do. I'll tip based on the service I get when I get to the restaurant.

didn’t have to fill in anything before they took the card,
I think this is what confuses the Brits. So here, one never let one’s credit cards out of sight. One is given a bill usually in a little book type thing, one checks it, places the card slightly showing in the book type thing, the waiter comes over with a portable card machine, sometimes the card machine gives the option of whether or not one wants to leave a tip, sometimes it doesn’t and one has to either ask the waiter to add on a tip or leave it in cash discreetly as one leaves the restaurant.
We don’t actually sign anything. I do now always ask the waiter whether staff receive the tips or whether it goes directly in the owner’s pocket.
I suspect lots of Brits are confused, not by the the requirement to tip, but by the toing and froing necessitated by the US system.
I would also prefer for a standardised amount to be added, then if I am not happy I can address it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter