And now for a change of plans-A Dec '18 Solo TR - COMPLETED 9/19

Congratulations on DVC . For some reason , I think you will get your moneys worth on that investment

I really want to do the Africa trek, I think the min age is 8, so I’m waiting a few years or doing it with out the kids.... but it’s def on the list!

Sucked that you got sick, but you seemed to make the most of it and honestly sometimes it’s nice to take it easy, even if your body has to force you to do that!

So glad you made it back here to do your final post! I enjoyed following along on this report and getting to know you and your touring style. Wow, you really do have an ornament problem! But I have a serious pin problem so I don't judge. And all the ornaments you brought home were beautiful <3

I enjoyed your report! Christmas time at the parks is really a fun time!

I can’t believe your Asia trip is in just 4 weeks, wow!
Thanks! And I know - so close!
You got some really cute ornaments, I get my Grandchildren an ornament for Christmas every year and we're going to get them at Disney World this year. It will be a first Christmas ornament for my Grandson. Have fun in Asia, these next four weeks are going to fly by.
I always plan on getting 1 ornament per trip but come home with like 5!
Congrats! But be careful because before you know it, you'll be getting that pesky addonitis!

I loved reliving your trip with you. There is just something about WDW at Christmas…I've been twice, once in 2008 and once in 2015 (to say good-bye to the Osborne Lights). There has been so much added even since then and I'm dying to go back.

Your little Mickey & Minnie ornament is adorable :love:
I definitely felt the addonitis for a bit. But I think I should be good for a bit! Especially now they changed the direct benefits to 100 points - ouch!
WOOHOO!!! Welcome Home!

Yes, definitely a conundrum! It is amazing to be able to fully unpack/pack just once on the trip but then you do only get to see one resort! It's nice that you have different trips where you can change it up and get a little of both worlds.

Okay this is so cool!
I do think it will be nice to have one primary resort! Of course, in May I ended up doing a 4-way split!
I very much enjoyed your TR! And love all the ornaments!!
Thanks! I'm a bit ornament crazy!
Only a month till your trip!!! YEAH!!!! It will go by fast.

Love all of the ornaments!

Great trip report, yet again!
Haha, thanks!
Congratulations on DVC . For some reason , I think you will get your moneys worth on that investment
Oh I hope so!
I really want to do the Africa trek, I think the min age is 8, so I’m waiting a few years or doing it with out the kids.... but it’s def on the list!

Sucked that you got sick, but you seemed to make the most of it and honestly sometimes it’s nice to take it easy, even if your body has to force you to do that!
Yeah, I think 8 is the age limit. Also, there are some big gaps in the bridge you have to stop over (though nothing feels unstable-it's pretty bolted down), so little kids could have issues getting across!
So glad you made it back here to do your final post! I enjoyed following along on this report and getting to know you and your touring style. Wow, you really do have an ornament problem! But I have a serious pin problem so I don't judge. And all the ornaments you brought home were beautiful <3
Thanks! I'm a bit worried about the ornaments I will bring back from Asia. Because I sometimes turn keychains into ornaments, and I know the Japanese love cute keychains!

Really enjoyed your report. Disney at Christmas is just magical. I want to go back at that time some day. I also have an ornament problem. I always buy one from everywhere we travel as I love reliving the rips when we hang them up each year. I have been collecting since I was a kid and everyone knows I love Christmas so I get them as gifts a lot. After we got married at Christmas and got a ton we finally had to politely ask people to stop giving them to us. I am looking forward to the day I can have two Christmas trees. Looking forward to your Asia adventures.

I don't even want to look in my "unread threads" tab!
I soooo hear this. It's where I am right now.
I'm starting at the oldest unread and working my way up.
You're at the top (bottom?) of the list so here I am!
I mentioned after the DVC Tour I had some follow-up. Well, on my last night at CCV I took out some paper and pen and did some calculations to see if it would be worth it to buy DVC. I considered buying direct vs resale vs a combination. I also asked my friends to see what they thought. And in the end, it worked out best to buy resale (I did check listings for smaller resale contracts, though they all had significant markups vs a moderate sized contract).
Interesting...
Shat was it that swayed you? I did a DVC tour too, this last trip and... pondering.
Within 2 months I had closed and am officially a DVC owner!
Congrats!
Also, thankfully, I got in before the resale booking restrictions came into play in mid-January.
Um… what resale booking restrictions?

Never mind! Found this:
Effective January 19, 2019, new resale purchases for the fourteen current DVC properties can only be used at those 14 resorts.
Resale points purchased after that date will not be eligible for reservations at Disney's Riviera Resort, Reflections, A Disney Lakeside Lodge or any other future Disney Vacation Club property.

What a scam! Not cool, Disney!
My first time doing a 3-way
:earseek:
split stay,
Oh!

Um… er… okay, then.

:rolleyes1
My first time staying DVC, which I obviously really liked.
:laughing: Obviously.
(I did too when we did it. :))
Of course, my first time really getting sick at WDW.
Which sucked. :hug:
I’m sure I’ll think of other things, but feel free to ask questions!
I did!

I soooo hear this. It's where I am right now.
I'm starting at the oldest unread and working my way up.
Haha, I do the same thing! Well, sort of. I also prioritize ones I’ve commented on already or are for people I know better!
Interesting...
Shat was it that swayed you?
Hmm, well I definitely loved the room layout-it worked great for me. I considered how much it would cost to continue renting, as well as not having the flexibility to make changes. Like this upcoming Feb trip-I had the 2 nights booked and then needed to add on 5 more. If I wasn’t DVC, I would probably need to pay cash for a room and then still have to do a split stay. I ended up having to piece all the days together over the weeks until I got 1 continuous stay-that wouldn’t have worked while renting!
Um… what resale booking restrictions?

Never mind! Found this:
Effective January 19, 2019, new resale purchases for the fourteen current DVC properties can only be used at those 14 resorts.
Resale points purchased after that date will not be eligible for reservations at Disney's Riviera Resort, Reflections, A Disney Lakeside Lodge or any other future Disney Vacation Club property.

What a scam! Not cool, Disney!
Yeah. And they keep adjusting things, like requiring the 100 point minimum for direct purchase. Pretty $$$

Haha, I do the same thing! Well, sort of. I also prioritize ones I’ve commented on already or are for people I know better!
Interesting!
I guess I feel that if I prioritize, that I might offend someone.
("How come you got to _____'s TR a week ago and mine only now? I thought we were friends!")
Silly, probably... but that's just me. :)
Hmm, well I definitely loved the room layout-it worked great for me. I considered how much it would cost to continue renting, as well as not having the flexibility to make changes. Like this upcoming Feb trip-I had the 2 nights booked and then needed to add on 5 more. If I wasn’t DVC, I would probably need to pay cash for a room and then still have to do a split stay. I ended up having to piece all the days together over the weeks until I got 1 continuous stay-that wouldn’t have worked while renting!
I did not expect you to say that! I hadn't even thought of that.

I am looking a bit myself and... leaning towards not purchasing. I don't go enough, I think. I went twice this year, but... that was an anomaly. Usually do one a year... or less.

I thought you were going to say that you weighed the cost difference between resale and the discounts lost over time.
For myself, I really don't purchase merchandise so that's a moot point. If I had an AP, then that discount would offset the DVC discount I was missing out on (although at the price of an AP... if I'm only going once a year (or less), I won't be getting that either.)
Still haven't made up my mind. The 2019 restrictions (thanks for that!) are really making me lean towards "nope", though.
Yeah. And they keep adjusting things, like requiring the 100 point minimum for direct purchase. Pretty $$$
:sad2:
Look, Disney. If you really don't want me to get it, I won't.

Great trip report. I got back about 10 days ago from my September trip where I tried out the getting sick on the trip. Yeah - urgent care during a trip really does suck. And I was really pathetic about 2 days and barely went out of the room.

Congrats on the DVC purchase. I said my 200 point were enough and then add-on-itis struck. And yeah, it is not even close to enough. And I am up to 425 and still thinking I want to get to 500 points.

Let me know if you have any interest in the MM at DCA on 11/14. I know you can't book it, but I am planning to and will probably have an extra ticket.

Great trip report. I got back about 10 days ago from my September trip where I tried out the getting sick on the trip. Yeah - urgent care during a trip really does suck. And I was really pathetic about 2 days and barely went out of the room.

Congrats on the DVC purchase. I said my 200 point were enough and then add-on-itis struck. And yeah, it is not even close to enough. And I am up to 425 and still thinking I want to get to 500 points.

Let me know if you have any interest in the MM at DCA on 11/14. I know you can't book it, but I am planning to and will probably have an extra ticket.
Thanks so much for the offer! I probably will skip, since I'm getting back from Asia the Sunday before and know I will still be trying to get re-situated! But we should try to meet up one time at Disneyland!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter