And still more: Pizzafari, Le Cellier, Pepper Market, Spoodles

donaldsgal

DIS Veteran
For even more reviews, check out: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=16184242#post16184242

Saturday 12/30
Pizzafari:
I had the Caesar salad with grilled chicken and an order of breadsticks with marinara sauce. It was very good – a large salad that I couldn’t finish. The breadsticks had some cheese on them, and the sauce was very good. Mom had the Hot Italian Style Sandwich and Chips – she said it was delicious. Melissa had the chicken parmesan sandwich and also really enjoyed it. The restaurant was colorful and spacious. We liked it and will be back.

Le Cellier:
Well, folks, this is perhaps one of the most largely contested dining locations in Disney. Our verdict: WE. LOVED. IT. My mom adored this place. She’d had bad room service pizza the night before, so she ate this place up (no pun intended). I had the shrimp cocktail, which wasn’t what I was expecting. I wasn’t prepared for the spiciness of the shrimp. Mom had the same appetizer and enjoyed it. Melissa had the Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup, and we ended up swapping appetizers. She liked my shrimp and the soup, and I preferred the soup. It was creamy, not too hot, and just very, very good. We all liked the bread and particularly liked the multi-grain bread. Our entrees were the 14 oz New York Strip Steak for Mom and Melissa and the Le Cellier Mushroom Filet Mignon (which earned a smile and thumbs up from our waitress Heather). We all LOVED our meals. My filet was done just right – not burnt and no pink inside. It was tender, juicy, and very flavorful. I really enjoyed the mushroom risotto – it wasn’t too soft or undercooked. The fried parsnips had a nice crunchy texture. The butter sauce was very good. I ordered a side of the cream cheese mashed potatoes just to experience them, and they were quite good. My mom and sister loved their steaks and took them home to enjoy later. We split the Chocolate Moose “Mousse” and it was just like I like it – a tan, creamy fluffy texture coated with dark brown, fine crumbles. The whole meal was exceptional and we enjoyed it thoroughly. It’d said it was my favorite meal of the trip.

Sunday 12/31
Pepper Market:
Mom and Melissa went to PM for lunch and enjoyed the various stations and selections. They said it was a great lunch (I was lounging in bed in the room watching the “Ugly Betty” marathon).

Spoodles:
Melissa had the garlic shrimp appetizer and I had the grilled lamb kabob. The sauce on the lamb was quite hot, but it was good. I really liked Melissa’s shrimp – presented on a lovely plate with a firm, juicy flavor. It wasn’t overly garlic-flavored and the shrimp were huge!
For entrees, Melissa had the rigatoni and said it was very good. I had the oak-fired salmon. I had never had it before, and I enjoyed it. It was prepared medium as recommended. It was flaky and tender with a nice flavor. The rice underneath was a nice compliment – a bit salty but very tasty. I liked the ratatouille but picked around it as I wasn’t feeling well.

Overall, our meals were great. We’re looking forward to trying several new places again in June. I think it’s safe to say Le Cellier, Pizzafari, and Columbia Harbour House will be visited more frequently now. Teppanyaki and Sunshine Seasons will remain pretty consistent regulars in our trips. We are glad we visited all the places we did – we had good service everywhere and had plenty of food.

Hope this helped!

I've been looking forward to trying Spoodles. Would you go back? I think it sounds very good. Thanks for your reviews!

Thanks for sharing your reviews, I enjoyed reading them. :donald:

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

I've been looking forward to trying Spoodles. Would you go back? I think it sounds very good. Thanks for your reviews!

Yes, we'd go back. In fact, this was our third visit. We've enjoyed every meal. While other meals this trip were more enjoyable, Spoodles is a good experience with very good food.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter