And yet another DDP question

jwsqrdplus2

<font color=green>I suddenly got inspired<br><font
Bottom line: is the DDP a good idea for us??

History: we have done several trips to WDW. Most before DDP was introduced. About 1/2 without kids (before they were born) and about 1/2 with kids.

We did a trip in 2005 (Sep 24 - Oct 2) with kids and the DDP. We loved the DDP especially since we were there opening weekend of the Food and Wine Fest (Sep 30 - Oct 2) and being able to use snack credits there was a bonus we were not expecting. We were able to do 3 character meals which DDs loved.

Now the dilemma:

We are tentatively planning a kid-free trip during Food and Wine Festival for my 40th :eek: B-day. I know in advance that I want to try to do a Party for the Senses, and I would like to have my 40th :eek: B-day dinner at Victoria and Albert's. That would cover 2 of the 6 or 7 "TS" meals.

DH and I are more likely to grab breakfast in our room, then lunch on the fly. But we really enjoy having a nice dinner. Last year, most of our snack credits went towards water and the F&W Fest. A couple of ice creams here and there (to keep DDs happy), but not much.

I have been wresltling with this in my mind for several days now, and I cannot figure out if it would be worth it. On the one hand, we could try restaurants that I would be less likely to take my girls (7 and 4), including some of the signature (2 TS) restaurants. On the other hand, knowing that I am already paying for 2 "TS" meals out of pocket makes me wonder.

I *think* am leaning towards it would be a good idea, but I just don't know.

Thoughts???

37,99 a day. It cost us at least $60 for dinner for 2 of us, without desert.

Dh and I did the same thing, as you, last year. We went to WDW during the F&WF for my 40th birthday.

We also were there last year during the free dining promotion with the kids and we LOVED it. But for us alone, we thought it was a waste of money. With DH and I , we tend to do more CS with less TS than if the kids are with us. So we opted out.

We are going this September again with the kids and are getting the DDP. We feel with the kids its more than worth it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter