andrea's(babar) journal!!

babar

<font color=red>Has many quirks</font><br><font co
okay, just my journal of what I have eaten with calorie totals at the end. I'm sure this will be a boring read for everyone, but it helps me keep track!!

Oh, I don't have my exact starting weight yet. I can't find a scale(don't own one), would you believe I work in a hospital? They moved the one I used to use, so time to go find a new one. I'll have my weight by Monday.

April 23

breakfast: chocolate milk:eek:
lunch: yogurt, apple
dinner: whole wheat tortilla roll-up with cheese, turkey, chilli dijon spread
snack: baked chips and salsa
water: 51 oz

total calories 810
total fat grams 21.5

walked 3.2 miles

April 24

breakfast: oatmeal
lunch: southwestern tortilla soup
dinner: whole wheat tortilla with cheese, turkey, chili-dijon spread
snack: baked chips and sals
water: 51 oz
walked: 3.2 miles

total calories: 840
total fat: 28 grams

extra fat came from soup, but it was good so I don't care!! I think I'll need something different for dinner tonight, getting tired of my sandwich.

April 25

breakfast: cream of wheat with brown sugar
lunch: yogurt, carrots w/dip (lite-ranch dressing)

will come back with dinner totals later, but so far:

total calories 433 and total fat 11.5
water 51 oz (not done) will have walked 3.2 miles by the time I go home.

I think for dinner I'll have tuna with light mayo on my tortilla, shouldn't be too many calories. I'll be skipping my snack tonight because I'll probably be having a couple of martini's(more fun than a snack anyday!;) )

this is fun! be back with totals from dinner and martini's in the morning!!

(apr 26 continued)

okay

dinner: whole wheat tortilla with tuna mixed with light mayo.

I had to leave the kitchen because my boyfriend is eating chicken kiev, and having pringles and it looks sooooooooo good!!!

I'm going to have some hummus as a snack and by portion size with my baked toritlla chips my totals for the day will be....

calories 808
fat grams 23.5

Not bad, but it's not counting my martini's later.........whatever, I had a long day and I deserve them.;) (only 2, I swear!!)

Tomorrow is my treat meal for the week (meaning bad:p )
When I watch what I eat all week, I get one really bad, really greasy, really delicious dinner!! I'll eat my cream of wheat for b-fast, and my yogurt for lunch, and then dinner....WATCH OUT!!!

But back to normal on Sunday.

***if you were reading, you may have noticed my totals changed from earlier because I found out that the brown sugar did not have nearly as many calories as I thought!

great, huh?:p

I'll check in tomorrow and let you know what my big, fat, fun dinner was!!:p

I guess I have to add this disclaimer.

I normally eat between 1300 - 1600 calories a day, so I cut out 500 each day, either by diet or sometimes exercising it off. It happens this week was more diet, so I am eating between 800 to 900 calories a day.

I see some of you think it's unhealthy, but it's healthy for me. I am a small person, and only need to lose 10-15 pounds, and it will make a big difference. Maybe too big, I'll be monitoring how I look while this is going on, and stop and maintain if I think I have lost enough.

Anyway, I talked with my doc at work and he says what I'm doing is fine, and I'm actually eating healthier than I was before.

Obviously this isn't for everyone, but it's the way I'm doing it. I'm full everyday, I don't go hungry, and I feel great. To some of you it may seem unhealthy, but to me, I could never eat as much as you guys eat on Atkins!! (don't get me wrong, I'd love to try:p )

okay, bye.

It looks like you are making healthy food choices, Andrea, and you are under a doctor's care who thinks you are doing fine.

I would be very worried if you weren't under a doctor's care, though. I'm surprised at how much fat you eat at least a third isn't it? I would expect you to aim for lower fat but I suppose that is what keeps you from feeling hungry.

And you are not <b>required</b> to eat large amounts of food on Atkins. You are only supposed to eat until you feel comfortably full and no more. You might want to try it sometime it might work faster than less than 1,000 calories a day.

Something to think about, huh? Good luck with this and keep making healthy choices :)

Katholyn

I'm sure my calories will go up and down from day to day, so don't worry!! I will go under like I have the past couple of days, and go over a day or two. It all evens out in the end.

I have had more fat than usual these past couple days. I'm working on it.

Andrea

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter