Angel Tree - How many outfits?

Aurora79

Mouseketeer
I picked a couple lists off an angel tree today for little girls (baby and toddler), and they just ask for outfits in their specified sizes. How many outfits would you get for each? I will also get socks and underwear (for the toddler) too. I just wanna to make sure I get enough.

I picked a couple lists off an angel tree today for little girls (baby and toddler), and they just ask for outfits in their specified sizes. How many outfits would you get for each? I will also get socks and underwear (for the toddler) too. I just wanna to make sure I get enough.
I'd go with two outfits each plus pajamas. If you're doing socks and underwear for the toddler, a box of diapers for the baby wouldn't go amiss, I'm sure. Thank you for your generosity. :love2:

We usually do two outfits each, but try to choose things that are flexible, i.e. not fussy, super matching outfits. Two tops that can go with two bottoms = 4 outfits total. Agree about adding underwear, socks, jammies, sometimes thermals, etc., depending on the age of the angel.

Cat and Jack is a line of kids clothing in Target that is really well made and they have a huge assortment. Their prices are great and if you catch a sale, you will do even better.
My 3 grandkids ages 11, 9 & 1 have so much from this line.
I was at Target Friday and they had t-shirts and shorts from $4 each. You can't beat that and the quality of the clothes is great.

Two would be great, three if you can easily swing it would be even better.

For OP and anyone reading this: I know people often see these wish list items and are so saddened to see that "the only thing they asked for is clothes". I work for a non-profit and have helped families fill out Angel Tree applications for many years, so please know that if you're looking at one wish from one child there are most likely 3 other wishes on other trees, some of which are almost definitely toys. It is very unlikely that the parents only asked for clothes for the child. The Angel Tree programs around the country are pretty sensitive to that so even if a parent requested only clothes they're going to throw some toys in with it!

How hadn’t I thought to throw in diapers? Thank you! Any ideas what size for a girl in 3-6 month clothes? My boy was a chunk, so I think my memory of his diaper sizes would be off.

I’ll have to make a Target run today. 🙂

How hadn’t I thought to throw in diapers? Thank you! Any ideas what size for a girl in 3-6 month clothes? My boy was a chunk, so I think my memory of his diaper sizes would be off.

It's been an awfully long time since I bought diapers - DS is 23! :laughing: He was a very small kid though and was still in newborns at 3 months. This advice is probably worthless since things change so much over time but back then, Huggies brand were a little slimmer fitting than others so that's what I bought. I'd say if the sizes go newborn/1/2/3/4, get size 2. They won't be too small and if they're a little too big now they soon will be just right. :goodvibes

We do Angel Tree at our church too. For us we do clothing but also add a toy for the child. I love shopping for the little ones. My grand children have all grown up. My idea of clothes for them and their idea are worlds apart so I just give them gift cards so they can shop where they want.

2-3 outfits is ideal. And the idea to do ones that mix and match is a good one. And I think that diapers say on the box what size clothes correspond to their numbering system. And if in doubt, go up a size. They will fit eventually.

I'd go with 2s. It's always better to go a bit bigger because it's easier to snug up a too big diaper than it is to stretch a too small diaper.

Finally got to pick up our angel tree today, managed to get a 2 year old so I can't wait to go out shopping for cute clothes. For toys she asked for a 12inch bike, which seems a hair old for a 2 year old and play kitchen food. My daughter really wants to buy her an entire play kitchen and is cranky with me for saying no to that lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts