Angelrose's Journey

I love your positive attitude. Thinking of you. Wow - you have a trip right around the corner!!! A Disney trip is a great booster too - will definitely keep you smiling.

And now for the annoying news. After my surgery, the surgeon told us she would see me in two weeks. It had to be the surgeon. Well, they made an appointment with the nurse practitioner and when Karen questioned it they said it was fine. It wasn't fine. And I couldn't see the surgeon because she was away. GRRRRRRR So now I won't be able to see her for two more weeks. That means no more driving for another two weeks. Then there was the merry whirlwind of trying to get an appointment with the radiologist for Friday. That was supposed to be on Friday afternoon because I was supposed to have an appointment with the surgeon at 1:30. I hope you are all following this. I'm not sure I am! After calling Karen many times and getting everything so confused, Karen told her to get her s#@% together and listen to what Karen was saying. I did finally get an appointment with the radiologist on Friday morning. Poor Karen was in a training session at work and was getting called out so many times, the instructor was getting annoyed and I don't blame him. She explained everything to him after the class.

Dear doctor and appointment schedulers a word of advice. Don't mess with my Karen. She will be writing a letter explaining this mess to Cooper hospital. There is no excuse for this especially with a cancer patient.

Chuck is going to pick me up on Thursday to get my blood work done so that will be one thing done on time. He is also going to come over either this Saturday or next Saturday to help me get my tree down. When I say help, I mean do it. I'm not allowed to get down on the floor and get back up. Goodness knows I don't need to tear anything that is just starting to heal.

Karen did tell me that I will be feeling tired and not be able to do much for this whole year that I am getting immunotherapy. I didn't know that. But I will do what I can and not worry about it. I just keep thinking about my trips to Disney. That keeps me going.

Thank you minniecarousel and AnnS. I have always looked on the bright side my whole life and I don't plan to change that now. Just a bump in the road! Nothing more.

That is so frustrating! They don’t realize the impact their incorrect information and lack of organization causes to of all people, the patient already under duress and those supporting them during such times. I’m sorry they messed up ..it’s not ok but onwards we go! More time, more healing and taking it easy. And of course (!) more Disney planning and dreaming ! We all know how fast time goes by..keep hanging in there, but that I know you will! :daisy:

I'm so glad Karen takes care of everything. I'm afraid I wouldn't have been so nice. Even though she was mad and told them off, I would have just liked to SCREAM in their ear. LOL Which is why my Ron would never let me talk to people who messed up on anything. "I will take care of it dear". LOL One time a car dealership messed up and when we came back to find they had never even worked on our car the whole day, he saw DEATH in my eyes and turned me around and took care of it himself so calmly. I'm afraid he had to do that a lot. I wish I could say I've gotten mellower in my old age, but nahhhhhhhhh.

Sorry Grumpy's Gal, Karen has enough to deal with, with me right now. When she has a spare moment I'll let you know. LOL

minnie56, I am so blessed to have Karen and Chuck. I don't know what I would do without either of them.

If I have not mentioned it before, you have an awesome son and daughter-in-law. You are all blessed to have each other.

Sorry to hear the schedulers couldn't do their job and schedule you with the surgeon in the first place!! How frustrating! :sad2:

Glad you have Karen and Chuck to help out so much and go to Disney with of course!! :grouphug:

Hang in there!! I know you will!! :flower1:

Thank you kimmar067. I appreciate that.

Today my cousin took me to IHOP and shopping at Walmart and Acme. She dropped me off at the door and I got a scooter both places. Then she helped me get the groceries on the counter and then took the bags to her car and then picked me up. Then she drove me home, brought my groceries inside and helped me put them away. Best of all she gave me a small bottle of water from Lourdes! I going to drink some of it and hope for a miracle. My cousin Joan is 10 years younger than me and we grew up next door to each other. So I always considered her my little sister. I call her my sister from my mother's sister. LOL We are very much alike and have the same weird sense on humor. We have always been there for each other and it's so nice to be able to count on each other in times of need.

I recall you mentioning your cousin Joan before (in fact, your cousins dinners sound awesome!). I’m glad that Joan helped you out like that. I know if the tables were turned, you’d do the same for her. Sisters, in so many ways!

Yes I would minniecarousel. There were times when Joan was having problems and I was there for her way back when.

We haven't had any more cousins dinners though. My cousin Butch who organized it moved to Florida full time, plus that a few of my cousins are no longer able to go out. One cousin has Alzheimers and another has arthritis so bad that she can hardly move. It's hard when the family gets older. But Butch and I keep in touch through the year. We grew up together and are still "partners in crime". We have so many fun memories that we still talk about to this day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!