Angelrose's Journey

Mary, I just got an "event" notification near me on my phone. Not really near me but "they" do track every place we have been to. I see Smithville is having a Renaissance Faire weekend in April........Do you know if this is a first? Have you ever attended?

I have twice many years ago in PA. Even though I/we are not into all that (getting dressed, etc.), we had a great time! Might have consider it!!

Hi AnnaS. No this is an annual event. I went once when they first had it. It was a lot of fun. We just walked around and enjoyed everything. It is quite small compared to other faires but we enjoyed it.

The sooner you can get the port the better. Way easier on your veins. Don't know if it's still the same, but my mother had to have her some at the hospital, same day surgery. Didn't take very long, but they couldn't do it in the doctor's office.

You might want to check on renting a scooter for your Disney trip, too. Way cheaper to rent from a private company rather than at the parks, plus you would have it all the time rather than just in the actual parks.

Praying for you!

Thank you Straitlover. I am going to talk to the surgeon on Wednesday. I think that is the way to go with my small veins. I keep drinking a lot of water, but it's never enough.

Oh yes, I will be renting a scooter when we go to Disney. It is much cheaper with a private company and I always know I have a scooter anytime of day or night. It's very convenient for me, but extra work for Chuck who has to haul it in and out of the van and haul the batteries in at night to recharge. He says he doesn't mind at all, but I hate to make extra work for him. Lord knows, I've been putting them both to so much this last year. Don't tell them I said that! They will both holler at me and say it isn't a bother. LOL

Hi AnnaS. No this is an annual event. I went once when they first had it. It was a lot of fun. We just walked around and enjoyed everything. It is quite small compared to other faires but we enjoyed it.

Thank you. Yes, I read some reviews. Smaller scale compared to other fares. Sounds interesting. No overnight required like the other fare I went to. Will see what I am up to that day after work (go in early/leave by 9 am).

Thank you kimmar067. I appreciate that.

Today my cousin took me to IHOP and shopping at Walmart and Acme. She dropped me off at the door and I got a scooter both places. Then she helped me get the groceries on the counter and then took the bags to her car and then picked me up. Then she drove me home, brought my groceries inside and helped me put them away. Best of all she gave me a small bottle of water from Lourdes! I going to drink some of it and hope for a miracle. My cousin Joan is 10 years younger than me and we grew up next door to each other. So I always considered her my little sister. I call her my sister from my mother's sister. LOL We are very much alike and have the same weird sense on humor. We have always been there for each other and it's so nice to be able to count on each other in times of need.
...."weird sense of humor??? Now, THAT'S my kinda gal! ;)

Happy Valentine's Day Angel! Hope you are feeling well today! :flower3::butterfly:flower:

Thank you snappyd and AnnaS and the same to you. I am doing well. I still have a problem with my energy level and both thighs ache but that is from the hip surgery. I wonder if it could be from the crazy weather we are having? I am being very good and resting practically all day with a couple of short naps too.

I was going to babysit tonight so that Chuck and Karen could go out to dinner for Valentine's day but Jesse was sick to his stomach last night and had a slight fever today. Chuck was staying home with him and we are hoping to reschedule for Saturday.

Friday I go for my second IV. Tomorrow I go for a checkup with my regular doctor. I know he's going to want to make me get a blood test to see about my cholesterol and my blood sugar. Wonderful another blood test. But I need him to give me a referral to my dermatologist so I have to go. sighhhhhhhh All these doctor's visits. Very annoying!

I am going at the end of the month to check my cholesterol......it's on the high side. Doubt I brought it down on my own since my last visit.

Are you eating well? Maybe try Boost or Ensure?

I hope Jesse feels better and you get some energy back!!

Hi AnnaS. Yes I have been eating well. I do love my veggies. I always have my cauliflower mash and roasted broccoli or asparagus in the fridge. My cholesterol is fine right now. Just a tad over from the normal. My blood sugar is more on the high side of normal. I do love my carbs and sweets! Trying so hard to cut down.

Jesse is fine now, thanks. He bounces back fast. Just one day at home and he was fine.

I was out this morning having my pancakes at IHOP, then went to Walmart, Acme and finally Target. By the time I got home and put everything away I was tired but not exhausted. So I guess that's progress. I'm still not allowed to do much. If I do, I start to bleed again. Not much but a few drops is enough to tell me to go back to my recliner.

Hi Grumpy'sGal. I am having a week. LOL Next week I have an appointment with doctor's every day except Monday. Today Karen called me to say I have to get some special bloodwork done today so that we can schedule a day to get my port installed next week. Right now she is trying to email me the script to get the blood work done at 2. It didn't come through so she has to take a screen shot and then email me those pictures.

Goodness! I hate last minute things. Makes me crazier than I am. I'm sure it will all work out. Once I get the port in everything will be so much easier.

I have been watching the Olympics. Mostly just the skating but I did see Shawn White win his gold with that amazing trick. I loved the skating so far, but it's a shame the American girls didn't accomplish what they wanted in the short program. We'll have to see how they make it with the long program.

Thinking of you during your busy week. Hope all goes smoothly!! :hug::hug:

Thank you snappyd. It was a looooooong day. Karen picked me up at 8:30 in case we hit lots of traffic. As it happened we didn't so we got to the hospital an hour early. Then we had to wait longer because they were backed up (as usual). They finally took me close to noon. The radiology is down in the basement. "Where the morgue is?" Evidently no so there I was. They gave me something so I wouldn't get sick from the twilight sleep and it worked fine. The doctor explained each step as he did it. That was nice but I really didn't want to know. LOL They were very kind there and after a while I asked if they were close to being done and he said he had just finished the last suture.

I was rolled into recovery and soon Karen came up. They explained several things to me about the care of the wound. I have to wear a rubber bracelet everywhere I go to state that I have a surgical port, because it has metal. We were trying to hurry them up so we could make my appointment with the surgeon 45 minutes away. Finally Karen handed me my bra and she gave me something to sign and off she went. As I left they said when I go back to get the port removed, they will all give a big cheer. I thought that was cute.

Then off we went. We did make it a few minutes early and they took me in about 15 minutes. The surgeon examined me and said everything has healed up very nicely and she can't even see the other spot. I have to go back in 3 months.

I hadn't eaten anything since 10 pm the night before, so I was starving. Karen took me to Outback for the Blooming onion and our filet and baked potato. That was so good. But since I am pre diabetic and the fact that cancer LOVES sugar, I really have to go on a no carb diet. No more pancakes, no chocolate, no potatoes, no bread, no fruit. No anything that I love. But I have to do this for my health so I WILL do it. I am going to start on Sunday. Karen is coming over Friday after my cancer doctors visit and the chemo to help me throw out all my goodies. Saturday will be my last pancakes for a very long time.

My neck is achy so I am taking Tylenol. Friday I will let the doctor take off the bandage and then I can take a shower. The steri strips will fall off when they want in about 5 or 6 weeks. Other than the achy neck I feel fine but very tired. I think I will go to bed very early tonight.

Hang in there. I know that the constant exhaustion is hard to deal with. And no carbs! That is very difficult to say the least. My stomach loves carbs but my metabolism doesn't.

Thank you for the update, Angelrose. You seem to be doing great - get your rest and try not to overdo right now. Please keep us posted on how you do with no carbs. Sending lots of healing thoughts your way!

I was thinking of you and came over to check for any updates. Glad the port is over and done with. I hope it all works out with the no carb. I know how difficult this is. The first few days are the hardest. Stock up on everything "you can eat". Rest and thank you for checking in and updating.

Thank you all. Tomorrow I'm going to the cancer doctor and giving him the honor of taking of the bandages on my port because I'm too scared to do it myself. He will probably give me an update on how I'm doing. I hope it's at least half way good news. Then I get my chemo, then I can go home.

I know how hard giving up all those lovely carbs is going to be but it's something I have to do if I want to get healthy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!