Animal Kingdom EMH and staying off site?

smp317

Earning My Ears
Going to Disney World in 10 days (WOOHOO!!) We’re staying off-site and Animal Kingdom has EMMH every day, we were not able to get a FOP fastpass. My original plan was to rope drop it, but we can’t because of being off-site. So my question is, should I get there early and as soon as it hits regular park hours go over to FOP or will the lines be long by then?

In just 15 minutes after the park opened for reg. hours the other day the wait for FOP was 2 hrs and 30 minutes so good luck. You can download the My Disney Experience app and see what the current wait time is a day or two before you go and that will tell you just how bad the line will be. Not to mention a few days ago when the wait was over 2 hrs, school was not out yet. Now that school is out you can count on the lines being longer.

If you can't snag a day-of FP then try to ride FoP shortly before closing. Lines should be much shorter then than they would be at regular park opening. Even if the wait time is listed very high, in reality it will probably be less.

We just got back and stayed on site. We rope dropped to do Na'Vi river since we has FP for FOP latter in the day. At 8 am the wait was listed 60 minutes (they let us in calmly around 7:45) by 9 am it was 120-180 So arriving at 9 am my advise is to do the rest the of the park, like Everest, safaris or Dino land.

Na'vi river was down during EMH we waited until 8:15 but at that point we said forget it and did everything else with little to no wait. Better to get in 4 or 5 rides then just stand in line not knowing. My son was super disappointed so DH and him went back another night 1 or so hour before they closed (it was 2 hours when they left hotel but with Disney transport) they waited 30 minutes for Na'vi and 1 hour for flight of passage. Its worth the wait its really cool but better to do last thing then wait for 2 plus hours.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!