Animal Kingdom Jambo Beds?

jerseygal

DIS Veteran
Read something about Animal Kingdom Beds being VERY HARD??:worried::worried::surfweb:

Read a review, but it might have been a review of someone staying in a hotel room versus studio??

But, at the same time, perhaps all the mattresses at Animal Kingdom Resort, Jambo are the same type???

We had stayed at Kidani, 2 BR, and I don't remember an issue with hard mattesses....

Anyone have an issue with VERY HARD MATTRESSES in a Studio at Animal Kingdom Jambo???

THANKS IN ADVANCE!:)

We were just at Jambo house in December, in a studio. Our bed was wonderful, not hard at all. We slept great!! The put out sofa was comfy too according to the kiddos.

Thanks for your response about the mattresses in a studio at Jambo! :goodvibes:goodvibes
Planning on a standard studio, any suggestions?

Don't want to be "on top of elevator" because of noise, a light sleeper...
At the same time, don't want to be super far from elevator either for easy access...Heard this can be a problem with super long walks...

Any suggestions?
Thanks for your input!:)

We stayed in a Jambo value studio and found it to be quite comfy. We were in room 5112. We asked for a savanna view and near the elevator and got both, even though we were on value points. Score!

We stayed in a Jambo value studio and found it to be quite comfy. We were in room 5112. We asked for a savanna view and near the elevator and got both, even though we were on value points. Score!
Congrats on getting one of the savanna view Value rooms! I thought you could no longer make view requests when booking a Value room. How did you manage to get MS to note your request for a savanna view?

Congrats on getting one of the savanna view Value rooms! I thought you could no longer make view requests when booking a Value room. How did you manage to get MS to note your request for a savanna view?

I had heard the same thing! It was actually just luck- I didn't know to request with mouse services--- I just requested it when I did my online check in!

We were just at Jambo House in a standard studio a couple of weeks ago and HATED the bed. We prefer something softer. The sheets also wouldn't stay on (the bottom sheet didn't seem to even reach the bottom of the bed). Neither of us slept hardly at all (well, I finally took a sleeping pill on the 3rd night because I was tired of the tossing & turning). Then I had to take Aleve in the mornings because my back was killing me from the hard bed. Perhaps not all the mattresses are rock hard?:confused3 Maybe it is just some rooms? Ours was awful tho.

Even tho it was a std. studio we had a view of the "sunset savannah" which I think is the "worst" savannah. Not very many animals but we did see a handful if we went back to the room in the middle of the day. Nothing out there really early or really late tho. Since we only booked a std. view it was a nice bonus compared to the bus stop view we had when we booked a std. studio at Kidani. When I did the online check-in I checked both "near lobby" and "pool view" I think. :goodvibes

We just checked out of AKV studio on sunset savannah. Our bed was very comfortable. We slept great. We also had a lot of giraffe and zebra and a few ostrich as well as other animals. We would see them at different times of the day.

Hoping for a COMFORTABLE BED! :goodvibes

I am certain that AKV Jambo will be BEAUTIFUL during the month of December!!!!!

Hoping for a COMFORTABLE BED! :goodvibes

I am certain that AKV Jambo will be BEAUTIFUL during the month of December!!!!!

I think it will all depend on if you like rock hard firm or sorta soft-ish.:goodvibes

Are we back there again Annie?!?! Just kidding, I still couldn't believe that comment on your name! Outlandish!

We stayed in a Std view Studio in Jambo (overlooking the pool) in mid January and I thought the bed was fine. It wasn't the worst mattress ever, but it also wasn't the best. I can't remember our number, I think it was 5268? Our room was not too far from the 2nd bank of elevators, so I often went down to the first floor, walked past the pool to the entrance near Boma and went back up to the main level. I thought this felt faster than walking back to the main lobby. Overall, we really liked our room and would stay there again.

When I stayed at AKV Jambo I slept GREAT. The bed was super comfortable and I think the mattress was firm but certainly not hard. AWESOME. :thumbsup2

Sure the beds will be fine!

We will have a blast just seeing the Christmas Decorations and Holiday Decorations at WDW beginning of December! CANNOT WAIT!:thumbsup2

Doing the Candelight Processional Dinner Package!

Think the Chefs De France menu really appeals to us! Never been there.
Any opinions? Has anyone experienced the Candelight Processional Show?
Looks awesome and I love the priority seating!:banana:

Love the fact with the Candelight Processional Dinner Package that you also get PRIORITY VIEWING for Illuminations! WOW, WILL BE A PRE-CHRISTMAS
TREAT!!!!:santa::santa:

We just came back from a stay in a studio at AKV Jambo and the bed was not hard at all. It was just fine & I'm picky ;)

Joining in on the conversation. We're staying at AKV - Kidani. Are the beds the same? I have back issues and would love some feedback on what "gear" I'll need. lol

I was hoping for the Sunset Savanna view - is this not ideal??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter