Animal Kingdom Special Events: What would you choose?

I've only done Wild Africa Trek and it was awesome. I would definitely recommend! It's been a few years but I think the trek is about 3 hours. Definitely longer then Up close with Rhinos.

I will be doing Savor the Savanna this summer. Like the Wild Africa Trek, you get the small-group safari and a light meal at the boma overlooking the animals. You don’t do the part with the rope bridges over the hippos and crocs.

I did the up close with rhinos in April with my daughter and we thought it was great! We got to see 2 different rhinos just a couple feet from us, learned all about their care, the animals history etc, and everyone is allowed to approach the rhinos enclosure and pet them from the side. Would love to do the wild Africa trek! We also did the starlight safari which you might want to check out! It’s at animal kingdom lodge though not the park if that would be an issue.

I will be doing Savor the Savanna this summer. Like the Wild Africa Trek, you get the small-group safari and a light meal at the boma overlooking the animals. You don’t do the part with the rope bridges over the hippos and crocs.
The rope bridge over the hippos and crocs was my favorite part. Iam a little afraid of heights so I wasn't sure I wanted to do it, but it didn't bother me after all.

Quick question for anyone who has done the Wild Africa Trek; were they able to accommodate dietary restrictions? My husband and I want to do this for my birthday but we are both vegans...

Wild Africa Trek for sure. My wife and I went once then went back and took my daughter, mother and friend. Everyone enjoyed it.

Quick question for anyone who has done the Wild Africa Trek; were they able to accommodate dietary restrictions? My husband and I want to do this for my birthday but we are both vegans...

I would assume so as they do this at every other place where food is served. There were no meat related products served and most were already plant based.

Another vote for Wild Africa Trek. See my picture for the walk over the crocs! This is definitely one of the best tours and I would definitely do it again. Haven't done Up Close with Rhinos yet. I tried to book day of last week, but they only have one tour a day so they're booked about a month in advance. I've done the Caring for Giants tour twice now and enjoy that one, but doesn't come close to the Trek. It's an hour long and $30 (I think) before discounts.

I've done both and loved them both, but I would choose Up Close with Rhinos. I just did this last week and it was amazing. It's only hour long, but you get some much information about Rhinos, plus you get to touch one if they're in the mood to be touched. They also told us that all of the tour proceeds go to various Rhino conservation efforts. Disney doesn't get any of the tour money.

I was eating gluten free when I did the tour and they were able to accommodate.

Big love here for the Trek and will do it again at some point. While we were eating lunch at the boma we had a giraffe right there eating lunch with us, it was amazing. I also loved the rope bridge, it looks like its going to be a challenge but the gaps and "broken" pieces are placed perfectly for the average stride.

When we went, I specified pescatarian for mine, so they kept the smoked salmon and replaced the beef/prosciutto with a delightful bean salad, almost like a fresh salsa. They even had it labeled as pescatarian (as opposed to just saying to replace the meat).

Just let them know when you book it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter