Animal Kingdom Villas - Jambo House Closed for Initial Walt Disney World Resort Reopening

Could be that DVC only has rooms on 5 and 6 and it’s not worth opening the whole hotel or it could be others are using it. The fact that Mara was on the list of recalled cm locations, sounds like someone else is using it. MLS?

Could be that DVC only has rooms on 5 and 6 and it’s not worth opening the whole hotel or it could be others are using it. The fact that Mara was on the list of recalled cm locations, sounds like someone else is using it. MLS?

At this point without confirmation about MLS or NBA my thought is they just want to keep Jambo closed for now. I also heard of someone who called to change a late-July reservation who was told to wait for now to see if it would be open by then.

Dang. Why haven’t they cancelled reservations? This is bonkers.

We have reservation for a value Studio at Jumbo House for end of July. What will happen to my reservation??

Is DVC going to 'actually confirm' that Jambo is remaining closed? I would just like to know so I can switch resorts if need be...between Stormalong Bay being closed and Jambo not being open our week long split stay to get these 2018 points used is becoming such a headache. Our reservation on the dashboard still says Jambo, so we haven't been moved yet.

Is DVC going to 'actually confirm' that Jambo is remaining closed? I would just like to know so I can switch resorts if need be...between Stormalong Bay being closed and Jambo not being open our week long split stay to get these 2018 points used is becoming such a headache. Our reservation on the dashboard still says Jambo, so we haven't been moved yet.

I don't see how they can move all of our reservations to Kidani. Unless there have been a lot of cancellation since they stopped taking new reservation. There won't be enough available rooms!

Update for Jambo reservation folks. When I called this morning about my July 2 reservation (2 value studios), I was transferred to a helpful manager who said I was "on the list" for them to call today or tomorrow. Jambo will not be open for my reservation through July 7 so they moved both of our reservations to standard view studios at Kidani and they "gifted" the point difference since there was not a value option at Kidani. Savanna view upgrade was not an option unless I wanted to pay the point difference from a value (yikes!). I asked about access to Jambo for any dining, pools, etc and there was nothing available. Maji pool bar will be an expanded quick service option and Sanaa Lounge will offer quick service options. Sanaa will be offering the quick service breakfast as well. We will be able to make reservations for Sanaa, but not yet.

I just got off the phone with DVC about my club level reservation at the end of August. He basically told me to sit tight and reiterated a million times (In the nicest way possible) that they have no more information than what is on the website. He said if Jambo was still closed I would be moved to Kidani and if Jambo was open but no club level, I would be refunded the point difference (none of that was a surprise, I figured that would be the case).

We have rented points through a rental company at Jambo in Deluxe Studio July 4-11. Will we get automatically moved or do I need to contact Disney, the rental company? MDE still showing Jambo.

We have rented points through a rental company at Jambo in Deluxe Studio July 4-11. Will we get automatically moved or do I need to contact Disney, the rental company? MDE still showing Jambo.
If you are not the owner, you would contact the rental agency, not Disney or Member Services.

At this point, my advice is to do nothing. While it's likely that your reservation will be moved from the Jambo building to the Kidani building, DVC will contact the owner, who should then contact the rental agency who will let you know. Member Services (the group that handles points reservations) will not talk to anyone but the owner.

Keep an eye on your MDE account. Once your reservation disappears or gets changed, you'll notice it there. That's when you should contact the rental agent to see what's what and if you have any options other than a studio in the Kidani building.

Sorry. Not knowing is hard. But I don't think you will be able to get more information about your specific case until DVC cancels or changes your reservation. If past patterns hold, they have only been cancelling/changing things about 1 week in advance and only during business hours, M-F. Hope you know soon.

If you are not the owner, you would contact the rental agency, not Disney or Member Services.

At this point, my advice is to do nothing. While it's likely that your reservation will be moved from the Jambo building to the Kidani building, DVC will contact the owner, who should then contact the rental agency who will let you know. Member Services (the group that handles points reservations) will not talk to anyone but the owner.

Keep an eye on your MDE account. Once your reservation disappears or gets changed, you'll notice it there. That's when you should contact the rental agent to see what's what and if you have any options other than a studio in the Kidani building.

Sorry. Not knowing is hard. But I don't think you will be able to get more information about your specific case until DVC cancels or changes your reservation. If past patterns hold, they have only been cancelling/changing things about 1 week in advance and only during business hours, M-F. Hope you know soon.

Thanks for the reply. Now I wait.... why is that so hard!

Sadly, canceled my CL studio. But I am excited about staying at Copper Creek. We were supposed to stay at CCV in May but well you know... CV-19

So it seems that AKV owners are crossing their fingers hoping the Jambo opens - or, changing their reservation from Jambo. DVC appears to be saying that when demand dictates, they will open Jambo (per reported emails and conversations with DVC.)

The issue isn't that Jambo will not open when WDW opens - the issue is that DVC has blocked all Jambo reservations thru the end of the year - and every time someone cancels a room - it still remains unavailable.

So answer me this riddle- how is demand supposed to increase for Jambo house? Or is that their plan? To block rooms- thereby not allowing an increase in reservations and hopefully causing enough people to change their current reservations that it justifys keeping Jambo closed?

How is it even legal to block more than half of a years room reservations?

So it seems that AKV owners are crossing their fingers hoping the Jambo opens - or, changing their reservation from Jambo. DVC appears to be saying that when demand dictates, they will open Jambo (per reported emails and conversations with DVC.)

The issue isn't that Jambo will not open when WDW opens - the issue is that DVC has blocked all Jambo reservations thru the end of the year - and every time someone cancels a room - it still remains unavailable.

So answer me this riddle- how is demand supposed to increase for Jambo house? Or is that their plan? To block rooms- thereby not allowing an increase in reservations and hopefully causing enough people to change their current reservations that it justifys keeping Jambo closed?

When Kidani fills up, they would have to open Jambo.

I took it that the notion that Jambo would be opened with availability, as the hotel opening up its doors,

Once that happens, it really is impossible for DVC to keep it closed,
However, it appears when Kidani was built it became part of the larger AKV resort,

Since Disney can anticipate breakage ahead of time, keep X amount of rooms for emergencies, it’s possible they are taking Jambo vs, Kidani...but speculation on my part.

Right now, with hotel closed...and those rooms inside....I don’t think they wanted to have to pay for the e cost of the hotel when the other building was not full,

But, I do think people should pay attention to when they announce AKL opening...

I also think any owner who wants to know why the availability disappeared, should be emailing the higher ups

I just checked availability for our July trip (we are staying at BC, but thinking of switching), and Jambo is coming up as bookable, and there is a ton of availability. When I booked our trip last week, Jambo was blocked.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts