Animal Kingdom Villas - Jambo House Closed for Initial Walt Disney World Resort Reopening

Just checked into DVC Jambi House. ECV and Garden Grocer’s deliveries were already at Jambo Bell Services when we arrived. Magic Bands were at Kidani but we didn’t need them. FYI

Also, there is absolutely food available except sit-down dining at Sana’a after the Kidani store closes. We were told that was 8pm but it may be 9pm. Either way, don’t come back from the parks and expect to get food anywhere at Kidani or Jambo House.

Last edited:
Friend had one night using DVC points at Jambo and a 3 night cash reservation for mid August. They just switched her cash portion to Contemporary theme park view...not exactly what she was hoping

Just checked into DVC Jambi House. ECV and Garden Grocer’s deliveries were already at Jambo Bell Services when we arrived. Magic Bands were at Kidani but we didn’t need them. FYI

Also, there is absolutely food available except sit-down dining at Sana’a after the Kidani store closes. We were told that was 8pm but it may be 9pm. Either way, don’t come back from the parks and expect to get food anywhere at Kidani or Jambo House.

Did you mean absolutely no food available except sit down dining?

The Kidani store sells some food.

The Maji Pool bar is open with a very limited menu and limited hours (11-3 and 3-7). Also, it closes in inclement weather. https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en_CA/dining/animal-kingdom-villas-kidani/maji-pool-bar/menus/

I believe the posters point was that everything closes early, so you need to plan for food when you get back from the parks (ie. stop on the way back or have food in the villa).

After the store closes, yes. I called the front desk and spoke with a very nice CM (I have no idea where he actually was!) around 8:50pm and asked what fast food or pick up items were available. He looked it all up and told me that. I didn’t bother to make the trek to Kidani to confirm, tho. He said the only food option at Kidani or Jambo House is Sanaa after 9pm and he suggested I call an outside restaurant to have food delivered.

Can anyone at Kidani confirm the store and fast food/pick-up options?

I’m not sharing this to complain or be a jerk! I understand that this is an unprecedented time but I did politely suggest that guests should be informed of this. We are all used to having the resort shop open until 11pm. Please.... just give me the information so I can make an informed decision and/or get snacks before I leave the park. (We were at Epcot, so we were later getting back to our room and this was our first night.)

After the store closes, yes. I called the front desk and spoke with a very nice CM (I have no idea where he actually was!) around 8:50pm and asked what fast food or pick up items were available. He looked it all up and told me that. I didn’t bother to make the trek to Kidani to confirm, tho. He said the only food option at Kidani or Jambo House is Sanaa after 9pm and he suggested I call an outside restaurant to have food delivered.

Can anyone at Kidani confirm the store and fast food/pick-up options?

I’m not sharing this to complain or be a jerk! I understand that this is an unprecedented time but I did politely suggest that guests should be informed of this. We are all used to having the resort shop open until 11pm. Please.... just give me the information so I can make an informed decision and/or get snacks before I leave the park. (We were at Epcot, so we were later getting back to our room and this was our first night.)

Wait, are you saying the Kidani gift shop closes early now? What time does it close?

Wait, are you saying the Kidani gift shop closes early now? What time does it close?
That’s what I was told by an AKL CM but I can’t personally confirm it. Can anybody at Kidani speak to this?

edited to add: I asked the Kidani shop when they close and they said 9pm

Last edited:
We were at Kidani 6/28-7/2. The gift shop with limited ready to go items closed at 9:00 pm. The lounge at Sanaa was open until 11:00 with take out available.

We were at Kidani 6/28-7/2. The gift shop with limited ready to go items closed at 9:00 pm. The lounge at Sanaa was open until 11:00 with take out available.
The thing everyone needs to realize with take out being available at Sanaa is that it's not traditional take out. You have to wait for a table to be available and then order once you're back there. When the pool shut down everyone went over there to eat and they just write names down and get your cell phone number. We were quoted as it being an hour wait...We got the text 2.5 hours later at 10:30. We had already given up. It would be great if they could just take your order at the check in desk. You also can't just walk up to get a drink. It would be the same process. Some people grab take out and some sit for a full meal and drinks. You're wait is based on what the people in front of you do. Maybe they've fine tuned it in the last week, but it was rough when we attempted to get take out.

The thing everyone needs to realize with take out being available at Sanaa is that it's not traditional take out. You have to wait for a table to be available and then order once you're back there. When the pool shut down everyone went over there to eat and they just write names down and get your cell phone number. We were quoted as it being an hour wait...We got the text 2.5 hours later at 10:30. We had already given up. It would be great if they could just take your order at the check in desk. You also can't just walk up to get a drink. It would be the same process. Some people grab take out and some sit for a full meal and drinks. You're wait is based on what the people in front of you do. Maybe they've fine tuned it in the last week, but it was rough when we attempted to get take out.
This is so helpful, thank you for the information! Just added on to our grocery order...

Does anyone have experience with the internal shuttle between Kidani and Jambo? How are they handling sanitizing and social distancing?

Anyone know what kind of food to go that the gift shop or Sanaa have? Do they have burgers/salads/sandwiches or is it Sanaa food? And any pics of the store there? Do they have food like the one at Jambo?

Any rumors if/when any of the other amenities at Jambo house might be opening or is it all up in the air still?

Any rumors if/when any of the other amenities at Jambo house might be opening or is it all up in the air still?

I don’t think anyone knows for sure, but I can’t imagine them opening up much more until the rest of the resort opens. There are just too few people there in the DVC accommodations to necessitate opening more.

Anyone know what kind of food to go that the gift shop or Sanaa have? Do they have burgers/salads/sandwiches or is it Sanaa food? And any pics of the store there? Do they have food like the one at Jambo?

The offerings are pretty limited. You can see the menus at Sanaa and Maji on Disney's menu page.

That was not our experience at all. There was a limited menu (and they would let you order most Sanaa items) from the lounge inside Sanaa. I walked up to the bar and ordered a drink and a couple of appetizers to go. I had my drink while I waited, then took the apps back to the room. I'm sure they are constantly tweaking things to try to make the best of it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!