Animal sightings at The Fort....

We had turkeys right behind our camper. We also saw a black snake beside the path going to the comfort station.

We also saw Chip and Dale at the campfire...so I guess you could say we saw some chipmunks too! ;)

[GALLERY=]image.jpeg [GALLERY=][GALLERY=]image.jpeg [/GALLERY][/GALLERY][/GALLERY]

Ended up with around 15 turkeys in the site next door in December.

A hawk flew down and grabbed a hamburger from our picnic table on the deck of a cabin this week! We could feel his wings touch our hair! He landed in a tree right next to the deck and was looking down at us, but when he started to swoop down on my husband who was finishing up some more burgers on the grill, we gathered up the food and moved the party inside. Then he landed on the railing of the deck, so we got some great pictures of him - wish I could post them here. He looked a lot like the pictures of the hawk that others have posted on this thread. The cast member who came to clean the grill the next day said they see hawks a lot at the fort, and campers with cats or little dogs should watch out. It was pretty exciting!

A hawk flew down and grabbed a hamburger from our picnic table on the deck of a cabin this week! We could feel his wings touch our hair! He landed in a tree right next to the deck and was looking down at us, but when he started to swoop down on my husband who was finishing up some more burgers on the grill, we gathered up the food and moved the party inside. Then he landed on the railing of the deck, so we got some great pictures of him - wish I could post them here. He looked a lot like the pictures of the hawk that others have posted on this thread. The cast member who came to clean the grill the next day said they see hawks a lot at the fort, and campers with cats or little dogs should watch out. It was pretty exciting!
I think if you get 4 more posts, you can then post pictures. I'd love to see them.

So walking around yesterday, we spotted some wild life. Certainly the salamanders were out in force. tiggerdad's NSS has made a respectable showing. And then there were these 2 we came across by the Comfort station for the 1400 loop (Over by the outdoor theater)

DSCN3996.JPG

Sadly, we also encountered these making a meal as well.

20160814_124312_resized.jpg

Respect wildlife, but I am not one to stray off the paths at FW, especially along the canals! Good pics you caught there Nornster!!

Remember growing up in the country, we had many hawks and owls 'prowling' for our chickens during the day - we would clap our hands to scare them away - never had one get a chicken (or chickie) that I know of. We kept them plenty scared.

Actually, will not camp near a canal, happened once (accidentally).
Would be happy to 'never' see another alligator - grew up respecting, hating, fearing, those critters - as well as moccasins!! (S. LA)

Respect wildlife, but I am not one to stray off the paths at FW, especially along the canals! Good pics you caught there Nornster!!

Remember growing up in the country, we had many hawks and owls 'prowling' for our chickens during the day - we would clap our hands to scare them away - never had one get a chicken (or chickie) that I know of. We kept them plenty scared.

Actually, will not camp near a canal, happened once (accidentally).
Would be happy to 'never' see another alligator - grew up respecting, hating, fearing, those critters - as well as moccasins!! (S. LA)

We don't bring any pets with us when we camp but I still don't want to be by the canals. Luckily it's never happened. And hopefully it never will. If they put me in a water site I'll beg and plead to have them move me. I'm a worst case scenario gal and I know I wouldn't be able to relax near the water.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts