Animation Dept to Sink or Swim w/Atlantis?

Sarangel

<font color=red><font color=navy>Rumor has it ...<
OK, I'm the first to admit that Jim Hill is not the most optomistic person regarding Disney's current policies & trends, but he has an Article in the Orlando Weekly that supposes that the scope of the cuts in the animation department will depend on how Atlantis does in the theaters (he points out that the first round isn't scheduled until the week after Atlantis opens).

He also makes a point of saying that Feature Animation's biggest competitor is the DTV Animation group. I find this very disturbing, since it means that the general public is just as willing to plunk down their $8.50 for something like The Tigger Movie (produced by DTV Group for something like $6.5 million) as they are to see Atlantis or Treasure Planet... AND this philosophy is in direct contradiction to what Walt Disney chose to do with his films - make the best possible film, with the best possible story and the public will come (one way or another). I dunno, I hope they see reason, but I somehow think they're going to continue on this path of 'less is more' until something drastic happens.

Sarangel

Certainly the DTV features are cheaper to make and thus reach profibility easier.

Goodness, I hope they don't do away with the Feature Animation Group. I can tell you that features like Tarzan and Mulan will be remembered much more than The Tigger Movie.

To prove my point, just ask anyone what were the latest widely released animated movies and I think most would not mention The Tigger Movie.

I still believe these things go through cycles. Animators pay will be decreasing and make the cost to produce the feature animation movies smaller. I would not be surprised if they announced closing of the studio in France and keep Orlando and Burbank going.

I hope its wonderful!! Wasn't going to reply to this one but I LOVE YOUR CLIPART LIONKING!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter