Animation Experience at AK

ilanakan

DIS Veteran
Do we need to use our FP for the Animation Experience in AK? Just how busy does it get?

When we were there in September they were not necessary. I'd say the seats were less than half full for the 4 we did.

Reactions: CJN
When we were there in September they were not necessary. I'd say the seats were less than half full for the 4 we did.

Another animation experience question:

On the FP “Know Before You Go” info, it says to board the wildlife express train at least 40 minutes prior to the experience time. Then the animation experience itself is 25 minutes. Will it also take me 40 minutes to get back to, say, Safari as my next FP? I’m trying to figure out how much time to block out for this.

Another animation experience question:

On the FP “Know Before You Go” info, it says to board the wildlife express train at least 40 minutes prior to the experience time. Then the animation experience itself is 25 minutes. Will it also take me 40 minutes to get back to, say, Safari as my next FP? I’m trying to figure out how much time to block out for this.
40 minutes should be on the safe side. You don't usually have to wait too long for a train but if you just miss one you might have to wait 5-10 minutes for the next, plus loading time....then it's about 5-10 minutes of actual ride. For your next FP I'd probably just plan to have the Safari FP start about half an hour after the start of the animation class (unless you're wanting to do more stuff out there after the class). That way it will be good to use if you happen to get back quickly but still covers the time if you take a bit longer.

We did an early Animation, and it was barely half full. Went back and did the last one of the day - had to wait for two trains because it was so crowded, and the experience was full (we did manage to get in, but it filled up right after we got in). This was in August on a day when they park wasn’t too crowded. Not sure if the last one is always so packed, but just wanted to let you know our experience.

Just got back about a week ago.
I went to 3 classes.
Most of the seats were filled by people in the SB line, and all of the classes were full.
It was such a fun experience!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter