Anniversary Dinner Ideas???

iluvwdw_2002

Smile and ALWAYS have fun!!!
Hey, all you Disney experts!!! My DH and I will be celebrating our 2nd Anniversary in the World in May 2004. :lovestruc
Any ideas on where we can go for our Anniversary dinner. DH loves steak, and I am a big seafood eater. We are looking for something different and special, but preferrably not too noisy. Either the parks or resorts would be great, not particular about that.

I appreciate all your recommendations/suggestions.

Thanks!!

::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo

well, the ultimate would be victoria and albert's at the grand floridian! however, if that is too fancy or pricey, how about Artist Point at wilderness lodge or jiko's at animal kingdom lodge. cindy's in the MK for dinner would be nice. hollywood brown derby is nice, but might not be romantic enough. for different and special i would select either artist point or jiko. happy anniversary:wave:

Originally posted by iluvwdw_2002
Any ideas on where we can go for our Anniversary dinner. DH loves steak, and I am a big seafood eater.

DH and I had a "special" child-free dinner at Citricos at GF. The atmosphere, service, and food were all wonderful! There menu is not your stadard fare, so if you are looking for something with a different edge, Citricos is it!

We also had a wonderful Italian meal at Palio in the Swan Hotel. We lived in Italy for three years and don't care for much for the American version of Italian food we have had in restaurants since our return. However, Palio was the closest to a meal we would have had in Italy. We really enjoyed the food there and the service was great.

You can see some of the menus at www.wdwig.com/menu/menus.htm

Congrats on your upcoming 2nd anniversary! From what I've read/experienced, I suggest a pretty late seating (to minimize the likelihood of encountering unhappy toddlers who would rather be sleeping) and a carpeted restaurant (just to cut down on noise). Dh and I had an excellent meal at California Grille at the CR some years ago - lovely view of the MK, terrific food, very nice setting. This year we plan to celebrate our 25th at Citrico's, so glad to hear TDERadulski enjoyed it!

fraz

We will be at WDW for our 12th anniversary in January. We are having dinner at Boma, with kids in tow - so a little different from you folks!

But I think you should look into the Yachtsmans Steakhouse in the Yacht Club resort. It is pricey, but awesome steaks and some seafood. You pick your steak to be cooked! Adult oriented, as well. Then stroll over to Epcot and get a glass of wine in France!

Enjoy!

We did our 10th anniversary in May of 2002. Our favorite meals were California Grill and Bistro de Paris. We also ate at Citricos and Le Cellier, which were both great as well. But CG and BdP were the romantic highlights.

We will be celebrating our 9th anniversary in WDW next year and luckily will have my mother along to watch our kids for us that night. I have it narrowed down to either Palios or Yachtmans Steakhouse. Both look a little nicer than we usually do with the kids, and have menus that appeal to both of us (we dont like fancy food). We will follow that with a trip to Jellyrolls. :D

Cal Grill- great view & food, not quiet though

Yacht St- wonderful selection of beef and a good choice of seafood, impeccable service.

Flying fish-wonderful seafood, great steak

Narcoosees-wonderful view, can get noisy, very good food.

Menus:
www.wdwig.com/menu/menus.htm

I am taking my parents to Victoria & Alberts for their 50th Anniv. If you can afford it I would go for it. I also have had great meals at the California Grill. The food & view were outstanding and if there is fireworks at MK that night then it is an added bonus. Have had a nice romatic meal at San Angel Inn, the Mexcian sit down restaurant in EPCOT, it was very quiet & peaceful.

Great tips, everyone!!! Now, I have the tough decision of narrowing it down to one. :scratchin

I love this web page, because I get some really great tips and ideas from everyone. I though I was the Disney expert, but I am learning that there is way more that I have been missing out on.
:laughing:

Thanks again!!! ::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo

I'd like to put a vote in for Hollywood Brown Derby at MGM. It's got a wonderful atmosphere and the food isn't bad either. :rolleyes: THE GRAPEFRUIT CAKE IS TO DIE FOR!!! :laughing: :goodvibes
San Angel Inn at the Mexican showcase in EPCOT has an outstanding atmosphere, which can be very romantic for anniversary celebrations. DH and I did it for our 10th anniversary back in May of 2001, but the food has a very different taste to it and I probably wouldn't do it again except for appetizers and desserts. :blush: Hey, maybe you could do that. Something about the entrees just "wasn't right". :scratchin
Anyway, San Angel and Hollywood Brown Derby are my suggestions.

HAVE FUN CHOOSING!!!! princess:

DENISE :wave2: :wave:

The Yachtsman has Fantastic food, but lacks romantic atmosphere.
Before you bring kids to WDW in a few years, go for broke at Victoria and Albert's. It is definately worth it.

This is what I had on our anniversary last year :
Course 1: Australian Kobe Beef Carpaccio with Fennel and Hearts of Palm
Course 2 : Seared Squab with Quince and Pear Compote, Lemon and Black Pepper Vinaigrette
Course 3 : Crayfish Bisque
Course 4 : Roasted Duck with Sweet Potato Puree and Pomeragranate Jus
Course 5 : Terrine of Sorbet with Seasonal Fruit
Course 6 : Hawaiina Kona Chocolate Souffle.
*You do get 3 of 4 choices for each course.

Also, go for the Wine Pairing, a different wine with EACH course, and one in between each course.l

Let them know it is your anniversary and your personalized menu will have your Anniversary Date on it.

DH and I had our anniversary dinner at the California Grille last year. When we told the waiter we were celebrating our anniversary, they made us a special dessert that said happy anniversary. It was a lovely meal and we were there during the fireworks which added to it.

How about trying California Grill ? I surprised my wife and took her here last month on her birthday and we both just loved it. The food & service are tops at WDW. We had the pork tenderloin and mushroom ravoili and both were excellent. If you make reservations about 8:00 you will be able to see the new fireworks show at MK if they are showing it on that night. The view and food are tops in our opinion.

Other people have already suggested Victorias and alberts and it is by far one of disneys best , i suggest trying to sit at the chefs table , a private dining room . you will tour the kitchen and the chef will specialy prepare your meal and you get a menu saying what was prepared course by course, you can also have a romantic dinner aboard the grand 1 , the gf's yacht .

Thanks everyone!! Yummy...I get hungry just reading all these posting!! I have heard good things about the California Grill, so that is definitely on my ballot.

Regarding the Victoria and Albert restaurant, in order to sit at the Chef's Table, which sound awsome, how much does that run? I am under the assumption that it is a set price regardless of what your order. Is that correct?

I am also comtemplating the Yachtmans Steakhouse and Narcoosees, becuase they looked sooo good on the menus that I looked at. :D of these two, which one do you think has the best steak?

Boy, I am not picky or anything!! :blush:

Thanks everyone!!! :wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter