Anniversary gift help (timing)

Limo, or Über Select, from work to hotel, hotel to dinner, dinner to hotel.
Massage in the morning.
Sounds like this is a few months away? Try to observe what meds she takes when,maybe check the dosage directions - then just bring two days' worth.

No. Only child and her parents have both passed away.

Friend you trust? Daughter?... Although I distinctly remember my dad doing this for my mom for probably their 15th (ish) anniversary. They actually went away for a week and he brought an entire suitcase of clothes he'd bought her just for the trip but we often shopped all together and my dad was famous for picking the items my mom always liked best so he was very familiar with her style and the clothes she'd want/need so if you are too I'd just do it yourself. My husband would be lost haha.

I have no suggestions, I just want to tell you how lovely this idea is. Congratulations on your anniversary!

If I pull this off the way I'd like, she'll think she's working the next day, but I'll reach out to her boss and get her the day off. I'd like it to be a surprise. I mean, I'm sure we'll talk about going out to dinner, but that's about the extent.

I'm still debating...
1) Limo to pick her up or go to dinner
2) Massage before dinner or the next morning. There are pros/cons both ways.
Limo to dinner, massage the next morning.

As a woman I would prefer the massage the next day because you feel kind of greasy after and putting on nice clothes full of massage lotion would be kind of sticky...gross...to me. That is unless you give her time to shower and get ready for dinner after the massage.

As a woman I would prefer the massage the next day because you feel kind of greasy after and putting on nice clothes full of massage lotion would be kind of sticky...gross...to me. That is unless you give her time to shower and get ready for dinner after the massage.
The bolded is possible. Picture the following timeline:
3:30P Pick up DW from work
4:00P Arrive at hotel
4:45P Spa Appointment
5:15P Leave spa (ETA: massage is 50 minutes)
6:45P Meet Limo/Uber
7:30P Dinner reservation (about 20 minutes from hotel)
9:00P Leave dinner
9:30P Back at hotel

Last edited:
The bolded is possible. Picture the following timeline:
3:30P Pick up DW from work
4:00P Arrive at hotel
4:45P Spa Appointment
5:15P Leave spa
6:45P Meet Limo/Uber
7:30P Dinner reservation (about 20 minutes from hotel)
9:00P Leave dinner
9:30P Back at hotel

I think you're underestimating the time spent at the spa. Even if it's just a 30 minute massage, plan on a minimum of an hour at least.

I agree with others about leaving the massage until the next morning - trying to fit it in might just cause more stress than relaxation, IMO.

I think you're underestimating the time spent at the spa. Even if it's just a 30 minute massage, plan on a minimum of an hour at least.

I agree with others about leaving the massage until the next morning - trying to fit it in might just cause more stress than relaxation, IMO.

You said the massage was 50 minutes, but only have 30 in your time line. I would allow an hour, at the least. Also, after a massage, I would not want to rush back to the room to shower, put on makeup, dress and be ready to leave in an hour or less. I would rather relax.

I would schedule massage for the morning so you can relax after.
Enjoy the down time between arriving at the hotel and getting ready for dinner by enjoying your champagne and chocolates or appetizers. Then you have plenty of time to leisurely get ready for dinner.

If my dh was going to get a limo, I wouldn't want to use it only to get to dinner and back. I would want to ride around, see sights if there are any, etc. I would be just as happy with Uber.

You said the massage was 50 minutes, but only have 30 in your time line. I would allow an hour, at the least. Also, after a massage, I would not want to rush back to the room to shower, put on makeup, dress and be ready to leave in an hour or less. I would rather relax.

I would schedule massage for the morning so you can relax after.
Enjoy the down time between arriving at the hotel and getting ready for dinner by enjoying your champagne and chocolates or appetizers. Then you have plenty of time to leisurely get ready for dinner.

If my dh was going to get a limo, I wouldn't want to use it only to get to dinner and back. I would want to ride around, see sights if there are any, etc. I would be just as happy with Uber.
You're right. I did the math wrong. I wanted to put 90 minutes in for the massage time, but that doesn't leave enough time to shower for dinner. Sounds like massage the next morning.

Next question... if I use Uber (Select/Black) to pick DW up, would the Uber wait for me to get her (I'm guessing 5-10 minutes to get her to the front desk, get over her shock, then go collect her things), or would I need to call for another Uber?
Thanks all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter