Anniversary of Adoption

RUDisney

Mom to Ivan & Kristina
We will be leaving in October for our kids' first Disney experience. The day our flight takes
off is exactly one year to the day that we left for Russia last year to adopt them. Does
anyone know if Disney will do anything for our "unbirthday"? That is... the day that our
adoption was finalized.

Our son is 7 and our daughter will be 6. I'm sure that being at Disney will be enough, but
after the way that they lived for their first several years, we try to make everything as
extra special as possible.

Our daughter and I watched the planning video together about 2 months ago. She kept
shaking in excitement and hugging me because she couldn't imagine such a wonderful
place. She can't understand why we have to wait to go. She wants to go NOW! So do I,
but the BW is worth the wait.

Hi there. welcome to the DIS and congratulations on your wonderful adoption! I have three adopted kids, myself.

You could call WDW Dining and maybe they can help you with ordering a cake for one of your sit down meals. Try to get some character meals in for the kids so they can have great interactions with the characters. We like Chef Mickeys, Garden Grill, and Crystal Palace. If you can, try a breakfast a Cinderella's Castle, but you HAVE to call exactly at 7 am EST EXACTLY the 60 days prior to the day you want to do the breakfast; it is quite popular.

You could also tell your resort of this wonderfully special day, and I bet they could deliver balloons and a card to your resort room like they do for birthdays.

Have a wonderful trip! And once again, welcome!

Congrats on your upcoming trip....and your adoption of two wonderful children....

I would be surprised if Disney didn't do something-- just make sure you mention it when you check in at your hotel.

In addition, there are ways for you to celebrate with your children by having balloons and such delivered to your room, if you're interested in that. Again, the front desk can assist you with that, and I would call ahead of time to get those arrangements made. Unfortunately I don't know the number for the florist that most people use for stuff like this. You can also get a cake delivered to your room.

Congratulations! The traditions of a lifetime are starting now. :)

I never stopped to think about having balloons delivered. The kids go ga-ga over balloons. I thought the cake idea was wonderful, too... even better to have it delivered to the room because then we can have all that nutrition for breakfast the next day, too. lol We have promised the kids that they can go on the pirate cruise. Ivan, our ds, said that he's going to find all of the pirate's gold to give it to Mama and Papa. He's such a good boy. I'll make sure that I tag my calendar to schedule a meal in the castle and to schedule our special things in advance.

Thanks so much for your advice. This forum ROCKS!

What a great way to treat your kids! I hope you have a wonderful time! It should prove to be a very magical experience for your new family. Don't forget to post your trip report when you get back!

We're glad to have you! These boards are the absolute best!!!

...only 9 days to go....are we there yet??? :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

I also thought of guest of honor badges. You can contact www.giftsofalifetime.com to see if they can get some for you or you can get them at Downtown Disney or MGM for you kids to wear. They are like the CM nametags, but has your childrens' names on them. Gifts of a lifetime can also arrange special things for you if you want.

Gifts of a lifetime has a package with mouse ears, an autograph book, guest of honor badge, WS passport etc for 55. I tried ot add up all the prices last night and it seems they are not adding much to the actual price of the items.

I saw the package deal that they have and I've been trying to decide... do we buy it for their kindergarten and Pre-K graduations, or do we wait and give it to them a couple of weeks before our trip. I have a feeling that we'll give it to them at the beginning of October so we know that everything is intact and not lost during our "summer of planning."

Welcome to the boards RU & congratulations on your adoptions.
An additional thought is if you are going in late October (like 5 nights during the last couple of weeks, dates not yet released) Magic Kingdom has a 'Mickey's Not So Scary Holloween Party' in the evening.
We are attending this year (10/23 to 11/1 & hoping to hit on one of these dates!)
It is extra money, and not sure how this additional American tradition will go over. Just a thought.

Enjoy your trip!

We are definitely going to Mickey's Halloween party. We got to "celebrate" Halloween last year at TGIFriday's in Moscow. Ivan was very concerned about one of the waitresses who had herself wrapped in bandages with fake blood. He thought she should be in the hospital. He loved the waiter that was dressed as a mummy. That's what he wants to be this year, and Kristina, of course will be Minnie. We'll be taking their costumes with us for the party. Any idea when the tickets will be onsale?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter