Anniversary Romantic Suggestions...help Please!!

axelf63

Earning My Ears
Ok everyone...I need some help out there....

This is my dilemma....

I have over the "ears" (the last 20 to be exact) loved to surprise my wife with "unknown" events...just when she would least expect it something would happen for a special event...usually our wedding anniversary...

I have been known to become very imaginative and expensive on planning the events (such as a custom made 1 carat Emerald/Diamond necklace shipped to WDW ahead of our last trip, buried in the sand at the GF, then had the GF private dining cater a private meal out on the lake with roses, music & a complete history of our lives together in a photo album)...

But here is the dillema....

We are planing our next trip to WDW in Sept (we will be there the 17th-27th at the Poly, our anniversary is the 14th and we are planning on celebrating at that time) and I would like to do something "nice" and or unexpected again, but my mind for some reason is a complete blank....

Usually I have no problem, once the old creative juices start to flow...but I have been beating my head against a brick wall and cannot come up with a single thing....

I have concerns that the wife may become used to things like this (this is not the nly time I have done surprises such as this in the past...), and I have told her that I have absolutely nothing planned for this trip...(with a straight face, ofcourse)...

And she...with a straight face...said she "believed me"...

My question: should I try to plan something, or maybe give it a rest?

If I do...(plan something), I need some creative help....something to kickstart the old brainfactory....

I have used Jane at Gifts of a Lifetime for the last event...she was absolutely awsome....cannot say enough...and am waiting to hear back form her.....but I do not want to wait until the last minute as theese thngs take time to prep....

If anyone out there has any ideas...I would love to hear them!!!

Thanks in advance....

Dan

Dan: Go to www.giftsofalifetime.com (I think that's the right URL). For a fee, they will help you create a magical event for your anniversary. This would be a wonderful surprise.

We spent May 14 - 21 at WDW in the WL celebrating our 25th anniversary. I made sure all our PS were noted this was our 25th. Many times the meals were very magical. At MK we ate at CP and Liberty Tree Tavern. The servers covered the tables in multi-colored Mickey's as we sat down. At CP our server, Michael, sang to us and brought us an anniversary cupcake, complete with candle. At Liberty Tree Tavern, same Mickeys on the table, but the entire staff came to our table to wish us Happy Anniversary and present us with a certificate.

Another thing to do is schedule lunch or dinner at Garden Grill (The Land/Epcot). Ask for the rehitchin' ceremony. After the meal (all-you-care-to-eat), our server, Sam, brought over Mickey and Pluto, plus 4 other servers and "rehitched" my DW and I. We exchanged "vows" then kissed while everyone counted to 100 (1 - 10 by 1's, then by 10's to 100). We got a picture and then they brought out a yummy cake.

If you want to present a special present, reserve a seat on an Illuminations Cruise. We did that and Disney got us a private boat, fruit and dessert tray, balloons, etc. It was the highlight of the vacation for my DW. Hope this helps!

Hi! Maybe something with the landau coach, or Cinderella's coach? I don't know if they let people other than weddings use Cindy's coach, though... You could go really extravagant one year and plan a fairytale vow renewal :)
They also have the landau coach from the Wilderness Lodge now.
Cheers!
Heather P

Axelf63- it's so nice of you to do these sweet things for your DW!!! Even though you may do special things for her a lot, I say go for it again! That kind of stuff never gets old!

One recommendation: I know that you can have a private dinner in Disney's Haunted Mansion. They hold the dinner in the foyer of the Haunted Mansion. I read about it at www.doombuggies.com. (One note- the website did say "for the right price.") When I clicked on the link, it took me to the Disneyworld Honeymoons & Anniversaries page. To learn more about this event, you can call a Disney consultant at (407) 828-3400.

If your DW likes the HM, this would certainly be an unforgettable experience!

Good luck!
:)

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone that took the time to reply...

Eyeore:

Yep, we used Jane with Gifts of a Lifetime the last event...she is absolutely awsome to deal with & I would use her again in a minute...

I have emailed her several weeks ago, but have not heard back from her...wonder if she is on vacation...I will have to bump her again.

Queenofhearts:

Thanks for the nice compliment....you know...there is something to planning surprises like this....I get such a kick out of doing them for her...it is almost like a "high", but then what a let down until the next one....(and usually what an empty wallet...lol).

The ultimate dinner.....eh???? (In true Ghost Host voice...)....

Wonder what would be on the plate???? :o)

I might have to check into that...but most likely I would not be able to afford something so costly (I can only imagine...)...but the suspense is killing me....

Guess I am gonna have to click on the links and see...

Thanks again!!

Dan

Queenofhearts,

Tried to find the link you spoke of...and I cannot...

Can you guide me to it?

Thanks...

Dan

Here is the link to the Disney Weddings page, with the couple who had an event in the Haunted Mansion:
http://disney.go.com/vacations/disneyweddings/weddings/i_do_again.html
I searched the Disneymooners list archives, b/c I know some people there have looked into having events at the HM, and here is the info that was quoted to them by a Fairytale Weddings sales manager:
"The dinner is held in the "elevator" room. They open
up the door and set up round tables throughout that area. After
dinner, your group rides through the attraction together.
This venue holds a maximum of 72 people. The basic package
includes linens, "streetmosphere", the attraction, and a
headless horseman for $6,486. Dinner menus start at $110pp
plus tax and gratuity. A two-hour premium bar is $22pp plus tax
and gratuity. "
This was back in August 2001, though, so I'm sure prices have changed somewhat.
Cheers!
Heather P

Thanks Heather!!!

And I thought that ti was for two....didn't imaginge that it was for an entire "party"!!

What a way to have a dinner...

I will defienetly look at the information...

Thanks again so much!!

Dan

It sounds like you have planned some neat parties. Maybe it's something you should do after you retire.

I like the suggestion about Cinderella's coach. My husband mentioned that's what he'd like to do for our 25th wedding anniversary with a renewal of our vows. Does anyone know what the coach costs? And where does it travel from?

Hi! Cinderella's Coach costs $2500, and it transports the bride from the GF to the Pavilion, then back to the GF. It rides along the road there, to the GF Convention Center. Brides who have used it say that the total time in the coach is about 20-30 minutes. I know that it draws a tremendous amount of attention from other guests :)
Cheers!
Heather P

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter